URetards

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

For all you believers out there, and anybody who is dumb enough to part with their money for such a bullshit thing as Reflexology, I encourage you to watch this video, explaining in-depth what a load of Bullshit Reflexology is.

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch...

After watching, I'd like to see you try and explain the points raised in the video.
Vitaman

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

Dear URetard: I wanted to watch the video so I could respond to it. Unfortunately, it has been taken down. I don't know if you are in the medical profession and are out to debunk all other therapies or if you had a bad experience with reflexology. My response to you is this: Do you offer a guarantee of results or you don't pay? I didn't think so. Well, I do, because I believe it is a matter of integrity to deliver to people what they have paid for. I cannot provide for you the scientific research to prove that reflexology when properly applied really works, but I can supply 100's of case histories where it did.
Your response will probably be, that you can't buy into anecdotal evidence. But isn't all science based on emperical observation? If you have a system that provides results 95-99% of the time, wouldn't you have to be closed minded or have an agenda to say that it is not valid?
The bottom line is that there is no amount of evidence that would dissuade my clients that it doesn't work.
If you are sincere in your inquiry, I can be reached at vitaman101@gmail.com. I practice in the Dallas, Tx area.
Paul

Bergen, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Dear Vitaman

Yes I do rely on evidence. When we go to a doctor we all know we will get the testet treatments that has shown to give the best results. The scientific method that guides the practice of doctors and nurses (in only most cases and not all, regrettably) gives us the confidence that we are taken care of in the best of hands. Hands that handle you and treat you in accordance with the best results we have been so far able to derive from mother nature.

Empirical evidence is ofcourse based on our five senses. For empirical evidence to be called evidence, it cannot rely on the subject whom forever and always will have a bias. Objetive empirical evidence is the result of objectivization through the scrutinsation and rigorous scientific experiments. Only when relying on this can one claim ones interpretation to actually be consistent with the real world. Results speak for them selves. And if the truth is what you claim, then do the experiment. But don't forget to count both the hits and the MISSES. Anything else would be biased and faulty, therefore by default WRONG.
You may supply me with 100's of anecdotes that show me that it works, but I may too, show you 1000's of cases that it don't. How does your argument for reflexology being a "system that provides results 95-99% of the time" differ from the also faulty and false argument we often hear from healers and the likes? I know a couple of healers and they claim the same thing, though ofcourse, when scrutinised, they fail to proove anything. Not only that, though it is rather obvious to anyone that does not in advance BELIVE in the theory presented by the therapist or therapy, the practitioners them selves cannot bare to change their minds according to the facts. A practice or therapy should not rely on beliving, but actual undeniable objective scientific results that have been scrutinised and reviewed over and over again. If this is shown to be true of any one of the alternative methods out there, then I and everyone else would have to change our minds accordingly in respect to that practice. And this happens to some extent from time to time, though the therapies that don't, are remarkably always the sort of therapies that rely on "supernatural" systems (like "Chi" or God) to exist. Practicioners of such therapies rarely cave in to the lack of evidence that show positive effects. Neither in the light of evidence that show that the opposite is true. This is relying on "faith" and faith has no place in the market of helping people. This is actually just exploiting people that lack the insight of critical thinking wich is omega in deriving closer to the truth through rational thinking.

I would agree that the scientific evidence don't show that reflexology works. This is indeed only by it self a reason to give up on the theory. Evidentially it should be adjusted so that it might be tested anew.
In conclution.
There is always a way to test, and the results give us either a reason to belive or not to. A theory is something that derives from repeated testing and adjustment of a hypothesis. Not the other way around. The fauly logic of some alternative therapies reveals themselves as they conclude before objectifying and undergoing thorough testing and adjustments. All practices can be testet for results and the period of testing and research is to take place initially when developing a theory. Not the other way around.. The jugde of the matter is nature herself. Like Richard Feynman said: "She will allways reveal herself the way she really is".

I will not claim that you are absolutly wrong, but it is up to you and the other reflexologist to prove that your theory is in some way connected with results... and the truth. Good luck! Sincerely =)
tak

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

even if it right or wrong it up to how people think and if you believe it or not just keep it to yourself there is no reason to shove it to other people.

faithfully
(no one cares community)
:D
Vitaman

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Paul - I obviously do not come to this site often, so I regret the tardiness of this reply. To keep it brief, I have already addressed many of your objections. In my work I get noticeable and often profound results about 95% of the time. Many of which are in one session.I cannot explain why the other 5% doesn't work any more than a doctor could. I do not know of ANY doctor, therapist, chiropractor, etc., who guarantees results or you don't pay. Why is that? I do make this guarantee, as I stated before, it is a matter of integrity. Enough said. Have a wonderful day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••