Foot Massage to Relieve Chronic Back ...

Foot Massage to Relieve Chronic Back Pain and Stressa "Chronic Pain Blog

There are 11 comments on the Netscape story from Dec 9, 2009, titled Foot Massage to Relieve Chronic Back Pain and Stressa "Chronic Pain Blog. In it, Netscape reports that:

Foot Massage to Relieve Chronic Back Pain and Stress - Chronic Pain Blog >> Posted By hassancdz 23 hours, 52 minutes ago in Health & Fitness Do you know that you can relieve chronic back pain and stress by a simple foot massage? Entailing the concept of reflexology which finds its origins from the territories of China, Egypt and the subcontinent ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Netscape.

Judy Moser

Orlando, FL

#1 Jan 7, 2010
This news is all new to me not sure how a foot massage and make back pain feel better I guess if because you will be thinking about your foot and not back.
Judy Moser

Orlando, FL

#2 Jan 7, 2010
This news is all new to me not sure how a foot massage and make back pain feel better I guess if because you will be thinking about your foot and not back.
www.footmassagetherapy.net
Richard

Peru

#3 Jan 8, 2010
The consequences that cause the disease can lead to death, and so this disease is painful and people suffering from it suffers greatly by the constant pain caused by taking medications that are opioid narcotics such as Lortab, Vicodin, hydrocodone, which are very effective in suppressing the pain that causes the disease, we hope that people care and know findrxonline adequately informed as well as notes on your site.
Sam

Lima, Peru

#4 Jan 19, 2010
I take painkillers for my back pain, the best known this findrxonline are vicodin and hydrocodone are opiates to treat my illness, so I recommend always do the necessary consultation to avoid taking medications or analgesics that do not help overcome the pain.
Kristen

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#5 Jan 27, 2010
Reflexology can help relieve back pain! It's not exactly a foot massage though. Reflexology is a bodywork modality where thumb and finger pressure on specific parts of the body is used to balance the body, mind and spirit. I think of it as a type of moving acupressure.

Reflexology can provide relief for a number of conditions including back pain, sciatica, headaches, sinus problems, digestive disorders, painful menses, and fibromyalgia. Research has also shown reflexology to lower blood pressure and to help increase fertility. It also has the effect of relaxing the nervous system which alleviates general stress and anxiety.

http://www.kristenradden.com
Vitaman

Richardson, TX

#6 Dec 29, 2010
Like Kristen, I have had tremendous results relieving both chronic and acute back pain with reflex massage, and it usually occurs in just minutes. Having done this hundreds of times over 30 years, I still get a kick out of the expression on my client's face when I ask them to test their back and the pain is gone or greatly reduced. Their suprise is magnified by their scepticism before we start. They simply cannot believe it works so quickly and effectively.
For more info, you can contact me at [email protected]
P.S. I have been wanting to pass this skill on to others, so if you are interested in being trained please contact me at the above address. We are in the Dallas, Tx area.
bschrag

Houston, TX

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Kristen and Vitaman - I, too, have had great results with Reflexology for back pain. My clients have gradually been able to reduce their meds and some have no pain now.
[email protected] for help or info in the Houston area.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#10 Oct 18, 2014
Yes, foot refloxology is really beneficial in providing relief from various body pains. My aunt has been getting this massage therapy from Belle Vie Day Spa and says it has really provided respite from pain in the legs.
balalnce

Axams, Austria

#11 Dec 20, 2016
Reflexology increases blood flow to specific regions in our body. better blood flow means more oxygen utilization, anything that has more oxygen functions better. stimulating certain foot reflex points on a regular bases, everyday e.g. while you brush your teeth, will eliminate these little aches and pains that are starting to occur when we get older. Therefore, Reflexology is actually a very preventive method our youth should know about. There have been studies in Austria showing scientific results that these specific reflex points actually really do work.
relaxthefeetva

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Mar 14, 2017
The kind of lifestyle that you have is also a contributing factor for your back pain. Sitting a lot and not exercising can cause this condition. Your back pain will also worsen if you lift heavy objects or slouch while you sit at your desk.
Tim S

Omaha, NE

#14 Apr 14, 2017
I agree!

For the doubters and/or hardcore empiricists out there, the mechanism by which reflexology can address chronic back pain is as follows (gate control theory): acupressure of the right zones, or even the wrong ones as the thoery postulates, stimulate non-nociceptive fibers that inhibit the uptake of substance P (a critical piece of the pain pathway). What's one thing that stimulates these non-nociceptive fibers? Fine touch - bingo, reflexology. Find out more at http://www.solemapping.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reflexology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yes, Homeopathy CAN Shrink an Enlarged Prostate (Apr '10) Apr '17 james 32
Reflexology: Does it Actually Work? (Mar '17) Mar '17 relaxthefeetva 1
macular degeneration (Jan '17) Jan '17 chanel22 1
News Reflexology Offers Some Pain Relief (Apr '13) Dec '16 balalnce 8
News A guide to popular alternative medical treatments (May '14) Nov '16 USS LIBERTY 10
How t get rid of smelly hands after foot treatm... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Ezzie 1
News Mother's Day: The best spas to pamper mom (May '15) May '15 Rose Henderson 1
More from around the web