Settlement reached in radiation overdose case; fines dismissed agai...

Full story: Eureka Times Standard

A settlement in a civil suit lodged by the family of a 2-year-old boy allegedly exposed to an overdose of radiation during a test at Mad River Community Hospital in 2008 was filed in Humboldt County Superior Court on Friday.
Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Jul 19, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Best thing is

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Phoo wrote:
How do you settle when you can't determine damage? This is insane.
Ya I agree... so the kid starts growing an extra testicle and we should get at least another 3 million for that right?
Ponder z

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Sal wrote:
<quoted text> Stop sweating your sorry ace! Obama(D) Care is your future care... now you have something to worry about!
because the likes of Raven will be the norm. Don't forget to sign your litigation waiver, and mediation agreement. Standard Obama(D) care paperwork.
Best thing is

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Ponder z wrote:
<quoted text>
because the likes of Raven will be the norm. Don't forget to sign your litigation waiver, and mediation agreement. Standard Obama(D) care paperwork.
what would you rather have?

Bush wars or....

Obama Care?

I know you know the answer to that... taking into consideration you could handle an M-16
ConcernedCitizen

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Doug Shaw is an incompetent CEO who is a trapped man. I agree with SNaFU, all he cares about is himself and his shareholders. This county will be better off when MRCH is sold to a new owner. More investigation reporting should be done at that hospital before another patient suffers. They recently lost the very effective pain management team to St. Joes for good reason. The leadership is as sick as the patients they supposely care for.
Lawrence Stone

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Impossible to get health care on the north coast because we have no doctors that are worth anything. Not having quality schools in the area keeps professionals away and we have sub standard humboldt slackers frying people with x-rays.
Just another example of the shallow labor pool this area has and why it will never amount to anything but something half a*sed- it's just the north coast culture.
Until the area can provide a healthy place to raise children there will be nothing of value here, only second rate at best.
Get sick- go th
Betty

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

I have suffered radiation dose - the affects are misery - this poor child is of course DNA damaged if I am. YOU had better be very careful if you have a CAT scan - too many hospitals cover it up without caring about their patients. Stick your head in a sanner and get the same dose as me before you speak.
will rowe rn

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Tokester wrote:
I had xrays there .... Should I worry ?? T
no unless u had a cat scan. and then probably not. i believe this case was due to pts age and size

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Radiology Discussions

Search the Radiology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Breast Cancer Study Jul 16 Texan 6
Online Xray examination (Apr '06) Jul 11 marcia 60
Spot on Uterus .. can menstural cycle impact th... May '14 sanddollarbeach 1
Sinus CT scan safe? (Mar '06) May '14 howard 75
Sources: Feds raid Zwanger-Pesiri Radiology, se... Mar '14 Daisy 1
CT Scan Radiation Help - Radiologist help needed! Jan '14 jaydeer44 1
Trillium review spots 11 'significant' cases (Dec '13) Dec '13 Nathanael 1
•••
•••