Questions for a echocardiographer to ...

Questions for a echocardiographer to answer if possible...

Posted in the Radiology Forum

RealMadridForeve r

Columbia, SC

#1 Apr 18, 2012
Hi! I have several questions about the echocardiography profession and school.
There is NO one who will answer my questions! So I have no idea where to post this.

1) Do you all know of any programs that have training that starts in the spring?
Im currently in a four year program now and I wont be done until Fall 2013, but the two places near me that provide the internship their training doesnt start until the Fall. I have to be finished with all of my courses first before I can apply to the internships. I REALLY dont want to wait for a whole 8 months between the time Im done with my courses until its time for me to start my internship.

2) I really want to get my foot in the door of a hospital so I can start getting hospital experience part time while Im in school and during my internship. What would you all recommend? There is a two year technical school near me and they offer quick job training programs for a cardiac care technician and for an EKG tech. These programs last for a few months. The problem is I went to look up jobs before I spent my money on these quick job training programs, but I didnt see anyone who was hiring for either. Is there anything else I can do? Im 26 years old by the way if that makes a difference. Right now I wait tables and would do anything to get a job in a hospital.

3)Im just curious as to why it takes 18 months to complete the internship programs? I have never heard of an 18 month internship before. Will count towards job experience when its time to go job hunting?

4) What are other credentials do employers look for along with certification? I know you need CPR I think. Is there anything that will make a person really stand out to potential employers?

5)Lastly, is pay the same whether you have a 2 or a 4 year degree?

Thank you for taking the time to go over my questions. I really appreciate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 ct scans in a month! (Mar '10) Oct 23 Jennyct 21
xray placement restrictions? Sep '17 gilroy 1
X-rays per day Sep '17 cindymay13 1
Toshiba CT Scanner tech question Aug '17 Jbrown237 1
study help wanted Aug '17 mrs1996 1
MAs & Radiologists- how do you currently schedu... (Apr '17) Apr '17 meganDesigner 1
News Vancouver radiologists to re-read thousands of ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Kafka 1
More from around the web