Why We Should Ban Psychiatry

Why We Should Ban Psychiatry

Posted in the Psychiatry Forum

Survivor

Laguna Beach, CA

#1 Aug 2, 2012
1. Because psychiatrists frequently cause harm, permanent disabilities, death - death of the body-mind-spirit.
2. Because psychiatrists frequently violate the Hippocratic Oath which orders all physicians "First Do No Harm."
3. Because psychiatrists patronize and disempower people, especially their patients.
4. Because psychiatry is not a medical science.
5. Because psychiatry is quackery, a pseudo-science which lacks independent diagnostic tests,testable hypotheses, and cures for "schizophrenia" and all other types of alleged "mental illness" or "mental disorder".
6. Because psychiatrists cannot accurately and reliably predict dangerousness, violence or any other type of human behaviour, yet make such claims as "expert witnesses", and with the media promote the "dangerous mental patient" myth/stereotype.
7. Because psychiatrists
have caused a worldwide epidemic of brain damage by promoting and prescribing brain-disabling treatments such as the neuroleptics, antidepressants, electroconvulsive brainwashing (electroshock), and psychosurgery lobotomy).
8. Because psychiatrists manufacture hundreds of "mental disorders" classified in its bible called "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (a modern witch-hunting manual); such "mental disorders" and "symptoms" are in fact negative, class-and-culturally-biased moral judgments for dissident ways of coping with personal problems and alternative ways of perceiving, interpreting or being in the world.
9. Because psychiatrists, blinded by their medical model bias, fraudulently pathologize and label people's serious life or existential crises as "symptoms" of "mental illness" or "mental disorder" such as "schizophrenia", "bipolar affective disorder", and "personality disorder".
10. Because psychiatrists compound this fraud by falsely claiming, without scientific proof, that these "mental disorders" are caused by a "biochemical imbalance" in the brain, genetic factors or "genetic predispositions", despite the fact that there are no genetic factors in "mental illness".
11. Because psychiatrists frequently misinform their patients, families and the public by claiming that brain-disabling procedures such as the neurotoxins (e.g.,"antipsychotic medication" and "antidepressasnts"), electroconvulsive brainwashing (electroconvulsive therapy/"ECT"), psychosurgery (lobotomy) and other behaviour modification-mind control procedures are "safe, effective and lifesaving". The exact opposite is tragically true.
12. Because psychiatrists routinely deceive or lie to patients, prisoners, their families, and public.
13. Because psychiatrists routinely and willfully violate the medical-ethical principle of "informed consent" by misinforming or not informing their patients about the numerous toxic, disabling and frequently permanent effects of the neuroleptics such as memory loss, tardive dyskinesia, tardive psychosis, parkinsonism, dementia (all signs of brain damage), and death.
Survivor

Laguna Beach, CA

#2 Aug 2, 2012
14. Because psychiatrists routinely threaten, intimidate or coerce many patients - particularly women, children, the elderly, and prisoners - into consenting to health-threatening/brain-damag ing "treatment" such as the antidepressants, neuroleptics, electroconvulsive brainwashing, and hi-risk experiments.
15. Because psychiatrists frequently fail to fully inform psychiatric inmates and prisoners about existing safe and humane, non-medical alternatives in the community such as survivor-controlled crisis centres, dropins, self-help or advocacy groups, diet, massage, wholistic medicine, affordable supportive housing, and jobs.
16. Because psychiatrists are sexist in frequently stereotyping women in crisis as "hysterical" or "over-emotional", blaming women whenever they voice real complaints and assertively express their feelings and emotions, prescribing massive doses of tranquilizers and antidrepressants to disproportionately large numbers of women, and in sexually assaulting women in their offices and institutions.
17. Because psychiatrists, particularly white male psychiatrists, are homophobic - the American Psychiatric Association (APA) once labelled homosexuality as a "mental illness" or "mental disorder", and have used forced electroshock on lesbians, trying to coerce them into adopting a heterosexual life style.
18. Because psychiatrists are ageist in prescribing tranquilizers, antidepressants ("medication") and electroconvulsive brainwashing for disproportionately large numbers of elderly people - a form of elder abuse.
19. Because psychiatrists are racist in disproportionately incarcerating and drugging people of African descent, aboringal people, other people of colour and labelling them "psychotic" or "schizophrenic".
20. Because psychiatrists routinely violate people's civil rights, human rights and constitutional rights such as imprisoning innocent people without court trial or public hearing ("involuntary commitment"), and subjecting them to cruel and unusual punishments or tortures such as forced drugging, electroconvulsive brainwashing, psychosurgery, solitary confinement, "chemical restraints", and 4-point or 5-point restraints.
21. Because psychiatrists masterminded the mass murder of hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people including disabled children, the elderly and psychiatric patients during The Holocaust in Nazi Germany, and "selected" hundreds of thousands of concentration camp prisoners for death ("T-4 euthanasia" program)- historical facts still missing in psychiatric textbooks and histories.
22. Because psychiatrists have willingly participated in and administered mind-control experiments in the United States and Canada since the early 1950s - its chief targets have been poor patients, women, dissidents and prisoners.
23. Because psychiatry, particularly institutional-biological psychiatry, is based on the 3 Fs: Fear, Fraud, and Force.
24. Because psychiatry is a form of social control or punishment - not treatment.
25. Because psychiatry, particularly institutional-biological psychiatry, is fascist - a direct threat to democracy, human rights and life.
Survivor

Laguna Beach, CA

#3 Aug 2, 2012
25 GOOD REASONS WHY PSYCHIATRY MUST BE ABOLISHED
by Don Weitz
1. Because psychiatrists frequently cause harm, permanent disabilities, death - death of the body-mind-spirit.

2. Because psychiatrists frequently violate the Hippocratic Oath which orders all physicians "First Do No Harm."

3. Because psychiatrists patronize and disempower people, especially their patients.

4. Because psychiatry is not a medical science.

5. Because psychiatry is quackery, a pseudo-science which lacks independent diagnostic tests, testable hypotheses, and cures for "schizophrenia" and all other types of alleged "mental illness" or "mental disorder".

6. Because psychiatrists can not accurately and reliably predict dangerousness, violence, or any other type of human behaviour, yet make such claims as "expert witnesses", and with the media promote the "dangerous mental patient" myth/stereotype.

7. Because psychiatrists have caused a worldwide epidemic of brain damage by promoting and prescribing brain-disabling treatments such as the neuroleptics, antidepressants, electroconvulsive brainwashing (electroshock), and psychosurgery (lobotomy).

8. Because psychiatrists manufacture hundreds of "mental disorders" classified in its bible called "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (a modern witch-hunting manual); such "mental disorders" and "symptoms" are in fact negative, class-and-culturally-biased moral judgments for dissident ways of coping with personal problems and alternative ways of perceiving, interpreting or being in the world.

9. Because psychiatrists, blinded by their medical model bias, fraudulently pathologize and label people's serious life or existential crises as "symptoms" of "mental illness" or "mental disorder" such as "schizophrenia", "bipolar affective disorder", and "personality disorder".

10. Because psychiatrists compound this fraud by falsely claiming, without scientific proof, that these "mental disorders" are caused by a "biochemical imbalance" in the brain, genetic factors or "genetic predispositions", despite the fact that there are no genetic factors in "mental illness".

11. Because psychiatrists frequently misinform their patients, families and the public by claiming that brain-disabling procedures such as the neurotoxins (e.g.,"antipsychotic medication" and "antidepressasnts"), electroconvulsive brainwashing (electroconvulsive therapy/"ECT"), psychosurgery (lobotomy) and other behaviour modification-mind control procedures are "safe, effective and lifesaving". The exact opposite is tragically true.

12. Because psychiatrists routinely deceive or lie to patients, prisoners, their families, and the public.

13. Because psychiatrists routinely and willfully violate the medical-ethical principle of "informed consent" by misinforming or not informing their patients about the numerous toxic, disabling and frequently permanent effects of the neuroleptics such as memory loss, tardive dyskinesia, tardive psychosis, parkinsonism, dementia (all signs of brain damage), and death.

14. Because psychiatrists routinely threaten, intimidate or coerce many patients - particularly women, children, the elderly, and prisoners - into consenting to health-threatening/brain-damag ing "treatment" such as the antidepressants, neuroleptics, electroconvulsive brainwashing, and hi-risk experiments.

Brain butchers.
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#4 Aug 10, 2012
can't argue with your evaluation. Your right on course.
kristy

West Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 14, 2012
However, there are indeed a few walls and barriers that were broken down because of modern psychiatry. If we lived in the earlier stages of psychiatry, those who are different or what we call as depressed, schizophrenics and bipolar might have been tortured until they become normal. Although there are many people who would gladly make money out of the misery of many. http://www.zoloftsertralinebirthdefects.com
AMA is a scam

Detroit, MI

#6 Sep 29, 2012
we aint gonna do anything
thanks for wanting it though
DUDE

Mission Viejo, CA

#7 Oct 2, 2012
AMA is a scam wrote:
we aint gonna do anything
thanks for wanting it though
Every post is doing something.

Thanks to the internet the truth about psychiatry is out and spreading fast. The chemical imbalance lie is almost dead.

Dont forget to post useful links !

The Marketing of Madness, The Truth About Psychotropic Drugs-Full Length Documentary
DUDE

Mission Viejo, CA

#8 Oct 2, 2012
SSRI Stories Antidepressant Nightmares

"We Speak for the Dead to Protect the Living"

http://www.ssristories.com/
ROBERT TWO

Kent Town, Australia

#9 Oct 2, 2012
I am in depression and I see the pproblem that we are in this on our own. Medication is only to shut one up. It is like getting drunk when you get out of it you are still depressed. MEDICATION only passes the time mindlessly.
Axys

London, UK

#10 Dec 27, 2015
Thanks for these posts.

I am in total agreement with the Anti Psychiatry position.

Over a quarter century ago, an agreived colleague, concocted to have me arrested and tortured in a state facility. I was 21 at the time and had spent a good deal of my time as a student of social science arguing that mental illness did not exist.

They succeeded in having the police detain me, by lying, and after twenty six years continual torture, I am nearly dead.

Anyone caught up in this thing, knows that there is next to no way out of it, if you cannot rely on your next of kin, as many cant.

Where there is a family rift, psychiatry steps in, and burns the socially weaker of the parties.

Due to the isolation and pain caused by psychiatry, I, as many of us, spent Christmas penniless, starving and alone.

I do not expect that the world is going to change over night, even though the reasons are there for it to. In any case, banning psychiatry, will not in itself restore the damage it has done to my body brain and physical development.

However much we hope the world will lurch away from fascism once and for all, it still looks as if the largest of human investments is in fascism, because that is the direction politics have been going in, when we stop to consider things and try to halt the pain and terror of psychiatry.

My website is www.antipsychiatry.co.uk
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#12 Jan 4, 2016
kristy wrote:
However, there are indeed a few walls and barriers that were broken down because of modern psychiatry. If we lived in the earlier stages of psychiatry, those who are different or what we call as depressed, schizophrenics and bipolar might have been tortured until they become normal. Although there are many people who would gladly make money out of the misery of many. http://www.zoloftsertralinebirthdefects.com
No science to pşychitry. The start of mordern pstchiatry during WWII nazi, Germany has changed very little in theory and ambition to r6le the population. At the end of WWII before the Nuremberg trials most psychiatrist and other mental health workers were killed by the local towns people or committed suicide rather then suffer the consequences for the crimes and atrocities they committed against humanrights. The Republican (ALEC) Bush family (PHARMACUTICAL) released the surpression of psychiatry after WWII in the USA and worldwide KILLING AND TORTURING many without science.
Seija

Sweden

#13 Nov 5, 2016
I am antipsykiatrist. And I do know for 100% cliar that strick public service country's misuse a psychiatry like soviet union.. So in my homeland Finland peoples must cover up they frustration of public health cure..because its like soviet union..shops..you co there but get zero.

And if they can't hide they frustrations and say some critical health cure provider's force a person to state psychiatry who does a menttall I'll papers to these who can't hide they frustration any longer..

I got meningitis and went 7 different state health cure..and non of them did not took me in..

And went obout 7 days when I soon a first doctor.. But she started in state doctors manner to psychiatrist and only private section check it it was menigi..

I was newer able to fix these papers. Because of authoritarian system..which only walue a state offisers and after finns had all the time I had got sick which 22 year..they mock..with psychiatry because the state are hostile to them who criticize a state health cure and we have no insurance

Couple of time when I has went to claim of fysical pain they had complete planned trap and prisont me..I know only reason of critics.
M
So I hate my home country and I will be clad when it will got a GOD punishment and united back to Russia. Its evil authority's to those who are critical.
Seija

Sweden

#14 Nov 5, 2016
Tree pancake theory had made : daervinism, Marxism, and Freud ..they know each others and Freud and moses mordocai levy was ( change name KARL MARX ) was friends and 31 level illuminate and they all desite to pancake theory's...they know that people will believe if they make a big books which look science ..and sleek long..so eventually people dos not realize to ask..do there have a any labs behind a science or is it only a theory..

Same doctors circle educate a psychiatry and same circle keep medical factory's in each country and earn criminal monay of factoring a human right violence..

So we must ask the state correct a papers and psychiatry's to pay compensation of they crime after when psychiatry and puplic funds are taken off from..psychiatry.

Of cause there are paoples who does believe they got bernifit on blasebo science which they believe. Psychiatry its absolute midicin of believe,s
HumanSpirit

Fort White, FL

#15 Nov 8, 2016
Psychiatry gets victims through the corruption of the HRS aging and youth and family. Constitutional violations are present with the operation of these organization against the American families and the aged
HumanSpirit

Fort White, FL

#16 Nov 8, 2016
Bush presidency used the mental health industry as a means to increase employment and to create power and control over the American society for the New World Order.
Humanspirit

Alachua, FL

#18 Mar 8, 2017
Protect the constitution. We know what has to be done.
Humanspirit

High Springs, FL

#19 Oct 2, 2017
DSM

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders or Drug Dealers Hand Book for short.

The DSM is a drug dealerís training manual and nothing more. It is not science, it's only a drug pushers dream. Everyone has mental disorders if you look at all the so called symptoms that psychiatrists and doctors make up. Plus anyone can fake the symptoms, which leads to Overprescribing of Medications or just plain corrupted behavior. It's a felony to sell or use medications without prescriptions but somehow Doctors are rarely ever arrested. Only Science can fully understand what is happening to the human brain and how the brain is affected by foods, chemicals, environment and poor education. Then this information has to be passed on to parents, teachers and the general public. The FDA has failed to protect the general public from bogus pharmaceutical drugs and the claims they make. The FDA is corrupt and part of the drug dealing business. We should reevaluate the responsibilities of FDA and create a more responsible agency that is incorruptible and only serves the publics best interest and not the interests of money and corporations. Parents who believe that their child has ADD or ADHD should seek out Child Development Professionals instead of Doctors. The drugs that treat ADD or ADHD cause more damage to the person then actually helping them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Psychiatry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AAP diabetes, concepts, and research article hi... (Jan '08) Dec 5 Harry Horton 2,069
News Quebec to spend $35-million a year on psychothe... Dec 4 humanspirit 1
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? Dec 4 humanspirit 317
The Pharma front group NAMI national alliance o... (Nov '13) Nov 27 I post here 4
News Failing our children Nov 19 Control Subject 2
News One in 10 five-year-olds show signs of developi... Nov 17 humanspirit 1
News Q&A with... Dr. Wendy Wolfson, a board-certifie... Nov 17 humanspirit 1
More from around the web