Menthol Cigarettes Are More Addictive...

Menthol Cigarettes Are More Addictive for African American and Hispanic Smokers

There are 28 comments on the Newswise story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Menthol Cigarettes Are More Addictive for African American and Hispanic Smokers. In it, Newswise reports that:

African American and Hispanic adults who smoke menthol cigarettes may be less likely to quit smoking than those who smoke regular cigarettes, a new study by researchers at the UMDNJ-School of Public Health has found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newswise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sambos Friend

AOL

#21 Dec 4, 2009
Sambo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quimbo, is that you?
Ye Bro. I see you may live in the Wash D.C. area. Hows my old friend Marion Berry doing? He's got that cickle cell thing you know.
Sambo

Washington, DC

#22 Dec 4, 2009
Sambos Friend wrote:
<quoted text> Ye Bro. I see you may live in the Wash D.C. area. Hows my old friend Marion Berry doing? He's got that cickle cell thing you know.
Really? Well, I'm I'm sure he'll get the best of care.
PreachingToTheGa rbage

Marion, OH

#23 Dec 4, 2009
Sambos Friend wrote:
<quoted text> Ye Bro. I see you may live in the Wash D.C. area. Hows my old friend Marion Berry doing? He's got that cickle cell thing you know.
Just Candid I see your shorting gold is working out just fine.
Dan USA

Waukesha, WI

#24 Dec 4, 2009
Hey NAACP, don't be discriminating against us White menthol smokers. We're in this together.
39ehonor

San Antonio, TX

#25 Dec 4, 2009
Who cares?? Nobody actually smokes any more, anyway--Smoking is seen as something only the lower classes partake in--I haven't met anybody who smokes in decades
Jammalll

Cumming, GA

#26 Dec 4, 2009
Where my mofo Gubment supplied Kools Obama?

Since: Aug 09

South Africa

#27 Dec 5, 2009
canadahatesnggrs wrote:
<quoted text>
The colour of the skin isn't what makes them more addictive, it's a combination of genetic structure and culture. Anyone that thinks the only evolutionary changes made in the past 100, 000 years is the colour of skin and the shape of the eyes, nose and lips is deluding themselves.
I was about to make almost the same post. Glad I read ahead.
Just Candid

AOL

#28 Dec 5, 2009
Menthol has long been known to open ones airways. Having in in cigs. helps get the nicotine drug down deep into ones lungs. Gives it more kick for the buck?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Preventive Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pasadena will spend $1.5M to combat smoking amo... Nov '16 Raymond Cyst 1
News Remote and poor Australians at greater risk of ... Oct '16 Dawson 4
News Many gay and bisexual men unaware that PrEP med... Oct '16 Xstain Spot Remover 1
News Wellness Committee of Thousand Oaks Presents "1... Jul '16 Udo 1
News E-cigarettes don't help people quit smoking (Apr '16) Apr '16 Setton U Strait 2
News 10 Ways to Lower Cholesterol (Jan '12) Sep '15 carterbn 7
News The pros and cons of migraine medicines (Jul '11) Jun '15 KelcieLe 10
More from around the web