DATABASE: LAPD's Most Wanted

DATABASE: LAPD's Most Wanted

There are 3 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Sep 29, 2010, titled DATABASE: LAPD's Most Wanted. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

This is regarding "Costly new drugs raise life and death questions" . While some would debate the value of "costly new drugs raising life and death questions," there are new developments and indications that a comprehensive, palliative care program can provide similar results for many people at a fraction of the cost of the drugs mentioned in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

“cracker-barrel philosopher”

Since: Jan 08

Wilmington/Carson/San Pedro

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Tough sell, Warren. "The central question becomes how the different parties see the role of government, and how to pay for the services citizens demand of government."

The central problem is, again, the size of government. The role of government should be sized to the capacity of it's revenue. California's opportunity to increase revenue by adjusting upward current tax rates or creating new tax streams is practically nil. http://retirementliving.com/RLstate1.html (California competes against both other states and overseas in taxation)

The state doesn't print money, so it has to balance its budget. So, what is the role of government, Warren? And how do you work that into the balanced budget? Is it the competition between the common functions and the uncommon functions of government? Is the issue merely spending money on chasing fraud to save the enormous losses from fraud? Is it only adjusting the payout size and scope of benefits that act as disincentives to work?

I can have questions and I can give answers. But, if the policy maker has questions and no answers then I know the truth. He is waiting to see the outcome of the Prop. 25 vote and the governorship race.
M Richards

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Sep 30, 2010
I bet Tony would have met the President of Croatia if Tony's last name was Villarovic, which it ain't.
Jeannette

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#4 Sep 30, 2010
I beg to differ with Assemblymember Furutani. I strongly encourage a "NO" vote on Proposition 25. The stalemate which he refers is not the fault of one party but rather forced compromise. With the current makeup of the Assembly and State Senate, were this to pass, we will have NO compromise, but simply Democratic produced budgets. As things stand now, my vote is gerrymandered useless (have you seen the map for state senate district 25?) though I believe in process and will VOTE NO ON 25 on Nov. 2. While one provision of the bill is appropriate, legislators losing pay/benefits for each day the budget is late, that ought to happen now, since passing a budget on time is their job and they're not doing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palliative Care Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pair of nurses recognized as 2015 Nurse of the ... May 24 Florence 1
News Patti Ellis McMurry wins Cleveland County Socia... May 6 HumanSpirit 1
News Hospices allow passing on with dignity and grace Mar '15 ndlicht 1
News Terminal cancer care should do more to treat de... Feb '15 Yolanda 1
Palliative Care Feb '15 Old corpse 2
News Access to palliative care needed for all those ... Dec '14 Fiberals no help 1
Palliative care (Nov '14) Nov '14 Zach 1
More from around the web