Shirkey Nursing and Rehab now offerin...

Shirkey Nursing and Rehab now offering hospice service

There are 4 comments on the Richmond Daily News story from Feb 24, 2012, titled Shirkey Nursing and Rehab now offering hospice service. In it, Richmond Daily News reports that:

After receiving final approval on Dec. 9, Shirkey Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is now offering hospice service to the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond Daily News.

I CALL BS

Kansas City, MO

#1 Feb 26, 2012
So were they running an unathorized hospice in October when my Grandfather was accepted to their hospice program? And the part about being non-profit is complete BS, medicare picked up the tab for the medical care costs but his room and board was over $3,800 a month (Kansas city homes would have cost less we checked!). Please tell me what part of this is non-profit?
class of 1998

Kansas City, MO

#3 Feb 27, 2012
Its still better than the home in lexington but no doubt Shirkeys is VERY expensive. My relative spent over $1,400 in only eight days of care and that was only room and board not medical.
Letard

Kansas City, MO

#6 Mar 21, 2012
Dumb Leroy theres no such thing as medical meth. So quit telling your friends it is and dont deny u do it cuz its so obvious your a dwam tweaker.
lets care again

Lansing, KS

#7 Mar 23, 2012
yall crack me up, everytime i read topix ...lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palliative Care Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cross-Canada trek to honour caregivers well int... Jul 4 Mark 1
News Should Medicare cover end-of-life discussions b... (Sep '14) Jun 29 thisiswhatiwant 2
News Pair of nurses recognized as 2015 Nurse of the ... May '15 Florence 1
News Patti Ellis McMurry wins Cleveland County Socia... May '15 HumanSpirit 1
News Hospices allow passing on with dignity and grace Mar '15 ndlicht 1
News Terminal cancer care should do more to treat de... Feb '15 Yolanda 1
Palliative Care (Dec '14) Feb '15 Old corpse 2
More from around the web