Audiologists can diagnose ear problems

Audiologists can diagnose ear problems

There are 1 comment on the GoErie.com story from Mar 15, 2008, titled Audiologists can diagnose ear problems. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I am a deaf-education major taking an audiology class. It was recently brought to my attention that a reader had written to you regarding a problem with his hearing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Not physicians

Enid, OK

#1 Mar 15, 2008
Audiologists are not physicians. While they can be helpful to perform hearing tests and fit patients in hearing aids, audiologists do not attend medical school and are not trained to *diagnose* or manage medical conditions that can affect hearing. A patient would be better off to see an ENT first and have a thorough medical examination prior to having a hearing test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Otolaryngology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drainage from Ear Tubes (Apr '08) Jul '17 Nicole 32
News Doctor accused of inappropriate exam behavior t... (Nov '09) Jun '17 Yimminy Rickets 356
Ear pain (Apr '17) Apr '17 Stardustusa 1
Tinnitus: A Darwinian Survival Phenomenon? (Dec '16) Dec '16 Sylvester Fernandes 1
News Doctors keep collection of strange items swallo... (Aug '16) Aug '16 wichita-rick 5
News Sinusitis Treatments Found Ineffective (Jan '08) May '16 MartyWhite 4
Tinnitus is manageable but not curable (Dec '15) Dec '15 mdsfe 1
More from around the web