John

Anchorage, AK

#1 Aug 17, 2012
Hello, I am 32; when I was 3 years old I underwent 3 separate placements of tubes in my right ear for frequent infections. Ear infection problem solved, haven't had an issue since. My problem is, I love swimming and I am unable to swim below about 10 feet before I begin to get pain in both my ears. The pain gets worse the deeper I go, and it's pretty severe. I assume this pain is a result of the tubes I had placed nearly 30 years ago. Is there anything I can do to fix the issue or alleviate the pain? Will wax plugs prevent pressure issues? Any info or advise would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Otolaryngology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conventions or Conferences to Attend Aug '14 Frances 2
Drainage from Ear Tubes (Apr '08) Jan '14 Toni 28
CU researchers may have discovered a plan to di... (Dec '13) Dec '13 CPMS BORE HOLE CO... 1
6 weird body noises explained (Oct '13) Oct '13 Uh Clem 14
Rayovac to showcase hearing aid technology at h... (Feb '10) Sep '13 Nikolas 2
Prominent Chicago Facial Reconstructive Surgeon... (Feb '10) Sep '13 ToriumiPatient 3
High quality potassium caynide (Mar '13) Mar '13 Patrick 1

Otolaryngology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE