Totally torn rotator cuff
Bob

Akron, OH

#1 May 17, 2010
Fell 5 weeks ago and found out after an MRI that my rotator cuff is totally torn and there is a bone spur irritating that area.. My question is this. About 7-8 years ago I totally torn my tendon in the same arm from my elbow. By the time they doctors piddled around and discovered it surgery was not an option as it was pulled too far up in my arm. Does it then make sense to go through surgery to repair the rotator cuff; my arm is already weak; or should I just have the bone spur removed?
Jeff

Brentwood, NY

#2 Mar 20, 2011
Yes go through the surgery to repair your rotator cuff. You we will be in recovery for a while but once its healed and you do proper rehab your shoulder will be good as new.

Since: Dec 07

Manhattan, NY

#3 Nov 15, 2011
Just heard back from the Ortho surgeon. Have 2.4CM tear in rotator cuff TOGETHER with complete tear in long head bicep tendon. Surgeon suggests NOT fixing the bicep tendon but doing artho on rotator cuff. My thought is fix it all! What else am I missing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orthopaedic Surgery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rotator cuff surgery Nov 28 Janetann 1
Pain in Right knee after having a rod placed in... (Aug '10) Nov 27 Jackie 58
Femoral head break Nov 21 Hipster 2
GCT inside distal ulna Nov 21 ever9ham 1
Broken tibia and fibula 6 months still no bone ... (Apr '13) Nov 19 blonde cyclist 55
1 Month after Broken Femur - Intramedulary nail... Nov 15 Mmoranz 1
Proximal Bicep tendon rupture (Jun '08) Nov 14 Sage 255
More from around the web