Do have anyone have bowlegs correctio...
sam

Tel Aviv, Israel

#52 Oct 30, 2010
hi Halle, Kay and niniuks, i would love to know if any of you did it? if yes where? and please tell me everything about it, and how are the results? please give me some information!
Elena

Skopje, Macedonia

#55 Dec 27, 2010
Heloo I'm Elena and im from Macedonia for abou 15 years i can't walk and in 2003 in Ohrid come one of your doktors Dimitri Zuzukin and he opered me whit Ilziarov medot and now i can walk tnx for that and i hope that in Ohrid will be more doktors like him
desperate lady

Winterthur, Switzerland

#56 Jan 15, 2011
Hey,
It is so hard for a woman with 30years old to leave with knock knees. This is spoiling my life and i kept looking on internet to find a serious clinic where i could make a surgery to correct my legs. I keep hearing bad thing about that cliic Ladisten or Dr. Veklich and i am really scared to give my life to this man. Resolving this problem is so important. If someone kknows the clinic in new york or somewhere in america where legs corrections can be done please let me know. And if one of you ever done this kind of surgery please tell me ow painfull it is and how long it takes to recovery. Please I realy need your help. Dont let me down please.
Puleng from south africa

Johannesburg, South Africa

#60 Feb 4, 2011
Hi all, im based in south africa, unemployed and miserable about my knocked knee problem. I realy need to have this but my problem, we dont have doctors doing such operations here. Im asking for help from anyone who can be willing to assist me to go anywhere to have this operation, even if it cost me to go anywhere to work and get paid so i can be able to save and have this. Im a pretty african face, but this has taken away all my confidence. Any doctor or an individual who is willing to help. My email [email protected]
Puleng from south africa

Johannesburg, South Africa

#61 Feb 4, 2011
Hi all...
Puleng from south africa...
I had contact with dr veklich in russia, and his responce was so positive, warm and friedly. His office kept in contact with me, regarding all the information i needed. Im very puzzled to read some of the negative things about him. If i had the money or opportunity, i wouldve consindered him first. Im still looking for other options to go have the operation. Please i want to know in which way is he regarded not good, so then i dont throw myself in fire.
Thanks...
ana

South Hadley, MA

#65 Feb 5, 2011
hospital for specail surgery NEW YORK . dr. robert Rozbrech
Jay-Jay

Washington, DC

#68 Feb 14, 2011
I had a tibial osteotomy surgery to straighten my legs in Washington - one in October, 2010, the other leg last week, Feb 10, 2011. They don't recommend doing both legs at once. If you would like to get more information please let me know.
Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how much he charges? and if you need to stay in the country through out the recovery?
kayla

Richmond, VA

#69 Feb 14, 2011
Jay-Jay wrote:
I had a tibial osteotomy surgery to straighten my legs in Washington - one in October, 2010, the other leg last week, Feb 10, 2011. They don't recommend doing both legs at once. If you would like to get more information please let me know.
<quoted text>
Was this Washington State? Or Washington DC? How much?
Jay-Jay

Washington, DC

#71 Feb 21, 2011
Hello-
I had just a bowleg surgery in the states. I really want to help other people who struggle with bowlegs because I exactly know what it's like. There is a technique called I-Balance Tibial Osteotomy, where they put a small plate (wedge) to align your knees. Unless your legs are bowed more than 20 inches this would work to straighten your knees. I just started a blog to share my surgery experience. Please visit my blog and feel free to send me any questions.. http://notacowgirl.wordpress.com
Jay-Jay

Washington, DC

#72 Feb 21, 2011
Hi Jen,

I had just a bowleg surgery in the states. I really want to help other people who struggle with bowlegs because I exactly know what it's like. There is a technique called I-Balance Tibial Osteotomy, where they put a small plate (wedge) to align your knees. Unless your legs are bowed more than 20 inches this would work to straighten your knees. I just started a blog to share my surgery experience. Please visit my blog and feel free to send me any questions.. http://notacowgirl.wordpress.com
jen wrote:
hi there, i'm taiwanese as well but lives in nyc. i'm already 30 years old. noticed my bow legs when i was 10 and have been self conscious for 20 years... avoid skirts, leggings and shorts. really want to get this surgery done. do you have more info on this? can i contact you? thanks!
jc
<quoted text>
Jay-Jay

Washington, DC

#73 Feb 21, 2011
Hi Kayla,

It was in Washington DC and the first surgery (right leg) was 100% covered by insurance. Then due to the change of my job, I had a different insurance company so paid $900 for the second surgery (left leg). I just started a blog to help other people with the sample problem so feel free to visit and leave any questions as I check my blog everyday. I also posted some photos. http://notacowgirl.wordpress.com

With best wishes
kayla wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this Washington State? Or Washington DC? How much?
Jay-Jay

Washington, DC

#74 Feb 21, 2011
Hi Lady,

I am very happy with the result of the first surgery on my right leg. I posted some pictures on my blog: http://notacowgirl.wordpress.com

I researched about the bowleg surgery a lot before my surgery and also considered the surgery in Ukraine despite of that horror story from a guy in Israel. I had an email exchange with Pavel at Ladisten at least 20 times... I thought my bowleggedness was more severe than others - the distance where the gap was at least 5~7 inches. However my surgeon thought it was minor and told me using external fixation device was an overkill. He said the external fixation is for people who have more than 20 inches gap between their knees.

My husband had a car accident long time ago and actually doctors used Ilzarov device on his leg to connect and lengthen the broken bones so he knew how hard it was to have an external fixator. It's much more prone to infection because external fixator is screwed to your bones through your skin.

In terms of the pain, it wasn't as bad as I thought. First two days was hard. The hardest part was after the surgery - being on crutches for 4 weeks (not being able to carry anything in my hands..)

The best approach is seeing an orthopaedic doctor and get his/her feedback. I researched quite a bit and interviewed three people who had a surgery in Ukraine and the most reliable information and source was from my orthopaedic doctor.

Please feel free to visit my blog as I check it everyday. I really want to help other people who are going through the same problem.

With best wishes,

JJ
Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jay -Jay
How is the recovery on the first leg that was done? and was it a painful experience? I was informed that osteotomy surgery wasn't the best option for this condition and isn't the most effective approach for correction. it does not offer the same control or range of functions as an external frame.
I would be very interested to hear of your recovery and the overall result the from the osteotmy.
ilizarov Experience

Cairo, Egypt

#76 Feb 28, 2011
hello everybody
today i'm going to tell you my story with my Curved legs
i'm doing my best with my bad english to chose the clearest and shortest words to share my experience with you.
i'm 28 years old(male) i live in Egypt, i have bow legs problem since i was baby. My parents have not indicated any interest in this problem, Although I know very well that the solution of this problem in a young age is much easier,so i spent whole my life with those legs as a nightmare. dreaming to have my legs straight. finally i decided to take an action and do some research on internet to find the best place to fix it. i have found so many places, many doctors videos, and stories about ilizarov surgery, and finally i found Egypt doctor who is famous in this field. in 22-12 2010
i had my operation in both my legs to get my life back as soon as possible, i paid about 6000 (USD) included 3 days in the hospital, at first meeting in his clinic he told me
this ilizarov will stay in my legs just 3 monthes maximum and i can walk from second day after operation but ,...
what you have to know.
1- it's painful operation specially in the first week
2- you can't walk really before 10 days at least if you
have it in 2 legs. and that will be by help of somebody
3- you need somebody near to you 24 hours in the beginning
4- you need to be Patient and very well prepared
5- forget your dream about remove ilizarov
before 4,5 months. you will not get your life back
realy before 6 months at least from the operation
6- you need to eat very well and walk as you can every day
7- try to prepare good programs before you get
your operation for things you like to do because you
will be bored in your bed for long time.
it's two and half month now from my operation date. and i still walk very slowly with little pain in my legs. today my doctor said i need 2 month more to with my ilizarov.
just i hope in the end i will get my legs strong , looks nice and have no problem to do crazy activities again.
(wish you good luck)
[email protected]
ilizarov Experience

Cairo, Egypt

#77 Feb 28, 2011
hello everybody
i'm doing my best with my bad english to chose the clearest and shortest words to share my experience with you.
i'm 28 years old(male) i live in Egypt, i have bow legs problem since i was baby. My parents have not indicated any interest in this problem, Although I know very well that the solution of this problem in a young age is much easier,so i spent whole my life with those legs as a nightmare. dreaming to have my legs straight. finally i decided to take an action and do some research on internet to find the best place to fix it. i have found so many places, many doctors videos, and stories about ilizarov surgery, and finally i found Egypt doctor who is famous in this field. in 22-12 2010
i had my operation in both my legs to get my life back as soon as possible, i paid about 6000 (USD) included 3 days in the hospital, at first meeting in his clinic he told me
this ilizarov will stay in my legs just 3 monthes maximum and i can walk from second day after operation but ,...
what you have to know.
4- you need to be Patient and very well prepared
6- you need to eat very well and walk as you can every day
it's two and half month now from my operation date. and i still walk very slowly with little pain in my legs. today my doctor said i need 2 month more with my ilizarov.
i have seen many people on internet says they are so fine now after ilizarov
and others says this operation is big lie and they have got serious problems ..!
just i hope in the end i will get my legs strong , looks nice and i'll have no problem to do my crazy activities again.
(wish you good luck)
[email protected]
ilizarov experience

Cairo, Egypt

#78 Feb 28, 2011
hello everybody
i'm 28 years old (male) i live in Egypt, i have bow legs since i was baby. My parents have not indicated any interest in this problem, Although I know very well
that the solution of this problem in a young age is much easier, so i spent whole my life with those legs as a nightmare. dreaming to have my legs straight.
finally i decided to take an action and do some research on internet to find the best place to fix it. i have found so many places, many doctors videos,
and stories about ilizarov surgery, and finally i have found Egyptian doctor who is famous in this field..
22-12 2010 i had my operation in both my legs to get my life back as soon as possible,
i paid about 6000 (USD) included 3 days in the hospital, at first meeting in his clinic my doctor told me
this ilizarov will stay in my legs just 3 monthes maximum and for sure i can walk from the second day after the operation but ,...
what you have to know is. not everything you hear is the truth
4- you need to be Patient and very well prepared for the operation and after
6- you need to eat very well everything and walk as you can every day
it's two and half month now from my operation date. and i still walk very slowly with little pain in my legs.
today my doctor said i need 2 month more with my ilizarov to get my bones.
i have seen many people on interney saying they are so fine after ilizarov and others saying they have got serious problems and this operation is just big lie
just i hope in the end i will get my legs strong , looks nice and have no problem to do crazy activity again.
(wish you good luck)
Mary ann

Greensburg, PA

#79 Mar 20, 2011
I emailed this dr. but my questions were not answered at all, just kept getting messages of :send x rays", send x rays !!! nothing on how its done, nothing on the price. the main THING I FIND IS THAT FOR BOWLEGGEDNESS, THE PICTURES before the surgery he has everybody with their LEGS APART, AND THE after pictures everybody has their legs very CLOSE TOGETHER. WELL IM BOWLEGGED AND WHEN I SQUEEZE MY LEGS TOGETHER my legs can LOOK STRAIGHTER TOO !!!!! THINK ABOUT IT, BEFORE all the pictures legs apart, after legs together. their is something TRULY FISHY about this. He needs to show legs apart after surgery.
aly

Saint Paul, MN

#80 Apr 25, 2011
Hi i have the same problem with my legs i mean its not really bad but i hate it i wana do the sergery but i was wondering does anyone kno any doctor here in the USA that would do that and how much would it cost me?
Not a Cowgirl

Washington, DC

#81 May 1, 2011
Hi Mary-Ann,

I recently had bowleg surgery - tibial osteotomy using iBalance system in Washington DC, USA. I have before and after photos with my legs apart. Hope you can get some information you need from my blog.

http://notacowgirl.wordpress.com/

Best wishes,
Mary ann wrote:
I emailed this dr. but my questions were not answered at all, just kept getting messages of :send x rays", send x rays !!! nothing on how its done, nothing on the price. the main THING I FIND IS THAT FOR BOWLEGGEDNESS, THE PICTURES before the surgery he has everybody with their LEGS APART, AND THE after pictures everybody has their legs very CLOSE TOGETHER. WELL IM BOWLEGGED AND WHEN I SQUEEZE MY LEGS TOGETHER my legs can LOOK STRAIGHTER TOO !!!!! THINK ABOUT IT, BEFORE all the pictures legs apart, after legs together. their is something TRULY FISHY about this. He needs to show legs apart after surgery.
MTN

Auckland, New Zealand

#82 May 4, 2011
Hey, if you have seen the movie "The King's Speech", the king said he has done a surgery for bow leg. I believe there is a risk-free solution out there. But it's so hard to find. I really want to take this surgery asap.
JMG

Quedgeley, UK

#83 May 13, 2011
Hi, is there anybody that had done leg correction in Russian Volgogrod clinic? I would be very grateful for some information as I am considering to going there. Please, help if you can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orthopaedic Surgery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pulled Labrum Anchor? (Jan '12) 16 hr Lollylf123 8
Mystery Pain in Leg after Metal Rod Placement (Apr '09) 18 hr Mark 318
Torn Left Pectoral Muscle - Surgery Required (Jun '06) Mon Ayy600 2,643
Rotator cuff surgery Nov 28 Janetann 1
Pain in Right knee after having a rod placed in... (Aug '10) Nov 27 Jackie 58
Femoral head break Nov 21 Hipster 2
GCT inside distal ulna Nov 21 ever9ham 1
More from around the web