Smoking strongly linked to age-relate...

Smoking strongly linked to age-related blindness

There are 8 comments on the WNFL-AM Green Bay story from May 19, 2011, titled Smoking strongly linked to age-related blindness. In it, WNFL-AM Green Bay reports that:

When Kern and Harbach wrote "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" nearly 80 years ago, they were playing bards, not doctors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNFL-AM Green Bay.

just candid

AOL

#1 May 21, 2011
Damage begins at a much younger age. What do you think your red sore eyes are telling you after being in a smokey room?
just candid

AOL

#2 May 21, 2011
Ask any ophthamolgist or regular MD and they will all tell you smoking is bad for your eyes.

Since: Dec 11

Powell, TN

#3 Dec 28, 2011
Smoking definitely exacerbates macular degeneration.
Hugh Jass

Seattle, WA

#4 Dec 28, 2011
So, smokers are macularly degenerate too, eh?
Dr Phil

Clarksville, MD

#5 Dec 28, 2011
Hugh Jass wrote:
So, smokers are macularly degenerate too, eh?
No, but anti-smoking causes the rapid development of preposterous posteriors upon those affected by that form of neurosis.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 30, 2012
lucky I only passive smoke, wait, is that worse?
Dave Edmiston MD

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2012
As an ophthalmologist and expert on the prevention of macular degeneration, I am able to say from the published medical studies that smoking, active or passive, is a significant cause of age-related macular degeneration.
http://wwwPreventMacularDegeneration.org
Hugh Jass Jr

Wichita, KS

#9 Jul 18, 2012
Dave Edmiston MD wrote:
As an ophthalmologist and expert on the prevention of macular degeneration, I am able to say from the published medical studies that smoking, active or passive, is a significant cause of age-related macular degeneration.
http://wwwPreventMacularDegeneration.org
Your link is just as phoney as you are!!!
In the article AND the study above - EVERYTHING is JUST GUESSING - NO LINK TO SMOKING OR SHS - just another sensational story for the Anti's to parade around - proably about 75% of the garbage on smoking - and 99.9% of garbage on SHS,- is JUST THAT - GARBAGE!!!!
But if you JUST REPEAT GARBAGE enough times - Most people - especially those who would NEVER bother checking for themselves - just begin to accept it AS FACT!
That is EXACTLY what has been happening for the past 50 years!!!
Sheeple -- It's an Accurate term!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ophthalmology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Historical Research on Weird Eye Disease Nov '17 Cheesetorian 1
Ozurdex implant (Feb '10) Nov '17 Andrea 7
Narrow Angle Glaucoma/Iritodomy (Jul '17) Jul '17 dannekagirl 1
Blurry spot in one eye after close work (Jul '17) Jul '17 LizBee 1
What's the best way to find a good ophthalmolog... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Alex 1
Blinking light while napping (Feb '17) Feb '17 Parrots23 1
problem of adaptation to new glasses after 2 weeks (Oct '16) Oct '16 Louis 1
More from around the web