How do you know when your child is ready to stay home alone?

Full story: TwinCities.com

Daniel Hauser, flanked by his parents, Anthony and Colleen, is interview by a television reporter outside of the Brown County Courthouse in New Ulm,Minn., on Thursday May 7, 2009.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Iceman

Mountain View, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

When this is all said and does the parents should lose their parental rights to this child considering they would rather see this child die then get the treatment he needs. These parents are worthless losers who have no right having children.

Since: May 09

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

The parents of this child prove that religion in the best of intentions, can lead to the worst decisions.
Get a clue

Cottage Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Thank gosh. These stupid parents can believe whatever voo doo they want. But they cannot make their son follow it when it will kill him. I will pray that it is not too late for this boy.
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

I have known many people who have had chemo - it is not painless nor the side effects pretty. Sadly, none of them have survived even when being told their chances were good. I hope that the 95% chance of survival is for real. Alternative treatment does not make money for the drug companies or the doctors. Let's hope this does not enter into the picture.
Old White Guy

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Withholding medical care for this kid would be tantamount to murder. But then again, more people have been killed in the name of some kind of religion than for any other reason.

Since: Jun 08

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Iceman wrote:
When this is all said and does the parents should lose their parental rights to this child considering they would rather see this child die then get the treatment he needs. These parents are worthless losers who have no right having children.
But it is okay for parents to insist that their daughter kills her unborn baby. And it is not okay for them to treat their child with alternative treatments for cancer.

Saying this, I wish they would change their decision and have their son get the Chemo treatments. They do make you sick, but they can also give you a long life at his age.

I am a survivor of Chemo (8 treatments) and a survivor of non-hodgkins lymphoma.

Since: Jun 08

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Old White Guy wrote:
But then again, more people have been killed in the name of some kind of religion than for any other reason.
Any proof for you opinion? What religious reason was World War I, II, Korean, Vietnam, Spanish American, Revolutionary War, Civil War, Mexican War, etc.
Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

I don't understand why the Judge is sticking his nose in this kids business. The last time I checked it was a free country and his decision to do chemo is e a private matter between him and his family. This decision is all about padding the coffers of the drug companies. The so called "miracle drugs" out there don't cure anything but only treat symptoms and propaganda is passed only to give people the illusion that it is actually doing something.

The biggest drawback to a conventional treatment like chemotherapy is it destroys healthy cells throughout your body right along with cancer cells. A typical and deadly side effect of chemo is the destruction of the rapidly multiplying and dividing cells found in your:

• Bone marrow, which produces blood
• Digestive system
• Reproductive system
• Hair follicles

In this most recent study, The National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death (NCEPOD) found that more than four in 10 patients who received chemotherapy toward the end of life experienced potentially fatal effects! And after reviewing data from over 600 cancer patients who died within 30 days of receiving treatment, it was found that chemotherapy hastened or caused death in 27 percent of cases.

“The majority of the cancer patients in this country die because of chemotherapy, which does not cure breast, colon or lung cancer. This has been documented for over a decade and nevertheless doctors still utilize chemotherapy to fight these tumors,” said Dr. Allen Levin, MD, author of The Healing of Cancer.

Despite its reputation as the gold-standard cancer treatment, chemotherapy has an average 5-year survival success rate of just over 2 percent for all cancers, according to a study published in the journal Clinical Oncology in December 2004.
Cream Puff

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
Any proof for you opinion? What religious reason was World War I, II, Korean, Vietnam, Spanish American, Revolutionary War, Civil War, Mexican War, etc.
Look around the middle east and check back through history. There is a little religious conflict. Don't discount it over the fights over natural resources.
Cream Puff

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps those of the Jewish faith feel differently?
Name here

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

This kid should be taken from his parents. They seem like crazy cultists with no regard for their sons life. They appear to have withheld education from him and brainwashed him.
SunShine

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

WHAT CLAP TRAP FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE!

The Right Wing Religious screaming "Take the kid away from his parents!" even though his Faith is telling him not to be treated.

The Left Wing Liberals screaming "Take the kid away from his parents!" even though this is about as base of a Pro Choice Issue as one could EVER hope to see.

So though all the hype and a Richard Cranium judge, the kid will be forced to endure poison injected into him, and should he die anyway, he will die a person of broken faith, mistrust for all around him, and know truly the arrogant obnoxious human condition he was born into.

Most of you would be kinder to your dog.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I went to this dance on another thread when I took apart your list one by one and then produced a list that started at the Crusades and included all the European Wars of the 15th and 16th century and finished with a some current event wars in Africa that are religiously driven. The Revolutionary War was for religious freedom (umm, read the first amendment) WWII had strong religious overtones, Hitler and the persecution of mainly the Jews, but also the Catholics.

Of course there have been wars such as the War of 1812 that had nothing to do with religion, but overall through world history, religion or god has been responsible for more deaths than any other single reason.
Save Us

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Why don't allah or god just come down or up to
earth so we won't have to kill each other over
my or your religion is best?
OlafGN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Fascist judge.

Let families be; leave them alone.

Since: Jul 08

Brooklyn Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Cream Puff wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps those of the Jewish faith feel differently?
Good point!
mary

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Fan wrote:
I don't understand why the Judge is sticking his nose in this kids business. The last time I checked it was a free country and his decision to do chemo is e a private matter between him and his family. This decision is all about padding the coffers of the drug companies. The so called "miracle drugs" out there don't cure anything but only treat symptoms and propaganda is passed only to give people the illusion that it is actually doing something.
The biggest drawback to a conventional treatment like chemotherapy is it destroys healthy cells throughout your body right along with cancer cells. A typical and deadly side effect of chemo is the destruction of the rapidly multiplying and dividing cells found in your:
• Bone marrow, which produces blood
• Digestive system
• Reproductive system
• Hair follicles
In this most recent study, The National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death (NCEPOD) found that more than four in 10 patients who received chemotherapy toward the end of life experienced potentially fatal effects! And after reviewing data from over 600 cancer patients who died within 30 days of receiving treatment, it was found that chemotherapy hastened or caused death in 27 percent of cases.
“The majority of the cancer patients in this country die because of chemotherapy, which does not cure breast, colon or lung cancer. This has been documented for over a decade and nevertheless doctors still utilize chemotherapy to fight these tumors,” said Dr. Allen Levin, MD, author of The Healing of Cancer.
Despite its reputation as the gold-standard cancer treatment, chemotherapy has an average 5-year survival success rate of just over 2 percent for all cancers, according to a study published in the journal Clinical Oncology in December 2004.
great post.I have had 8 chemo treatments over 3 yrs. My drs. left that decision up to me.
CSI

Kenbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

I am a cancer survivor and I have seen both sides of the arguement. I have also been a home health nurse and know that you can not force any treatment or medicine on a person. Even if it saves their life. Forcing this child would increase his fear. Allowing him to be in a more peaceful environment may change his mind. If he is forced to take the chemotherapy and he dies, then the parents have a right to relief in the courts. This is not a left wing or right wing issue, this is a patients rights issue.
p t bull

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I went to this dance on another thread when I took apart your list one by one and then produced a list that started at the Crusades and included all the European Wars of the 15th and 16th century and finished with a some current event wars in Africa that are religiously driven. The Revolutionary War was for religious freedom (umm, read the first amendment) WWII had strong religious overtones, Hitler and the persecution of mainly the Jews, but also the Catholics...

Guess you win every time if you can declare the winner in your own contests, but you were proven wrong due to the genocide of hitler, stalin, pol pot, and the japanese. Maybe you should have your manager distract the ref while you try and see if you can pin him this time...
p t bull

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

When the state can force medical treatments on people against their will, we have lost one of our most essential freedoms. I believe I disagree both with the christian right and the feel-good lefties on this one. I believe a person is the master of their body and can choose to kill it if they so desire.

The left knows all about this freedom when it involves killing a fetus, but once abortion is not the issue, they lose all concern for state control over the body.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••