Robot-assisted hysterectomies booming...

Robot-assisted hysterectomies booming, but better?

There are 2 comments on the News Journal story from Feb 19, 2013, titled Robot-assisted hysterectomies booming, but better?. In it, News Journal reports that:

Surgical robots are increasingly used for hysterectomies in the United States, even though surgeons using another method can give patients the same results at much lower cost, a new study shows.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Journal.

Anonymous

Bulacan, Philippines

#1 Feb 20, 2013
It will depend on the patient. If the patient has money then why not go for a robot assisted hysterectomy but if there are no funds then the cheaper one can be the option.
Sarai B

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Nov 22, 2013
Yes, it is true that robotic hysterectomy is becoming popular but there are factors that may affect the outcome of a robotic hysterectomy, such as the patient's medical history. However, all surgeries have side-effects and robotic surgery is no exemption to that. It is always important for a patient to consult a doctor and discuss the benefits and risks of robotic surgery. This will help the patient to know if robotic surgery is the best treatment option. There are articles that I bumped into at http://www.davincilawsuit.us/ that may be of great help to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oncology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Drug Shows Potential for Blood Cancer Jun 16 Johnwillton 2
News $20M cancer center opens today in Clifton Park Jun '15 Dennis S 1
News Researchers hail new cancer treatment that unlo... Jun '15 Hypothetical 1
News CTCA Oncologist Discusses Cancer Risks Among Mi... May '15 Ms Louisiana 1
News Risk of a calamity if North haze not tackled ur... Apr '15 norman 1
News To Your Good Health: Mental health doctors impo... Apr '15 HumanSpirit 2
News To battle cancer, choose oncologist with care (May '08) Apr '15 VoteJoe 31
More from around the web