primary squamous cell carcinoma in th...

primary squamous cell carcinoma in thryroid gland with lung metastasis

Posted in the Oncology Forum

teresa herlestam

Sweden

#1 Jan 24, 2012
I have a young patient, 38 years old, who got a diagnostic of primary squamous cell carcinoma in thyroid gland, left lobe. The tumor gromed initially towards the trachea and esofagus, operation aiming to excision was not radical. we treated him adjuvant with 68 Gy to the tumor aera + margings with concomitant cisplatin 50 mg per week. The treatment finished sep 2011. the follow uo this month has shown a local relapse and a sollitary lung metastasi in the left lung. Operation of the local relapse is not factible, it would mean tracheostomi, laryngectomi and resection of the proximal esofagus. We have suggested agressive treatment with Cispaltin/ Docetaxel/5-Fluoracedil, 2 treatment and then a new evaluation with PET-CT. Meanwhile we are analysing EGRF and BRAF.
If respons, a new discussion about local excesion metastasis i the lung or stereotactic radiotherapy will be discuss.
Any other suggestions? How would you have treat him?
Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oncology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Palliative care viewed as a stigma, despite imp... Apr 23 HAPPY TOWN HOLIDAY 2
News Pro-vaccine shill Dr. David Gorski, linked to c... Apr 18 friend 1
News Study identifies genetic differences in kidney ... Mar '16 Happy 12
News Double mastectomy rate tripled in 10 years Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 1
Medicine - Holland-Frei Cancer Medicine 6th edi... (Dec '08) Mar '16 Mahmoud Galal 4
News ProStrakan in $70m deal for constipation treatment Mar '16 Healthyme15 1
News Depression common after serious illness or medi... (Jul '15) Feb '16 Shine000 7
More from around the web