Questions Swirl Around Avastin

Jun 3, 2009 Full story: Forbes

Could a best-selling cancer drug sometimes help tumors grow faster? Cancer researchers are beginning to ask why Roche 's very expensive and very lucrative drug Avastin is not providing bigger survival gains for cancer patients.

Full Story

Since: Dec 05

Union, NJ

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Direct anti-tumor and anti-vascular effects were studied of Tykerb, Nexavar and Avastin in fresh biopsy specimens of breast cancer and presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Breast Cancer Symposium on September 5, 2008.

Angiogenesis studies are limited by the clinical relevance of laboratory model systems. They don't do "real world" studies under "real world" conditions. Patient outcomes need to be reported in real-time, so patients and cancer physicians can learn immediately if and how patients are benefiting from new drug therapies.

Cell culture detection of microvascular cell death in clinical specimens of human neoplasms and peripheral blood can identify the activity of both single drugs and combinations of drugs at the level of individual patients with individual cancers. It works by measuring drug effects (real-time) upon endothelial cells which make up blood vessels.

Conclusions of the study had shown that Tykerb has antivascular activity superior to that of Nexavar. Avastin + Tykerb may be the first clinically-exploitable antivascular drug combination. High dose, intermittent 'bolus' schedules of Tykerb to coincide with Avastin administration may be clinically advantageous, even in HER2-negative tumors.

The system utilized for the study was a functional profiling assay, which may be used to individualize antivascular therapy. It can be adapted for simple, inexpensive and sensitive/specific detection of tissue and circulating microvascular cells in a variety of neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions, for drug development, and individualized cancer treatment.
Jesus
#2 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oncology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knee pain leads to bone cancer diagnosis (May '14) Feb 24 Website Operator 9
To battle cancer, choose oncologist with care (May '08) Feb 24 fateeva_aliska 29
Should I be concerned? Feb 2 Happyone 1
High vitamin D levels increase survival of pati... Jan '15 Gerald Vonberger 1
Skipping Surgery May Work for Some Rectal Cance... Jan '15 Gerald Vonberger 1
Cancer Groups Urge More Regulation of E-Cigarettes Jan '15 Taajsgpm 2
Residents urged to make lifestyle changes to re... Jan '15 impossible to escape 1
More from around the web