Doctors only recommending breast-canc...

Doctors only recommending breast-cancer treatments patients can afford: Survey

There are 2 comments on the Ottawa Citizen story from Dec 19, 2010, titled Doctors only recommending breast-cancer treatments patients can afford: Survey. In it, Ottawa Citizen reports that:

The Canadian Breast Cancer Network surveyed more than 400 women with a breast cancer diagnosis and found that 80 per cent said they had experienced a financial blow of some kind due to their cancer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ottawa Citizen.

Gail Perry

Winnsboro, SC

#1 Dec 19, 2010
I prefer my doctor's approach. He made the best recommendations he could. His practice has an office that helps patients find funding. They gave me a big discount. They were a tremendous help with the cost. Since I don't have health insurance, it made all the difference. They probably saved my life with their pro-active approach to the cost of it all.

They didn't decide for me what I should and should not hear about based on what they thought I could find a way to pay for.

Maybe women PREFER to mortgage their home over ... dying prematurely.

Who writes this nonsense???
Darnell

Europe

#3 Sep 23, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oncology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young African Americans, Hispanics fare worse w... Jan 30 Carl 1
News Go-slow approach can work for some prostate-can... (May '08) Jan 30 Britt 19
News Study shows inferior outcomes for African-Ameri... Jan 28 KIP 15
Tungsten piece left in the body Dec '15 pak 1
News Memo Warns of Link Between Cell Phones and Cancer Dec '15 Suezanne 2
News $20M cancer center opens today in Clifton Park (Jun '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 2
News Alarming Facts About African American Women and... Oct '15 niddy 6
More from around the web