tykerb 250 mg
Praveen Kumar

#1 Jun 22, 2012
My mother is suffering from Her2 breast cancer, She gone through all the Chemo, Surgery and Radiation treatments. Now, the Doctor is suggesting to take tykerb 250 mg medicine(1250 MG dose) each day. Please respond if anybody knows about this treatment and its results. Thanks inadvance.

R Rajesh

Tumkur, India

#2 Aug 2, 2012
Hello Praveen,

My mother in law was also treated for HER2 Breast CA. She went through four cycles of Chemotherpy, followed by surgery and then another four cycles of chemotherapy. On a routine check up before her radiation treatment, Doctors suggested her to take Lepatinib (Tykerb 250 mg * 5 a day) in combination with Capacitabine (Xeloda 4 nos a day). They said, this is because of some skin nodules in and around the removed area. We have started the treatment with Xeloda, but yet to put her on Tykerb. Just thought of sharing this with you.

In case, if you have started your mom's treatment using Tykerb, your advise on that would be useful for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oncology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alarming Facts About African American Women and... Oct 5 niddy 7
Myofibroblastic Sarcoma Sep 16 cristina_andreeav 1
News Depression common after serious illness or medi... Aug '15 Jaimie 6
News Wilmot Cancer Institute welcomes two physicians Aug '15 Dr Lewek 2
News Genomic fingerprint may predict aggressive pros... Jul '15 Spotted Girl 1
News New Drug Shows Potential for Blood Cancer Jun '15 Johnwillton 2
News $20M cancer center opens today in Clifton Park Jun '15 Dennis S 1
More from around the web