Mounting evidence shows red wine anti...

Mounting evidence shows red wine antioxidant kills cancer

There are 46 comments on the www.sciencecodex.com story from Apr 14, 2008, titled Mounting evidence shows red wine antioxidant kills cancer. In it, www.sciencecodex.com reports that:

Rochester researchers showed for the first time that a natural antioxidant found in grape skins and red wine can help destroy pancreatic cancer cells by reaching to the cell's core energy source, or mitochondria, and crippling its function.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sciencecodex.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Find Your Happiness”

Since: Apr 08

Mt Rainier- Cascade Mountains

#42 Apr 15, 2008
Armo wrote:
This works ONLY if it's from CALIFORNIA , stay away form that forign stuff, anything else will not be benificial to you.
Grape seeds also work.
(From a California grape grower.)
Now, now Armo, we have some incredible wine here in Washington State! The Yakima valley has been producing some fabulous wines for many years now. I enjoy a Merlot or Sangiovese with Tillamook (Oregon) cheese.

“Find Your Happiness”

Since: Apr 08

Mt Rainier- Cascade Mountains

#43 Apr 15, 2008
Armo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats because of the histamines found in red wine,
Armo, I forgot to ask, didn't the French have to import California vines some years ago because of a plague in their vineyards?

“RAKI !”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#44 Apr 15, 2008
Otra Tequila wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now Armo, we have some incredible wine here in Washington State! The Yakima valley has been producing some fabulous wines for many years now. I enjoy a Merlot or Sangiovese with Tillamook (Oregon) cheese.
Okay, fine, but we NEED your cash dollars, not them. And besides, we have a longer growing season than they do, so our grapes sugar up more, more intense flavor. Have you tried our raisins?

“RAKI !”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#45 Apr 15, 2008
Otra Tequila wrote:
<quoted text>
Armo, I forgot to ask, didn't the French have to import California vines some years ago because of a plague in their vineyards?
I don't doubt that one bit, we do much more research on new varities, you can't believe how many different strains of grapevines there are.

“RAKI !”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#46 Apr 15, 2008
Here's something that our government and the big wineries don't want you to know.
American appelation wine is allowed 25% American grown grapes and still called American appelation, the rest 75% wine can be any other country.
And THAT'S FREE TRADE !!??
Amy

Los Angeles, CA

#48 Feb 1, 2012
As to the doctrine of Alcoholic Anonymous, the local one where I live changed that criteria for alcoholism to SEVERAL drinks daily from one drink daily, after hearing from a person who was not a drunk in the slightest but said that he drank a glass of red wine or white wine everyday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oncology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Newly-developed epigenetic test can be used to ... Sat Stephany McDowell 1
News Breast cancer patients could be spared chemothe... Sat Stephany McDowell 1
News Biden Hosting Cancer Summit to Try to Accelerat... Jun '16 Unsolicited Advice 2
News Biden hosting cancer summit to try to accelerat... Jun '16 Le Jimbo 1
News Racially biased cancer doctors spend less time ... Jun '16 Summer Friend 6
Thoughts on new CMS rules for billing on ambula... Jun '16 Novice 1
News Long-term outcomes in radically treated synchro... Jun '16 why use BIG words 1
More from around the web