se 4 esophageal cancer

Posted in the Oncology Forum

Linda Beck

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Jun 3, 2013
I can't find any support groups for this type of cancer...or any other that meet more than once a quarter. In a town this size you would think there would be something where people with this horrible disease could go and discuss their fears, concerns, symptoms and anything else related to their cancers. Caregivers as well need something that they can attend in order to keep their health and sanity. If we were alchoholics there would be no problem, there's one on every corner (not to put down alchoholics). Cancer patients are for the most part alone with their fears and the caregivers (if they're lucky enough to have one) can't answer questions as they don't know the feelings. We have no insurance, I'm sure we're not alone. Cancer devistates you financially and makes it so you can't live a decent life.
There REALLY needs to be support groups to address these issues. We are at our wits end!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oncology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To battle cancer, choose oncologist with care (May '08) Jan 16 Wellington 26
High vitamin D levels increase survival of pati... Jan 13 Gerald Vonberger 1
Skipping Surgery May Work for Some Rectal Cance... Jan 12 Gerald Vonberger 1
Cancer Groups Urge More Regulation of E-Cigarettes Jan 11 Taajsgpm 2
Residents urged to make lifestyle changes to re... Jan 11 impossible to escape 1
Gene flaws common in blacks with breast cancer (Jun '13) Jan 9 Jason 3
Can problems with liver be misdiagnosed for can... Jan 6 Inna15 1
More from around the web