Andy

Salem, IL

#89 Feb 2, 2010
I bet that nearly every woman in this discussion ranting against male gynecologists is probably an old church bag with a dried-up messed-up snatch nobody would want anyway. Seriously, y'all got f*ckin' yeast infections and hemorrhoids and other sh*t. Hell, your Gyne, regardless of gender, probably spends most of his or her time clearing cobwebs out of there just to be able to see what kind of crazy sh*t is smellin' so bad up there. The fuck makes you think anybody is particularly clamoring to get a look at that? God d*mn.
Jones

United States

#90 Feb 18, 2010
I get pissed off by this. Male gynecologist feeling every inch of your woman's breasts, sticking his fingers as deep as possible into her vagina to feel the back, and then taking a nice long thorough look inside.

Then he smiles and says, put your clothes back on and clean yourself up. Next.

Eff that... friggin male gyne...
observer

United States

#91 Feb 19, 2010
when I was a teenager, many of my friends would joke about wanting to become a gyno and say "yeh, that's a job I can really get into. " Ladies that's the way mens brains are hardwired, don't be fooled
observer

United States

#92 Feb 20, 2010
Jones, I agree. Don't forget about the nice bright light shinning right on their vu1va and their sex toy to crank them as wide open as possible. But its not just male gyns who are perverted male g.p.s can be that way too. My wife went for a regular well being exam with a male gp knowing that there would be no need for any intmate exams because she had just gone to her female obgyn the prior month. Well this creep wanted to give her a breast and rectal exam and asked several times if she needed a pap smear even after she told him she had one the prior month. Which insurance would never pay for two in the same year if beingdone as a well being check, which he would know. I guess he would have thrown that in as a freebie. Thanks doc, but no thanks. Needless to say she didn't let him do any of those exams. My wife left never to return. She will never ever go to a male doctor again and we are teaching our daughter the same thing. Male gps need to police their fellow male gps otherwise they will lose all the female patients just like what is happenig to male gyno's. Perv docs just go ppay sombody for your fetish, don't use your patients. It could keep you out of jail where I don't think you would do very well,
Jones

United States

#93 Feb 20, 2010
annoyed9 wrote:
I am 29 year old female and have had the same Gyno for at least 10 years. This being said my doctor is a male. I am a respected woman for the court house and have only had one partner my whole life, him now being my husband! So for anyone to sit here and say that to have a male doctor examine you must have no self respect has issues of there own. I'm all in for the woman's rights and being a woman advocate but you people are bringing it to the next level. It's like religion no one can judge another based on there religion and i guarantee in every form of bible it says that in some form. Every person male or female needs to be examined at least once a year to make sure they are in good health. cervical cancer requires an examination same with colon cancer. these are two serious problems that GYNO's are looking for. It's not "fun" for "sexual" for the doctor it only becomes that way when you the patient believe it has. you're torturing yourself with these thoughts and implements. if you feel so uncomfortable with this procedure bring someone with you. but woman get off your high horse and realize you're all sounding idiotic and immoral. you're making yourselves sound like men before we even had any kind of right. you want to be so "good" then start acting like we're one in all. otherwise go back to your home and cook and clean like a good wife. because you clearly dont deserve to be in this world!
A male doctor with his fingers in your vagina is still a man with his fingers in your vagina, and if you're attractive, he will be aroused. This is the highlight of many days as a male gyn.
saltydog

United States

#94 Feb 21, 2010
Obsever, that male doctor is either an idiot or a perv maybe both. Most woman choose female gyns these days because they don't want a male touching them in that way, I even know that. He should know that and probably does. Why would he think that a woman would let a run of the mill male g.p. Thouch them the same way a highly trained female obgyn would? We'll probably see him on the evening news doing the perp walk. Let me guess he was probably an older doctor. Those are the ones I've seen on the evening news in handcuffs and she was probably at least 20 years younger
Not with my lady you dont

AOL

#95 Feb 24, 2010
Hello all.
I have so much to say on this topic I don't even know where to start! First, I'm no stranger to Topix. I post on another thread and had no idea that this topic even existed nor this thread!
There are many of the 94 posts that I found I wanted to respond, but that would probably take weeks.
I want to mention here that I'm a mature (over 50) MAN that believes down to the core of my soul that it's improper (at best!) for a woman to subject herself to this type of exam. I honestly don't know who I would hold more accountable, the woman who subjects herself, or the Dr. who does the exam. Why do women do this? I think it's because of all they hype they hear about cancer, hpv, aids, std's, honestly. What better way to get a woman in to the office than to scare the hell out of her with all this crap? The medical community would love for you to believe that these wonderful (sarcasm) invasive, uncomfortable (physically and emotionally) exams are going to keep you healthy! Guess what? They won't. They can only detect something that has ALREADY gone wrong. Something you ALREADY have. But if you consider the marketing strategy of this type of 'health care', if they don't/can't get you into the office their pocketbook takes a serious hit! My opinion is that if you want to stay healthy, do the things that will promote good health! Make sense?

Keep your alcoholic intake to a minimum.....it hardens the liver. DON'T SMOKE!! It WILL kill you. If you're a woman don't douche frequently...it changes the pH of the inside of the vagina and washes away bacteria fighters. For pete sake, be monogamous. And both ladies and the guys have good hygiene. I think if you do these things you shouldn't need a gyn. By the way, I didn't mean to preach (above), but I just think it's important enough to mention, and was done so in good faith.
Oh, I also want to mention that I've seen some internet sites (and it wouldn't surprise me if there was literature that could be found in a gyn office) that makes the claim that once a girl/woman becomes sexually active she has a higher risk of cancer! Give me a break! I'm not trying to be disgusting here but male semen inside a female vagina is the basic foundation of human AND animal life. There is nothing more normal, period. So for the medical types to try to promote this notion is in my opinion, ridiculous.

AOL

#96 Feb 24, 2010
(continued from above)

For the gals that won't go to a gyn, I ask you two questions: First, where have you been all my life? Second, do you have a special guy...husband, or boyfriend whom you are in a relationship with? Do you trust him? If yes to both, why not both of you do some internet reading on gyn exams? Anybody ever hear of ebay? Guess what some sellers have to offer there......speculums. Big ones, little ones, medium ones, stainless steel, plastic, and various manufacturers. I understand that a lab probably would not accept a cell sample from you (THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE, heads up women's rights groups), but your guy could at least do the rest of the exam. I understand he's not as 'practiced' as a gyn, but he will get the experience and get use to what he sees and in short order will be able to notice any changes in color, texture, abnormalities like little white dots when there was none 3 months ago. And that's another advantage! He can check you as often as you'd like, at home, in your own bed! He knows you, he loves you, he's going to be careful and gentle no matter what! And you will completely relax knowing there will be no evil thoughts of you, no sneering smiles or smart ass, lewd, unnecessary comments.

Now you guys, LISTEN UP, and now I guess I am preaching.....You should do this for your lady no questions asked. Why? Because she has asked you to, because she probably should have this type of monitoring, because you don't want another person ESPECIALLY a male (with OR without an erection) doing this to her, because she will be completely comfortable with YOU doing it FOR her (not TO her as with a gyn), because you love her, and because it might be the ultimate honor any woman can give can give her man.

Some men would give their eye teeth for a relationship like this. And I am one.

AOL

#97 Feb 24, 2010
ok, I don't know how this got posted backwards, but the previous post was the second half....here is the first part..........

Hello all.
I have so much to say on this topic I don't even know where to start! First, I'm no stranger to Topix. I post on another thread and had no idea that this topic even existed nor this thread!

There are many of the 94 posts that I found I wanted to respond, but that would probably take weeks.

I want to mention here that I'm a mature (over 50) MAN that believes down to the core of my soul that it's improper (at best!) for a woman to subject herself to this type of exam. I honestly don't know who I would hold more accountable, the woman who subjects herself, or the Dr. who does the exam. Why do women do this? I think it's because of all they hype they hear about cancer, hpv, aids, std's, honestly. What better way to get a woman in to the office than to scare the hell out of her with all this crap? The medical community would love for you to believe that these wonderful (sarcasm) invasive, uncomfortable (physically and emotionally) exams are going to keep you healthy! Guess what? They won't. They can only detect something that has ALREADY gone wrong. Something you ALREADY have. But if you consider the marketing strategy of this type of 'health care', if they don't/can't get you into the office their pocketbook takes a serious hit! My opinion is that if you want to stay healthy, do the things that will promote good health! Make sense?

Keep your alcoholic intake to a minimum.....it hardens the liver. DON'T SMOKE!! It WILL kill you. If you're a woman don't douche frequently...it changes the pH of the inside of the vagina and washes away bacteria fighters. For pete sake, be monogamous. And both ladies and the guys have good hygiene. I think if you do these things you shouldn't need a gyn. By the way, I didn't mean to preach (above), but I just think it's important enough to mention, and was done so in good faith.

Oh, I also want to mention that I've seen some internet sites (and it wouldn't surprise me if there was literature that could be found in a gyn office) that makes the claim that once a girl/woman becomes sexually active she has a higher risk of cancer! Give me a break! I'm not trying to be disgusting here but male semen inside a female vagina is the basic foundation of human AND animal life. There is nothing more normal, period. So for the medical types to try to promote this notion is in my opinion, ridiculous.

AOL

#98 Feb 24, 2010
ok, now I'm really confused! I guess it posted correctly after all. Please ignore my post #97. Thanks, sorry for the confusion!
observer

United States

#99 Feb 25, 2010
Mr. Not with my ladie you don't, I couldn't agree with you more. You said it perfectly. I'm also a mature man, approaching fifty, so like you I have some wordly experiance to draw from. One thing which I respectfully disagree with you, is that once woman start having sex they could catch the hpv virus which can cause cancer of the cervic. So a pap smear is a good thing, given by a woman gyn. The rest of the exam is for the birds. You can tell it was originally designed by men. It looks like kinky forplay starting with the breast (mamogram should due) exam and oh let's not forget fondling (squeezing the nipples). Bimanual, two fingers in her vagina, retraginal, one or two fingers in the anus. all kinky forplay. Whew. But, if woman feel the need for these exams, see a woman gyn. As far as the excusse, she might be a lesbian, see a married woman, not hard to find one, just ask your friends for a referal, that's what my wife did when she became pregnant and needed more then a female nurse practioner. Also, regarding woman gyn who might be lesbian. There not men, as we all know womans brains are wired differently then us, so I don't by that reason either. I might have to borrow your name because I feel the same way. I typed this fast did not proof read, it may ramble a little bit as a result. One last thing. No, I'm not the least bit insecure. I just luv my wife and my other female family members and I don't want anybody using them for their own jollies.
wvmaurice81

Moorefield, WV

#100 Feb 25, 2010
for the last couple posts from the older gentlemen thank you very much, i completely agree with both of you, even both sides of your disagreement, i would be fine with it either way as long as it is not another man doing these exams. i thought of along time ago how these exams relate to foreplay. it's mazing how touching every sexually stimulating part of a woman is considered ok because they say it pertains to their health, i think those people should run for political office with all the lies they tell
Male Doctor

Satellite Provider

#101 Feb 25, 2010
observer wrote:
Mr. Not with my ladie you don't, I couldn't agree with you more. You said it perfectly. I'm also a mature man, approaching fifty, so like you I have some wordly experiance to draw from. One thing which I respectfully disagree with you, is that once woman start having sex they could catch the hpv virus which can cause cancer of the cervic. So a pap smear is a good thing, given by a woman gyn. The rest of the exam is for the birds. You can tell it was originally designed by men. It looks like kinky forplay starting with the breast (mamogram should due) exam and oh let's not forget fondling (squeezing the nipples). Bimanual, two fingers in her vagina, retraginal, one or two fingers in the anus. all kinky forplay. Whew. But, if woman feel the need for these exams, see a woman gyn. As far as the excusse, she might be a lesbian, see a married woman, not hard to find one, just ask your friends for a referal, that's what my wife did when she became pregnant and needed more then a female nurse practioner. Also, regarding woman gyn who might be lesbian. There not men, as we all know womans brains are wired differently then us, so I don't by that reason either. I might have to borrow your name because I feel the same way. I typed this fast did not proof read, it may ramble a little bit as a result. One last thing. No, I'm not the least bit insecure. I just luv my wife and my other female family members and I don't want anybody using them for their own jollies.
I almost agree with you that aside from the pap test the rest of the exam is "for the birds" except that it is by repetition of the pelvic exam that one becomes proficient and knows normal vs abnormal. If you never do it, how would you know the difference? True, ninety nine times out of a hundred, the bi-manual exam in a routine exam is "normal" and therefore could be construed as unnecessary to the woman's well being. Having said that, I agree that if the exam is to be done, it is better performed by a female, in my honest opinion. Many women however, for whatever reason, prefer to be taken care of by a man.

Interestingly, many physicians do not perform routine prostate exams on men nowadays as evidence of its benefit is not well established. I am not aware of similar research with regards to routine pelvic exams for women.
observer

United States

#102 Feb 25, 2010
I find it interesting that the woman who prefer a male gyno usually say its because they are more gentle. They don't say the woman are hurting them or rough with them (and they should not be) but are more gentle. My point, I've had intimate exams( testcles, prostate, because of symptons, routine do not start until 50) by male doctor and my exams have not hurt me nor have they been rough, they are not "gentle ". Either, they are neutral. I wouldn't like to gental, it would feel weird, like a sexual touch. In fact my wife has always said I'm very gentle during sex. So it almost sounds to me that gentle by a male gyn is a sexual touch. Just an observation.
observer

United States

#103 Feb 25, 2010
I have to add, if my wife came to me and said she was going to a male gyn because he was more "gentle" I would be really weirded out and upset by what she really ment. She would really have to explain that one to me and I don't think there is anything which could be said to me which I would buy. I'm just glad that we think the same on this subject
wvmaurice81

Moorefield, WV

#104 Feb 25, 2010
yeah my wife said the more gentle thing to me once and then asked if i would really rather her be touched by a woman, lol and i said of course. it should make women be more cautious though, if it is more gentle when the man does it. not to sound shallow but honestly for straight men the driving force for things we do is women. after all why did adam eat the fruit? right. and as a man i will be the first to admit, we are all perverts in our own way. so a little work for an education to get a degree to get paid alot of money(greed) and touch women in their private areas(satisfaction) is like a 2 for one deal. and if someone thinks i am sounding immature or ridiculous about it i'm a man there's still some immature adolescence in all of us. just us who are significant others are being protectful because we know what the other guy is thinking. professional(doctor) or not.
wvmaurice81

Moorefield, WV

#105 Feb 25, 2010
if a woman feels better about going to a male gyn, then that is her decision, but if you have a boyfriend or husband out there i think you should be a little considerate of there feelings. because honestly it kind of hurts to know that there is another man touching you and we can't do anything about it.even if we don't always show it we do have feelings. wow that was a little doctor phil but i just felt i should put that out there just so, the women know the reason this forum exists and i'm sure there are others out there

AOL

#106 Feb 25, 2010
observer wrote:
Observer, thanks for the "said it perfectly" compliment! It was interesting and confusing that you said you couldn't agree with me more, the promptly disagreed on the pap, lol. But that's ok, because your dissent caused me to do a little research and find out that you are correct. btw, I know that in my first post I mentioned 'over 50' which was true, but I didn't say HOW MUCH over 50.(I've got a dozen on ya, but shhhh, don't tell the ladies, deal?). Hey, no cane for me, still ride a 12 speed bike in good weather, sometimes almost 10 miles a day. Anyway, going back to the subject, now I have to respectfully disagree with you on the female gyn as they may only be slightly more comfortable than their counterparts. If you have the time you might want to take a look at post #19 of this thread we are on. It's from "Lily", a 27 year old who doesn't trust EITHER sex and has never had an exam!
She says in part: "I'm barely comfortable enough to get half naked in front of my spouse, let alone some stranger with cold metal instruments". Now you know what....in my opinion her husband is a very lucky guy. I need a clone of her in a 54 year old model. I still think the best option considering the sensitivity of the exam, is that the husband, partner, boyfriend do it. Just like men (usually fairly young men) are trained in med school, what's wrong with a college course designed specifically for the correct way to do this? This would better insure that the younger ones, like high school ages are not getting the course, but 18 and up can if they want to. Then they are better prepared to take care of their wife, especially in the case of many of the earlier women posters on this thread who are saying that they flat out refuse to go! I'm not suggesting that he would be practicing medicine. He certainly wouldn't be hanging out a shingle, just checking her when she wanted it done. I know I'm forgetting something that I wanted to mention, but getting tired, so I think I'm going to move along for now. You had a good post by the way. Thanks for getting me to think!

(continued below)

AOL

#107 Feb 25, 2010
(continued from above)

Understand that when I wrote posts 95/96 it was following the reading of many of these women who were obviously upset. Since I don't blame them a bit, and agree with them, the more I read the more I was getting upset, and I think that came out in those posts.
I just had a thought....I don't know if I can ask you this but I'm just wondering if your wife had a choice of male, female, or YOU (yeah, I know you're male, but it's different) what would she choose? Do you know? Would you ask her and come back and post again? While it's something of a personal question, nobody knows anybody here, so it's pretty anonymous. Of course from what you posted it would seem that she has a female Dr. I don't know, it just seems to me that a woman would be/should be completely comfortable with her husband/b.f./partner that either the male or female gyn.
I don't know if you read many of the earlier posts, but I feel badly for these gals. If you're interested here is a link to some stories of abuse, in my opinion. It's pretty sad that so-called professionals would do this to anyone.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Womens-Health/Fe...

AOL

#108 Feb 25, 2010
wvmaurice81 wrote:
for the last couple posts from the older gentlemen thank you very much, i completely agree with both of you, even both sides of your disagreement, i would be fine with it either way as long as it is not another man doing these exams. i thought of along time ago how these exams relate to foreplay. it's mazing how touching every sexually stimulating part of a woman is considered ok because they say it pertains to their health, i think those people should run for political office with all the lies they tell
wvmaurice81, and I agree with your post also, with the exception that I still think it should be her husband/boyfriend/etc doing it for her an home where they are in familiar surroundings and due to the nature of their relationship (hopefully a loving one) she's 101% relaxed.

Yes, it does seem to relate directly to foreplay, with the exception that the gyn MAY not be trying to arouse her. Then again if it's a male.....all bets are off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obstetrics and Gynecology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pelvic exam guidelines confuse women (Jul '14) 16 min jxp7280 60
why i cannot feel anything inside my vagina whi... (Jun '07) 18 hr becka 1,230
News The real importance of getting a pap smear and ... Sat CHRIS 21
Doctors & Gynecologists get sexually aroused du... (Feb '13) Fri Kateri 178
Does anyone really believe male docs get off ex... (Nov '12) Apr 30 pailrider 163
Gyno at ER should I trust going? Apr 29 Kateri 77
News Doctors group waging war with Anthem (Nov '07) Apr 26 Ryry 177
More from around the web