Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Peter wrote:
If females doctors in whatever practice, looking at females isn't gay, then what makes a male looking at a females parts immoral or wrong. Is it because you consider males and females taking part in one touching the others sexual organs a situation that is normal in the bedroom, and therefore shouldn't be taken into medicinal practices. That sounds like your bashing people who are gay to be fair.
I agree that the majority of gynecologists who abuse their power in a sexual way probably are males and that this should be stopped. However i also agree that not all male gynecologists take their job just to abuse it, but genuinely to help. There are doctors in other fields of medicine who will have at some point examined a woman in a situation that would be deemed inappropriate if not for the nature of the examination. A lot of the times this helps improve peoples lives health wise, and sometimes even saves them.
My girlfriend was examined by a female gynecologist once, she stated that she was incredibly rough and actually caused her to bleed at some point.
I also wonder from some of the above comments if feminism is being drawn into the equation. It seems like some are automatically hitting out merely from the fact that they think a female would be better at the job. This could well be correct,but none have provided suitable reason, concrete evidence to support the case.
I think people shouldn't be blinded by this and actually examine the situation without bias,with facts and figures, and from there a more helpful answer and solution will come.
In case some lash out at my above statement stating that i must be a sexist against feminism, i disagree. I am a staunch supporter of equality among males and females, but only equality.
Well, based on your grounds, then why do not allow men to go to the ladies changes room, and viceversa. Afterall among the ladies some of them are lesbian, so if the latter are allowed why not to allow men?

A doctor can control himself, well a lawyer can control himself too, and what about an accountant? So what is the point of covering ourselves in front of people of the other sex.

A Policeman is there to keep us safe not to abuse us. So why is he not allowed to search a woman and a policewoman is called instead?

Medical doctors are granted power and privileges much beyond all other professions.

This has nothing to do with sexism, it has to do with equal human rights for everybody. None is superior to anyone. A degree in Medicine does not make you sexually and morally above to a person with a Degree in Engineering.

Cross-gender examinations should be allowed only in emergency cases, when same gender is not available.

All the rest is a mere abuse.

As simple as that.
CHRIS

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Peter wrote:
This comment is purely intended for Doctors_are_men_too
I think your name contradicts what you wrote. I agreed with parts of it, that a partner should have the right to deem if its a male/female doctor that examines them. But this isn't from 'this is an incredibly intimate act' point of view. But from paranoia that all couples have at some point or other. I would like to ask you what apart, and forgive my crudeness here, of the act where two peoples bodies entwine in intimacy and leads to the production of our wonderful children, is similar to being clinically examined?
Ladies, if you want to see if your gynecologist is getting off to examining you, the answer is much more simpler than you think. Is his crotch are showing a bulge? if so slap him, kick his testicles, and then report him. A man who is sexually aroused will without a doubt be showing activity down there!!
I myself have been examined by both a female and male doctor. The female who was looking for a hernia, and i most certainly did not stand to attention. Why? because she wasn't as you put it 'just walking vaginas' to me. She was the woman in charge of ensuring my healthy wellbeing! I can also walk down the street without going 'cor blimey id love to fuck her!' How many other guys on here can do the same? I'm pretty sure a lot of them can.
Your comment has offended me, despite the fact that i support females in striking out against sexism. Why? because by the very means of your comment you have promoted sexism in itself with your slandering of the general male population. Equality is the goal, and your not helping it one bit, your making it worse.
I also want to look at ways to actually combat sexism, lets start with the men who do think women are walking vaginas or at least act up and say they do, where does this come from. I think the roots of it are in our childhood, in our time when were out of our parents influence and in school at the teenage age. Its from the boys who are afraid of being called gay(no offense intended to any gays) or insulted for not having a girlfriend. Theyre afraid, but not because of what the other boys think of them, but because of what the girls think of them. Its the female point of view that makes them strive to prove this wrong, its the need to impress them and not look like a loser in front of them. So you want to stop them from thinking like that, stop them from being judged like that.
This is an age old instinct within mankind, the need to impress the other sex, it occurs across all species on this planet.
So ladies, if you want to be politically correct and not be called sexist, you have to let a male gyn examin you intimately, says the male gyn. How coveniant,Playing the p/c card
LMAO. Give me a break ! How many of you woman are falling for that. Hey Pete, are you Peter Lafuria? The famouse gyno currently facing chargese for sexually assaulting his patients. Maybe those poor woman were trying to not be sexist, where did that get them? You can call the woman who choose a female gyn sexist all you want, freedom of speech. Just like they have the freedom to choose whom ever they want. Boo-boo. Get a real job.
CHRIS

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Peter wrote:
This comment is purely intended for Doctors_are_men_too
I think your name contradicts what you wrote. I agreed with parts of it, that a partner should have the right to deem if its a male/female doctor that examines them. But this isn't from 'this is an incredibly intimate act' point of view. But from paranoia that all couples have at some point or other. I would like to ask you what apart, and forgive my crudeness here, of the act where two peoples bodies entwine in intimacy and leads to the production of our wonderful children, is similar to being clinically examined?
Ladies, if you want to see if your gynecologist is getting off to examining you, the answer is much more simpler than you think. Is his crotch are showing a bulge? if so slap him, kick his testicles, and then report him. A man who is sexually aroused will without a doubt be showing activity down there!!
I myself have been examined by both a female and male doctor. The female who was looking for a hernia, and i most certainly did not stand to attention. Why? because she wasn't as you put it 'just walking vaginas' to me. She was the woman in charge of ensuring my healthy wellbeing! I can also walk down the street without going 'cor blimey id love to fuck her!' How many other guys on here can do the same? I'm pretty sure a lot of them can.
Your comment has offended me, despite the fact that i support females in striking out against sexism. Why? because by the very means of your comment you have promoted sexism in itself with your slandering of the general male population. Equality is the goal, and your not helping it one bit, your making it worse.
I also want to look at ways to actually combat sexism, lets start with the men who do think women are walking vaginas or at least act up and say they do, where does this come from. I think the roots of it are in our childhood, in our time when were out of our parents influence and in school at the teenage age. Its from the boys who are afraid of being called gay(no offense intended to any gays) or insulted for not having a girlfriend. Theyre afraid, but not because of what the other boys think of them, but because of what the girls think of them. Its the female point of view that makes them strive to prove this wrong, its the need to impress them and not look like a loser in front of them. So you want to stop them from thinking like that, stop them from being judged like that.
This is an age old instinct within mankind, the need to impress the other sex, it occurs across all species on this planet.
Hey Pete, are you a victim? LMAO.
Not With My Lady You Dont

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Bootz65 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I am reading into your 2 posts is that you have no idea of what it is like to be a woman exposed to a strange man in a Dr coat - when you realise, question his motives.
I was abused by a doctor back in the 80's when I went in for a pregnancy test and he asked me to undress completely to do a breast and internal exam...fully nude with no female nurse attending.
He then said he couldnt tell anything from that type of exam and i should leave a urine sample and call in for the results.
This he knew when I walked in - yet he put me through the embarassing and intrusive procedure
I was a prude - my first boyfriend and pregnanacy, naive about men, sexuality and reproduction - from a sheltered Christian upbrining....so this was very traumatic
I am now in my 40s and still feel that I, a strong, intelligent and independent woman, was had!
I have still only been with 4 men, very against promiscuity and liberal sex.
The fact that this physician duped me into this sexual abuse haunts me to this day.
The ONLY virtue is that I am convicted to now see no male Dr, and my grown daughters dont either...why take the chance?
In this day and age of female Dr, seriously - why take the chance
Plus - by the time the Dr jacket starts to bulge - its too late!
Plus - the biological bulge is even more excusable than purposeful deceipt and entrappment of unnecessary procedures
There are so many convicted and reported cases of male medical abuse - it isnt even a debateable question
If a woman sees a man she is taking a risk pure and simple
For me the lesbian issue - is a non-issue. She and I are wired the same so it isnt as intrusive. For me there can be nothing sexual between same sex. If she is a lesbian - I dont care. If she is rough, id rather deal with physical pain then mental torture that endures for years. I would verbalise to her she was being too rough and stop her immediately.
I believe that most men dont get it....we are not prepared to offer up our vaginas for the sake of political correctness - so dont even step to me with the whole feminist bashing issue or lets be fair to men who want to help women. It's my firm conviction that no man should provide gynecological services.
I have to take exception with 1 thing you said Debz/Bootz:

"Plus - by the time the Dr jacket starts to bulge - its too late!

I suggest it's too late when one foot is lifted off the table to go into one of those "THINGS".

Everything else was right on the mark imo. Nice job explaining.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Bootz65 wrote:
<quoted text>. Yes me and Stephen777 are currently working on designing a navigation website on gyno issues - I will post the address when complete...I also intend to consult Patient Modesty on it - in order not to duplicate. My motive is to signpost women to these various other sites and resources: blogs, opatient modesty tips, stirrups etc...because for me it took weeks of google search to piece together the resources - there's a lot of good stuff out there that needs flagging up. The site will be user friendly and for all audiences including a partners/husbands section, Christian section, pre teens, pregnancy, menapause, etc basically an informed well women resorce which is honest about the male gyno threat and choice and plus minus of procedures...mostly navigational necause most topics covered adequately - but need signposting via web links. My sister, a US and UK midwife, will assist, and my brother - who implements hospiital databases in European and US hospitals n trusts
This is great news, not only for women, but also for men that care about them, their safety, well being, and dignity.

I hope the site will not have restrictions based on gender. We're all on the same team here with the same interests/goals.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Doctors_are_Men_too wrote:
and... how can you get more intimate than ordering a woman to open her legs under spot-light, then open up her vagina with a speculum and pear right up inside her???!!!
Without question, there is nothing in modern medicine that is more intimate than a pelvic examination.

Those that disagree either have no knowledge of the exam, are in complete denial, or are a gyno PIG.
CHRIS

Millbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Not With My Lady You Dont wrote:
<quoted text>
Without question, there is nothing in modern medicine that is more intimate than a pelvic examination.
Those that disagree either have no knowledge of the exam, are in complete denial, or are a gyno PIG.
"Nothing in modern medicine that is more intimate then a pelvic exam." Damn straight on that !! Way, way over the top for an exam that gives No/ low yield ! WAY OVER THE TOP !! They got away with it for a long time because I only woman really knew. Now with the Internet anybody can find out. Give it a break male docs, you've been BUSTED. A little late, but better then never.
Peter

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

no, as i stated its not always, But it is the normality!Not only being a man do i know this! but i have checked and backed it up on this link so you can read yourself.
http://www.whitelotuseast.com/MaleSexuality.h...

Chris, grow up
Peter

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Ok, define in what way you found it intimate, what meaning of the word are you referring to.
Peter

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Your logic is flawed, as a man in a changing room has nothing to do with medical grounds.
Peter

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

An answer to u- I agree. The point im trying to make is to those that ar eout to completely and utterly ban cross gender examination, not to those that think it should be more controlled.
SCUB

Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Doctors_are_Men_too wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter... the answer is simple...
MEN ARE DIFFERENT FROM WOMEN! MEN GET TURNED ON VISUALLY, WOMEN GET AROUSED EMOTIONALLY.
HOW MANY TIMES TO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!
MEN ARE NOT SUITABLE TO BE GYNECOLOGISTS DUE TO THESE EVOLUTIONARY FACTS!
Ok, ignoring the gyno part for the moment. I am a woman and I am offended by you generalising about my sex, telling me how I 'get turned on' and by what. My turn-ons are private to me, but let me tell you this you are way off with your 'emotional arousal' palava. Sexuality is as diverse as people are diverse, some people are even a-sexual. Are you saying that even asexual men can't be doctors because of some 'evolutionary fact'.

You know what I am scared by with doctors? The clinical aspect. The feeling of not being human to them. Being roughly treated, having no empathy from a fair few doctors, even one who was supposedly treating me for a mental health problem. I very often feel to be not seen as person. I have had an intimate exam that did unsettle me, with a female nurse, and her actions (non-sexual) have still unsettled me enough to fear going back for similar exams with ANY DOCTOR.

I think we should not make the distinction between female and male health officials (although people should continue to have the choice of sex, after all it is about being comfortable when you are understandably in some measure of distress), and concentrate more on distinguishing the bad practitioners from the good.

Doctors should treat their patients as human beings with boundaries that must be maintained and emotions that must be allowed for.

Additionally, as a doctor, surely you must be aware that gender/sex is a much broader spectrum than just male cis and female cis?

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

CHRIS wrote:
<quoted text> "Nothing in modern medicine that is more intimate then a pelvic exam." Damn straight on that !! Way, way over the top for an exam that gives No/ low yield ! WAY OVER THE TOP !! They got away with it for a long time because I only woman really knew. Now with the Internet anybody can find out. Give it a break male docs, you've been BUSTED. A little late, but better then never.
Oh yeah....I was only commenting on the visual/mechanical aspects. Don't even get me started on the no/low yield, or the brutality of pushing down on the pelvis in order to FORCE the uterus lower so that this PIG can get a feel of it, or the lie about being able to 'palpate' ovaries. And all with what.....a 3 inch finger. It's an outrage and an insulting assault on the female gender.
Peter

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

John- I agree!!!! I stated i understand the marriage part, it is understandable. What i'm getting at is again, that cross-examintation isnt something that should be completely and utterly banned based on grounds that all male doctors are out to abuse the women! Not all are, they are a minority.

A for the same sex part, youd have to go back quite a while to see that conversation.

Hmmm, any more to reply to
Peter

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Yes, to Neil, Alick? Have you paid any attention to what i wrote, your ignorance astounds me. I DO NOT THINK IT IS GAY EINSTEIN!!! I do not think a cross gender examination is sexual in ANY WAY.
Neil

Millbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Peter wrote:
Yes, to Neil, Alick? Have you paid any attention to what i wrote, your ignorance astounds me. I DO NOT THINK IT IS GAY EINSTEIN!!! I do not think a cross gender examination is sexual in ANY WAY.
It's hard to know what your talking about slick, your all over the place. John didn't understand what you were talking about either with all your talk about gays. So there you have it, p-$$y doc. Ignorant, we make fun in others what we are most insecure about in ourselves, ha p-$$y doc. Be a real man and get a real job.
Answer to Peter

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Peter wrote:
Your logic is flawed, as a man in a changing room has nothing to do with medical grounds.
I am a doctor too....behaving asexually, does not mean being asexual. One thing is what you are, another thing is how u conduct yourself.

You may not express your thoughts,desires, emotions or attractions towards a patient, but that does not mean you do not have them.

The idea that Gynos do not have fantasies or attractions towards patients is a legend
Answer to Peter

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Peter wrote:
LEARN ENGLISH IGNORANT: SEXUAL MEANS: Of, relating to, involving, or characteristic of sex, sexuality, the sexes, or the sex organs and their functions.

THE EXAMINATION OF THE FEMALE SEX IS SEXUAL BY DEFINITION.
ENLIGHTENED HUSBAND

Norwich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Peter wrote:
...I do not think a cross gender examination is sexual in ANY WAY.
Oh really Peter???

Well hold onto your seat whilst I explain what happens to your Wife, in detail!!!

FIRSTLY - A 'VISUAL EXAMINATION' OF YOUR WIFE'S BREASTS...

Whilst your wife is sitting up, the male doctor will look for visible changes in her breasts:

1) lumps that can be seen with the naked eye;

2) dimpling, which is a change in the appearance of the skin;

3) nipple retraction, which a turning or folding in of a normally visible nipple.

The male doctor will then asks your wife to raise her arms, then he will look closely for signs that the skin is not moving over a particular area.

The male doctor will then instruct your wife to place her hands on her hips...

Then press her palms hard against her own hips (this flexes the pectoralis major muscle, causing breast tissue that is supposed to move when the muscle contracts to do so, while breast tissue that should remain in place will do so).

Basically... your wife is asked to stick her fully exposed breats out as far as possible.

No wonder the male doctor regularly insists on these examinations!

PALPITATING YOUR WIFE'S EXPOSED BREASTS (IN SITTING POSITION)...

Whilst the woman is still sitting up, she is told to raise one arm and the corresponding breast as well as under the armpit is felt for lumps, nodules or other abnormalities. Then the process is repeated on the other arm and breast.

The male doctor will use his middle part of the fingers (between the first and third knuckle joints) to perform the breast palpitation. He will use a circular motion to feel each part of the breast.

If the woman's breasts are large, the doctor may use both hands.

PALPITATING YOUR WIFE'S EXPOSED BREASTS (IN RECLINED POSITION)...

The patient then either partially or fully lies on her back, the doctor then uses the palpitation method described above to continue the examination.

This position allows the examiner to more effectively feel any lumps or masses that may be present.

'STRIPPING' MILK DUCTS...

Next the male doctor will squeeze your wife's nipples (one at a time) to determine if there is any abnormal discharge from the milk ducts.

ENLIGHTENED HUSBAND

Norwich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

NEXT, YOUR WIFE WILL PROBABLY GET A PELVIC EXAMINATION...

After your wife has had her breasts examined, the male doctor will prepare supplies and he should explain procedure to your wife (this rarely happens in reality).

POSITIONING THE PATIENT...

Your wife will already be on the examination table from the The male doctor will raise the head of the examination table to a 45 angle, then:

1) Position hips by placing his hand at the end of exam table and ask the patient to move down to the end of table until the back of her thighs touches his hand.

2) To position the patient's knees, he will place his hands on either side of patient's knees and extend his hands outward to where knees should be.

3) Now he will ask the remale patient to relax her knees outward until they touch his hands.

BEGINNING THE EXAMINATION:

1) The male doctor should now tell the patient, "I will begin by examining your outer genital area" and inform the patient that he is about to touch her inner thigh with his hand.

2) As he maintains contact, he will move his hand downward toward the 'introitus' or vaginal opening.

3) He will now observe hair pattern and distribution, outer genitalia for masses, lesions, inflammation, swelling, and discharge.

4) He will then observe the anus for skin tags, hemorrhoids, fissures, excoriation, inflammation, and sexual trauma.

5) Now, using index and middle finger, he will start to palpate the 'labia majora' with a firm but gentle circular motion.

6) Next he will move down both 'labia' simultaneously, starting at the top (at the clitoris).

7) Next he will inspect your wife's clitoris by placing one finger on either side of the 'prepuce' or hood of the clitoris, and shift upward to lift the 'prepuce' up for a thorough visual inspection.

8) Next he will locate the cervix and examine the Bartholin's glands (two glands located slightly posterior and to the left and right of the opening of the vagina. They secrete mucus to lubricate the vagina).

9) Next he should explain procedures and purpose by stating, "I am going to insert one finger into your vagina to locate your cervix and to examine the glands."

10) Next he will open your wife's 'labia'(anatomical structures that are part of the female genitalia; they are the major externally visible portions of the vulva. In humans, there are two pairs of labia: the outer labia, or labia majora are larger and fattier, while the labia minora are folds of skin often concealed within the outer labia. The labia surround and protect the clitoris and the openings of the vagina and urethra).

11) Next he will insert his index (middle) finger, and slide it in along the posterior vaginal wall to locate your wife's cervix.

12) Next he will examine the Bartholin's glands (same descriptor as action 8, above) by rotating the internal finger and palpating just inside the vaginal opening at 5:00 o'clock for the left gland and then rotate and palpate at 7:00 for right gland.

13) Next he should conclude this portion of the examination with a reassuring statement, i.e. "Everything is normal."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,481 - 2,500 of3,574
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Obstetrics and Gynecology Forum right now

Search the Obstetrics and Gynecology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Should doctors examine the breasts of women und... 1 hr Rich 14
Pain after sex (Nov '06) 21 hr pepmintpatty 1,034
Pelvic exam guidelines confuse women 22 hr pailrider 4
How Husbands Feel About Male Gynecologists (Apr '10) 23 hr pailrider 1,849
Udall: Problems with Gardner's birth control plan Sat whiffer 3
cone shaped lump inside vagina (Dec '06) Jul 10 booty shorts 112
brown discharge (Aug '07) Jul 9 Concerned 320
•••
•••