Help

Buffalo, NY

#1857 Dec 22, 2012
Hi, I have a few questions myself. In mid November, I had unprotected sex and the guy didn't pull out. Two days later, I took the Plan B pill. I had my period roughly a week later, it was 5 days early. This month, I had sex and he pulled out, he's positive he didn't ejaculate in me. The pull out method has worked for me before. Now I am 3 days late on my period. I have no symptoms of being pregnant. Although, I have minor cramping, just like when I'm about to start my period. And im sick. Other information, I'm not on birth control. Could I be pregnant?
Susie

Los Angeles, CA

#1858 Dec 23, 2012
So I got my period Nov 10th the last day of it was Nov 13th and I had unprotected sex that night (it was my first time ever having sex), he pulled out but we went at it again that same night but he still pulled out. About 60 hrs later I took plan b, I began to bleed the next day, the bleeding continued for about 5/6 days. I was due for my period on the 8th of Dec but I didn't get my period, so I took a pregnancy test at my college health office on the 14 of Dec, it came out negative, but not its Dec 23 and still no period I'm 14 days late and very scared because pregnancy test are not alway accurate and idk why my period isn't here yet. Btw I got tested for sti's and I dont want nor need a lecture, im in my 20's I know what I should have did,im human, I just need advice
Susie

Los Angeles, CA

#1859 Dec 27, 2012
I know tgis post is old and I no one responded, but I wanted to update my situation for anyone else tgis may help. Over the last few days I was having bad nausea, the only way I could sleep was if I made myself throw up, I thought for sure I was pregnant, BC I read that you get nausea 6-8 Weeks of pregnancy (the time I had sex, Nov 13). So yesterday I took another pregnancy test at planned parenthood and it came back negative. Finally today I got my period, I think I was stressing too much I even imagined my belly was growing lol, very scary experience, definitely will usw a condom next time. Btw my period came 2 1/2 weeka late so don't freak out if ur more than a week late, if tge pt says negative ur probably fine. Glad im not pregnant, wasn't ready for a child and was leaning towards abortion. Btw uf you are pregnant and want to terminate it, don't listen to ppl who says bad things about your choices, your a woman make the decision that is best for you :) thanks to everyone who wrote on this post it helped me out through my waiting process
Jay

Sidney, Canada

#1860 Dec 27, 2012
So I'm confused with my situation. I had unprotected sex five weeks ago and had some spotting ( or what I thought was spotting) a week later. That was 15 days after my last period finished.
At this point I have still yet to get my next full on period. I've been tracking my period for a long time and if the spotting was my period then I should get my period in a day or two. The concerning part is that I have yet to get it obviously. But the confusing part is that I've taken 2 pregnancy tests recently with a few days in between and they were both negative. I too am searching for answers and any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Nathan

Arlington, TN

#1861 Dec 28, 2012
Hey guys, I went through the same thing a few weeks ago so let me ease your minds if I can.

It's not common to get pregnant after taking plan B. I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend right around the time of ovulation (might have been a two days before it tops) and she took Plan B 15 hours after. She started spotting about 4 or 5 days later, then nothing for another week.

I WAS FREAKING OUT EVERY DAY!! People kept saying the spotting could be implantation bleeding and yaddah yaddah yaddah.

I was terrified because I kept looking at this stuff on the internet and there are so many horror stories about "Well I took Plan B and still got pregnant". Then she started getting period symptoms like bloating and acne, but foolish me, looked it up and people said they could be pregnancy symptoms. It literally kept me up at night. Every yahoo answer gives the absolute worst case answer like "well you're pregnant for sure, shouldn't be having sex so it serves you right". The more I read the more I got scared, not to mention the more I felt guilty since everyone makes it seem like you're an idiot and a bad person for being sexually active.

However, she ended up getting her period about two days early (she expected it on the 26th and got it on the 24th) and I had to take a shot of Gin to celebrate!:p

So if you took Plan B, relax. It is 95% effective within the first 24 hours, you will be fine. You also have to remember that the 5% it didn't work for could have had unprotected sex prior to the incident that prompted them to use Plan B. Some in the studies could lie about taking it on time out of embarrassment. Some might have thrown it up and thought it still worked.

Also, your chance of getting pregnant from unprotected sex at the time when a woman is most fertile is 30%. That means, there is a 70% chance that she won't get pregnant from a solitary sex act WHEN SHE IS AT HER MOST FERTILE POINT. So even if Plan B fails (which is extremely extremely EXTREMELY unlikely), the odds are in your favor that you won't get pregnant. Oh, and if she isn't in her fertile period, the chance of getting pregnant from one sex act drops to about 3%.

So I'd suggest (after reading this of course), after you take Plan B, relax! Don't look up anything because all it will do is scare you, which could delay your period. And in the future, make sure to use a condom or birth control, and before he cums make sure he checks to see if the condom has torn!

Good Luck guys, you'll be fine!
Nathan

Arlington, TN

#1862 Dec 28, 2012
Oh, and just so everyone know, if he didn't ejaculate inside of you, and none of his cum gets inside of you, you aren't pregnant. My Professors and my doctors have told me that. Precum does NOT have sperm in it (unless he masturbates and some semen is still in his urethra).
So all of you guys are fine too :)
Susie

Los Angeles, CA

#1863 Dec 29, 2012
Jay if u took the plan b and a pregnancy test you're probably not pregnant, I was almost three Weeks late for my period the package said you should not be more than a week late or early but I read a lot of stories where many woman were more than a week late some even skipped a period, this probably all depends on wgere i. Ur cycle you take the pill and how ur body personally reacts to it. Best advice try to relax stress can delay your period. if you dont get ur period in about another week take another pregnancy test like I did to ease ur mind. Im going to start regular birth control tomorrow yoy should get some as well just to be safe. Im not even in a relationship but after that pregnancy scare I dont wanna take any chances and make another mistake and have to depends in emergency contraceptives. Good luck and update me and let me know what happened
Rae

United States

#1864 Dec 30, 2012
Now..I am 64 days late! JEEPERS!!!
lindsaystar

Toledo, OH

#1866 Jan 1, 2013
I had sex the fith day of my cycle my period started july 23rd 2012 i had the sex july 27 2012 condom slipped off I pacnicked and was in shock I have a typical monthly cycle I took plan b within the first hour I was in hysterics it worked I took a pregnancy test a week n a half on n it came out negative about 2 weeks later on the 8th of augest I had sex with someone else though and I'm wondering if it made me more fertile because I got pregnant from tht incident on the 23rd of augest all my pregnancy tests came up with a very light positive sign lady at the clinic said it meant I was about two weeks and I got ultrasounds tht day and a couple days later and a Sac didn't pop up so they scheduled me for september n finally saw my sac (you can see them around 18 to 23 days after conception) and I went to the place with the very best ultrasound equipment a week or two later and they said I had concieved the 10th of augest. Plan b worked for me and if youre gonna take it take it take it within the first couple hrs of intercourse and be very careful a wek or two following I read online it can make you more fertile afterwards
lindsaystar

Toledo, OH

#1867 Jan 1, 2013
I had sex the fith day of my cycle my period started july 23rd 2012 i had the sex july 27 2012 condom slipped off I pacnicked and was in shock I have a typical monthly cycle I took plan b within the first hour I was in hysterics it worked I took a pregnancy test a week n a half later n it came out negative about 2 weeks later on the 8th of augest I had sex with someone else though and I'm wondering if it made me more fertile because I got pregnant from tht incident on the 23rd of augest all my pregnancy tests came up with a very light positive sign lady at the clinic said it meant I was about two weeks and I got ultrasounds tht day and a couple days later and a Sac didn't pop up so they scheduled me for september n finally saw my sac (you can see them around 18 to 23 days after conception) and I went to the place with the very best ultrasound equipment a week or two later and they said according to the equipment I had concieved the 10th of augest. Plan b worked for me and if youre gonna take it take it take it within the first couple hrs of intercourse and be very careful a week or two following I read online it can make you more fertile afterwards
Rae

Saint Paul, MN

#1868 Jan 3, 2013
SO, I finally got my period 68 days later!!!
dey

United States

#1869 Jan 3, 2013
Me and my bf had sex on 12/10/12 the condom popped within 3days i took plan b my period always come on when the month is ending still no sign of my period my so scared only in high school i don't know what to to please any advises!!!????
Anonymous

Huntington, NY

#1870 Jan 6, 2013
I took plan b the day after my period and my period came 10 days late... dont stress if you did everything right
ally

Irwin, PA

#1871 Jan 7, 2013
I had unprotected sex Dec 2nd and it was the day after my period ended. I took next choice one dose about 12 hours after we had sex. I was supposed to get my period on Dec 25th but I haven't yet. Its 14 days late now. I've taken about six pregnancy tests since and all have been negative. I have one left. I very lightly spotted for a day or two. Not enough to convince me that I'm not pregnant. I dont think I'm pregnant, and that maybe my period is late because of stress. Could next choice one dose make me skip my period? I keep getting cramping like its about to start but it never does. I have my first ever gynecologist appointment January 17th. If I tell her do you think she would tell my parents? I'm only 19 and I can't have a baby right now. Please help.
Charlie

Richmond, Canada

#1872 Jan 12, 2013
I ended up having quite a night on New Years (1st) and ended up with my ex, no protection. On the 3rd about 3:00 am I took the plan B. I was due for my period on the 7th....it's now a week late and I don't know what to think. I have sore breasts too. Could this be PMS or Pregnancy?
Daisy

United States

#1873 Jan 12, 2013
My period came November 25. As my usual period it was 2-3 days with heavy flow, my periods are usually irregular. Any way I had sex December 4 and our condom ripped. Myko boyfriend did came in me we both freaked out. 23 hours later I took plan b pill. My friend told me about the symptoms I would be getting.. 8 days later on the 12I got my "period" it lasted 3 days it started out light then started getting really heavy then light towards the end. It is now going to be one month since I haven't gotten my period? Can I be pregnant? Please reply. I am desperate to listen to someone's experience with the plan b pill
praying

United States

#1874 Jan 15, 2013
I had sex with a condom but I was drunk and i don't know what happened in between, like if he touched me with cum or what not. So about eight hours later I took the morning after pill to be safe. I got a bleed about a week after and i had to wear tampons, was that my normal period or just side affects from the pill? It was about a week or two early from my normal period though. My real period should be here now but it isnt here yet. I think I feel cramps but I could just ve imagining things! Do yall think I'm pregnant?

And could someone post their experiences with morning after pill and when your periods came?

Thanks
worried

Kingston, Jamaica

#1875 Jan 19, 2013
My boyfriend n i had unprotected sex twice in one week n i took contraceptive pill both times. The last two pills was 8hrs before the 72hrs was up. Now I'm feeling cramps. Is it possible that i'm pregnant?
Please help.
ally

Irwin, PA

#1876 Jan 21, 2013
I just got my period! 7 weeks after I took next choice (generic plan b). I experienced one to two days of very light almost no bleeding about two or three weeks after taking the pill. Cramps almost daily. Nausea. My period was about 4 weeks late. So don't worry. I know easier said then done. Stress will delay your period. The pill can make your period early, late or skip a month. I took Severn tests since I took the pill and all were negative. So don't stress too much, the pill is very effective. Side effects can appear to be pregnancy symptoms. Any questions im here for you. I'll try to check this more often
worried

Kingston, Jamaica

#1877 Jan 23, 2013
Ally can you give me some advice please?

If i took plan b pills 8hrs before the 72hrs was up,is there a possibility i might be pregnant?

My nipples are very tender,i have cramps n back aches.

Plz help. Please I'm very worried.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obstetrics and Gynecology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I take my daughter with me to the gynecologist 2 hr pailrider 3
Male Gynecologist (May '08) 17 hr maryjaneprincton 3,660
What is a urologist? What do urologists do? 21 hr pailrider 2
Question for the wackadoodles who hate male gyn... 21 hr pailrider 6
Pain after sex (Nov '06) Thu lolly 1,053
Yellow Discharge (Aug '07) Thu Maggie 550
Preeclampsia During Mother's Pregnancy Associat... Wed Parasite epidemic 3
why i cannot feel anything inside my vagina whi... (Jun '07) Dec 12 Sebastian Pinheiro 1,215
More from around the web