plan b, late/missed period
Em B

La Mirada, CA

#61 Oct 31, 2008
I've been looking all over the internet for info on this, a similar situation to mine, but have yet to find any.. I took Plan B a couple weeks ago, don't remember when exactly. I have 30 day cycles.. one week after I took Plan B, I had some irregular bleeding (spotting) for a day or 2. That was just 1 week after my "real" period finished. I heard that was normal after EC, so I thought nothing of it. However, my "real" period is supposed to begin again in about 5 days, but I just started spotting again yesterday, and it stopped today as far as I can tell so far. Has ANYONE heard of spotting twice in one month due to Plan B?
jaie

Bolton, UK

#62 Nov 1, 2008
hey i need help my last period was on the 1st oct me n my man have sex during my period and he was cuming in me he also cumed in me a dy after my period ended,,i haven bn feeling funny,my breast r sore im tired n my sppetites funi its now nov1st and i still ahvent got y period,,cud i b pregnant or isit the stress from thinkin i am?? plzzzzzzz ryt bk
Dude

Stillwater, MN

#63 Nov 1, 2008
My gf and I had unprotected sex and she took plan B 28 hours later. One week later when her period was due it didn't come. She is now 4 days late and I'm really worried! But from what I'm hearing plan B can cause you to be late up to 2 weeks so that does make be feel a bit better. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...
troubled

New Westminster, Canada

#64 Nov 1, 2008
I didn't bleed a few days after plan B. I bled a month later when i was supposed to get my regular period. I AM on yasmin so it stops my period from coming irregularly. I just would like to know more about implantation bleeding, and when it is supposed to come. Can anyone enlighten me?
hannah

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#65 Nov 2, 2008
ok so i had sex at the end of august the day my period ended. i took plan b with in the time recomended but kinda procrastinated on it cuz i didnt have the money for it. i took it and with in a few days i was not just spoting but it was like pad and tampon heavy. i felt like i got my period again well at the end of sept i still had no period symptoms but no period so i took a test it came out neg. now its nov 3 i still have no period i have all the symptoms buut im not regular anyway but its two months and one test has said im not pregers... i guess im just wondering what to do i suppose take another test but has this happened to nayone else and they ended up getting their period even 2 months later! im so scared!
Katie

South Carver, MA

#66 Nov 3, 2008
ok so me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex i wanna say the second week in september. I got my period septemeer 28th and now i was suppose to get my period the 1st of this month and its still not here... what do i do??
Confused_as hell

East Boothbay, ME

#67 Nov 4, 2008
Me and my boyfriend had sex (multiple times) but the condom broke the last time. We got the plan b and i had my period normal time length and date. I was supposed to get my next period on the October 31st and now it's the 4th of november. Should I take a preg. test or is it the pills? I just don't know what to do. The doctor said it can affect your next period. Any past experiences? Help me please. I've been praying for it to come!
Cyn

Englewood, CO

#68 Nov 5, 2008
I took Plan B (both pills at the same time), I have missed a period completely but I have done 4 pregnancy tests (1 for each 4 weeks) and they were all negative. I'm thinking WTF?
Cyn

Englewood, CO

#69 Nov 5, 2008
I'm really scared even though the 4 hpt were negative. Help me pls!
Cyn

Englewood, CO

#70 Nov 5, 2008
hannah wrote:
ok so i had sex at the end of august the day my period ended. i took plan b with in the time recomended but kinda procrastinated on it cuz i didnt have the money for it. i took it and with in a few days i was not just spoting but it was like pad and tampon heavy. i felt like i got my period again well at the end of sept i still had no period symptoms but no period so i took a test it came out neg. now its nov 3 i still have no period i have all the symptoms buut im not regular anyway but its two months and one test has said im not pregers... i guess im just wondering what to do i suppose take another test but has this happened to nayone else and they ended up getting their period even 2 months later! im so scared!
Hannah, I'm kinda in the same boat. I had unprotected sex at the beginning of September and I still haven't gotten a period. I took the plan B, both pills, at the same time less than 24 hours after the sex. I took 4 tests so far and all are negative. I'm kinda freaked out right now.
Cyn

Englewood, CO

#71 Nov 6, 2008
Well, just took the 5th hpt this morning and STILL negative but the period is also still missing in action...
troubled

New Westminster, Canada

#72 Nov 6, 2008
Plan B totally messes up your period and sometimes women miss a month. If you are worried, you should go to your gyno or family doctor.
Anne

Sun Prairie, WI

#73 Nov 6, 2008
Jess wrote:
Alright, first I have to say, that I have goen through the ordeal from start to end:
My boyfriend and I were having sex when the condom broke. We freaked out and went to get the morning after pill within 30 minutes of the unprotected sex. I wasn't sure if it broke in me or if it broke outside, but we figured it was better to be safe than sorry.
This all happened on August 12th, the 8th day of my cycle (which means, my period had come that month on AUGUST 4TH) I normally have 30-31 day cycles, so I was pretty sure i was NOT fertile, but again, it is much better to be safe than sorry.
So I took the pill, did not have any of the immediate side effects such as nausea or vomiting. I had very light bleeding 5-6 days after swallowing the pill, and it lasted for about 4 days. I have been told that this was just intermenstrual bleeding, that it didn't mean anything, BUT, that is not correct.
Before I explain further, let me finish my story. By September 4th, I still didn't get my period, so i started getting antsy. By September 11th, It still didn't come, and i was panicking. THEN, I talked to a friend who had gone through this all and she told me that that "light bleeding" I had after I took the pill was my NEW cycle time.
I am pleased to announce, that I got my period today, just like she said I would, and almost exactly a month from that light bleeding I experienced.
So in conclusion, ladies, please do not worry if you don't get your period within a week of your expected time. Most likely, it will come a cycle from that light bleed you will get after taking the morning after pill, which usually will be close to 2 weeks LATER than the first day of your old period time.
Plan B tells you on that paper that comes with the box AND on their website that you may be pregnant if your period doesnt come within 1 week of your normal period time. IT'S MISLEADING. IT'S NOT TRUE.
I took a pregnancy test, fearing for the worst sometime around September 10th, and was relieved when it came out negative, and now, thinking back, it was completely unnecessary.
The best thing to do, and yet the hardest thing to do, is to just be PATIENT and WAIT. It's true, stressing causes your period to be late, or even worse, to miss it. I assure you, if you followed the plan B instructions to take the first pill ASAP (preferably within 24 hours) and the second pill 12 hours later, you won't be pregnant.
So now, a month wiser, and a bit crampy and bloaty, I wish all the ladies out there my best wishes, and to not worry, it's coming!!
I wrote this especially for you guys, because I came across so many frantic posts of women who were in my position, but I never found out what happened to them afterwards, so I wanted to give a note of comfort to everybody who has found themselves in this limbo.
Thanks for listening!
Thank you soooo much I am going through the exact same thing - my head tells me I'm fine (the sex was preovulatory, the bleeding was a week after taking plan b, and the two pregnancy tests I took at +20 and +26 days after the sex were negative) but I'm still extremely nervous and interpreting every little pain as a sign of early pregnancy.
jackie

Bronx, NY

#74 Nov 6, 2008
plan b must be doing that to me now because i am going to be a week late tomorrow after having unprotected sex in the beginning of my cycle (right when my period was ending) and now i still havent gotten my period and ive been stressing NON STOP for the past 6 days. no brown discharge. but a negative pregnancy test and all i want is my period.
jen

Lakeville, MN

#75 Nov 7, 2008
My boyfriend and I had an incident on sept 27th, 2008. I took plan b 5 hours after it. I had discharge 5 days later after taking plan b. Will I get my period or i'm jsut freaking out everyday and stressing . I need some advice help!!! i'm so nervous.
worried

Cameron, WI

#76 Nov 9, 2008
ok.. so this is my story and i also need some help. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend about a week before i was expecting my period. He didn't come inside me but i'm afraid i might be pregnant from the pre-come. I took the plan b pill about 5 days after it happened because neither of us knew anything about pre come until that day, which is almost too last. The following monday, the doctor had me start on birth control and that day i had sex again and took some more plan b, i haven't spotted at all and i'm really afraid i'm pregnant

...anyone?
kristen

Fort Wayne, IN

#77 Nov 9, 2008
ok so i normally have my period always round the 30 of each month. my bf and i had sex on the last day of my period but the condom broke and he cam in me. we got plan b and took it within 72 hours and followed all directions. about a week later i had some irregular bleeding and thats it. im now 14 days late of my period. Im so scared. i cannot handle having a child now. im still to way to young and in school. i took a preg test a few days ago and came out negative. and i took another today and was negative again. but i still dont know. Still no period. Does any1 know if plan B can make me miss my period or be this late??
Sarah

Savannah, GA

#78 Nov 10, 2008
Well, heres my story.

I had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago, of course took plan b the day after. My period was suppose to be here a week ago. When it was suppose to come I got the mood swings and tender brests but no cramps. I still have tender brests but I took a pregnancy test and it came out negitive. After reading all the stories, my pregnancy fears are almost completely gone I just cant help but be a little worried. I also read that you should wait to take a test at least 3 weeks after the night of the sex to get a accurate test. So I plan on taking another one in a couple days just to be on the safe side. But again these stories definately helped soothe me and I certainly a lot more calm about it. Ill be sure to let the next reader know what came of my results, hopefully Im not in that 11%. haha
Cyn

Englewood, CO

#79 Nov 10, 2008
troubled wrote:
Plan B totally messes up your period and sometimes women miss a month. If you are worried, you should go to your gyno or family doctor.
Thank you "Troubled". I feel more at ease now 'cause it seems that ALOT of women are going through the same thing so it is pretty common.
Cyn

Englewood, CO

#80 Nov 10, 2008
To "Worried",
I don't think Plan B is very effective 5 days after unprotected sex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obstetrics and Gynecology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ANOTHER FEMALE TEACHER- every single day Tue Rick 2
Vaginal growth or normal? (Apr '06) Aug 13 Anna 469
Large Lump Inside Vagina (Apr '07) Aug 11 Help please 881
Doctor accused of drugging for sex Video... (Jan '16) Aug 8 Joanne 52
Slight vaginal burning when masturbating, pleas... (May '09) Aug 2 Hai 31
News This Lesbian Gynecologist Has Answers To Your Q... Jul '17 thenose 2
Disgraced GP...caught. (Sep '16) Jul '17 Joanne 19
More from around the web