Phoenixville, PA

#1 Aug 28, 2009
I have a question..I cannot find the answer anywhere! I work as a Nuc Med Tech at a hospital in Delaware. We were just told that they want us to help out in fluoroscopy. They want us to be trained and become proficient in fluoro, so they can pull us over there if we are needed.
My question is..Do we have to be certified to do this?? A Radiologist is required to run the I am not sure if it is a problem or not.
Tibor G

Melrose Park, IL

#2 Dec 28, 2011
There is some requirements of a Nuc Med Tech to be actively present in certain medical procedures that involves real-time x-ray imaging with Fluoroscopy . However the procedure will be done by the interventional Radiologist like for example setting up an entrance port or a cath for instillation of the RRX .
When this is done , your participance is required to introduce the RRX ( as a licensed technologist)
The most commonly seen cases are Y-90 tagged microspheres for liver imaging ( to r/o hepatocellular carcinoma)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nuclear Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DMSA Scans (Apr '17) Apr '17 Mdez 1
Principle component analysis (Nov '16) Nov '16 tarq 1
Kitchen Cabinets For Sale In Bracknell Forest A... (Nov '16) Nov '16 nove01 1
King Size Solid Wood Bed Frame UK (Oct '16) Oct '16 Tobe112 1
Bacteria... (Oct '16) Oct '16 dde2 1
NM Diagnostic Solutions - Next Challenges (Jun '13) Feb '16 clinixworld 2
Solid Wood Beds For Sale London UK (Jan '16) Jan '16 sonofgod38 1