benign familial hematuria

benign familial hematuria

Posted in the Nephrology Forum

Ariel

Jerusalem, Israel

#1 Jul 20, 2012
hello, my ten year old daughter was diagnosed with benign familial hematuria, the normal blood test showed mild microcytosis (70 fl), the hematuria arises together with fever about 6-7 times a year.

as i have 4 children, i can easily say that throughout the year, it seems to me like she is more prone to normal child ilnesses such as cold and congestion then my boys were, is there any connection?

is there a treatment or supplementation that could improve her immune function or alleviate the symptoms of the disease?

thank you in advance,

Ariel
Deb

Madison, WI

#2 Nov 8, 2012
I have had this since I can remember; my mother, brother and daughter have also been diagnosed with it.

None of us are more ill than the average guy; I would hazard a guess that it is less as we are rarely ill.

My mom is 65 and has had no ill effects from this. My brother could not get into the military because he could never clear it. My daughter and I have not had any ill effects, either, just plan on explaining it every time they do a urinalysis. I am regularly asked if I am having my period when they test my urine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nephrology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nephrology Aug '17 Camess 1
Kidney size in CKD (Aug '16) Aug '16 Shadowdmc 1
News A look behind the scenes of a kidney transplant... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Jon 1
sce nephrology (Dec '15) Dec '15 tsalamony 1
Excessive urination after rhabdomyolysis (Jul '15) Jul '15 Alme2 1
News Dr. Les Spry seeking Legislature seat (Jun '15) Jun '15 question on votin... 1
Why the Campaign for Living Kidney Donation is ... (May '15) May '15 danwalter 1
More from around the web