Erections during massages is it normal?
Kelly

Branson, MO

#202 Jan 9, 2012
Sunshine wrote:
Hmmmmm...been a MT now for over a year. 95% of male clients do get erections. I am unsure whether any spontaneous ejaculations have occurred. I have had men bluntly ask me to release their tension. I have had some put my hand on their male member. I have had some offers of an extra tip for a BJ or HJ. I've seen and experienced a great deal already.
Admittedly, all of this was confusing to me at the onset of my MT career. I was unprepared for the array of experiences that awaited me. I tried different approaches to test the waters and see what I felt most comfortable with. I found it interesting that the men who I gave BJ too often returned but I did not feel comfortable with the idea of my massage biz being turned into a place where men solicited me and I agreed to service them. The hand job men rarely returned, even though I consistently heard compliments on my technique. I found that curious. I told men to play with my boobs and I stroked their balls and they gave themselves HJ. Again, not many repeats. I found that the majority of repeats are those who's erection that I ignore. I genuinely do care about my clients. Their comfort and satisfaction with me and their experience is important to me. It is somewhat of a turn on to me when a man gets hard. I assume this is a normal response by a woman who is exposed to male sexuality.
Bottom line is that erections are perfectly normal. I now pretend to ignore them but obviously it's that pink elephant in the middle of the living room. LoL I believe that any professional MT will totally understand the erection and probably get themselves off at bedtime thinking about your male member throbbing on her table. I always drape my clients. The sheets are not opaque.
I tell my clients at the end of the massage, right before I leave the room, to take their time and I'll meet them out front to take their payment. That is what I've found to work best for me and my business. I am unsure as to why the men return more without any erotic touching? But that's been my experience.
I hope this is enough detail from a woman who has seen all sides of the picture.
I've also found this to be a strange thing to figure out. After graduating from massage and bodywork school 10 years ago I was surprised at how many men would get erections. My business was pretty small (and still is) and after awhile I started offering hand jobs to guys who would pop up. I've never offered to do anything for those who remained limp. I've never given a blow job. I do take off my top and let guys handle me a bit if and only if I'm sure they'll tip really well. I've found that it works best to only offer if a man starts playing with himself or comes right out and asks. I've found that just because a guy gets hard doesn't mean he wants relief. It didn't take long for me to learn that giving a hj to a guy just cause he was hard was a bad idea. These guys always acted happy and tipped well but quite a few never returned. On the other hand, those who ask and receive almost always come back. At first I didn't dare tell my husband what I was doing but he now knows and has learned to deal with it. I make three times as much as he does and we've twice now bought a new house. I think he actually enjoys hearing about some of my work days now.
LMT

Twinsburg, OH

#203 Jan 9, 2012
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
I've also found this to be a strange thing to figure out. After graduating from massage and bodywork school 10 years ago I was surprised at how many men would get erections. My business was pretty small (and still is) and after awhile I started offering hand jobs to guys who would pop up. I've never offered to do anything for those who remained limp. I've never given a blow job. I do take off my top and let guys handle me a bit if and only if I'm sure they'll tip really well. I've found that it works best to only offer if a man starts playing with himself or comes right out and asks. I've found that just because a guy gets hard doesn't mean he wants relief. It didn't take long for me to learn that giving a hj to a guy just cause he was hard was a bad idea. These guys always acted happy and tipped well but quite a few never returned. On the other hand, those who ask and receive almost always come back. At first I didn't dare tell my husband what I was doing but he now knows and has learned to deal with it. I make three times as much as he does and we've twice now bought a new house. I think he actually enjoys hearing about some of my work days now.
Yes, prostitutes will always make more than legitimate massage professionals. But you've lost something that no amount of money can buy back.
Hillary

Garland, TX

#204 Jan 9, 2012
It's normal, it's a parasympathetic response.
It should be ignored.
The end
Hillary

Garland, TX

#205 Jan 9, 2012
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
But if client and therapist are both consenting adults, who agree to the behavior which occurs, what does it hurt, exactly?
It's illegal, sure; but so is speeding. Big deal. And I certainly don't believe the consensual actions of adults can possibly be considered immoral, as those actions have NO effect on anyone else.
As professional therapists we are bound to ethics that protect our profession. It hurts many people that have worked hard to legitimize massage therapy and I can say that it hurts my reputation. when I tell people about massage, sometimes they don't want to try it because all they know about it is the " happy ending" crap. That's not what I do, that's not what massage therapists do, that's what prostitutes do and cover it up by calling it massage therapy. Massage therapy has value and it can help a lot of people who are too scared to try it because they think they are going to be touched sexually. It's really sad. I think it should be called what it is, and what you're doing is illegal, it hurts an entire industry, and it hurts potential clients.
Brant

Lexington, SC

#206 Jan 10, 2012
Kay wrote:
I am a therapist, and have seen many erections. I allow draped or un-draped massage according to my client's preference. I ask them at the beginning of the massage which they prefer.
It happens whether draped or un-draped, but it seems to happen more with the un-draped individuals. I have seen large, bobbing erections to a point that it's just about in my face, and some that even end up oozing a bit. I consider it all very, very normal.
"Interesting" comment you made, or shall I say __________ lol

I don't know, just kind of a funny comment coming from a "professional" imo. Actually (and no disrespect), anyone can post on here and claim to be anyone, or anything. That being said, I don't nor does ANYbody on here know who or what you actually are. Now...

Speaking of a "bobbing erection" that almost in your FACE?!?!? Speaking of "oozing" a bit?!?! Come on.

2ndly, at least in the state I live in, draping is reQUIRED. Is it not there? How can you offer a client a choice, because I'd guess it's required by ALL states.
hotdude

Hollywood, FL

#207 Jan 10, 2012
Brant wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, just kind of a funny comment coming from a "professional" imo. Actually (and no disrespect), anyone can post on here and claim to be anyone, or anything. That being said, I don't nor does ANYbody on here know who or what you actually are. Now...
Speaking of a "bobbing erection" that almost in your FACE?!?!? Speaking of "oozing" a bit?!?! Come on.
2ndly, at least in the state I live in, draping is reQUIRED. Is it not there? How can you offer a client a choice, because I'd guess it's required by ALL states.
Dude, are you KIDDING ME???!!!!
We've been down this draping road SO many times now. No, it is not required in all states and many legit MTs offer the choice.
Hillary

Garland, TX

#208 Jan 12, 2012
Brant wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not required here in Texas but there is a waver that both client and therapist must sign saying that both parties are ok with no draping. In my opinion it's a professional standard and I require it in my practice.
Gee

Collegeville, PA

#209 Jan 13, 2012
I'll go and get an undrapped massage from you. I'll sign a waver saying you WILL touch me. You will enjoy my huge cock in your mouth. Don't worry, I tip well.
Hillary wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not required here in Texas but there is a waver that both client and therapist must sign saying that both parties are ok with no draping. In my opinion it's a professional standard and I require it in my practice.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#210 Jan 13, 2012
I just want to say to all the professional therapists who say their reputation is being harmed by other therapists who offer illegal services. You knew what you were getting into when you became a massage therapist, so you need to learn to deal with it. If you were that concerned about helping other people, then why not become a Dr. or Nurse. I actually think alot of PROFESSIONAL therapists get into the business because it gives them a chance to be close to nude or semi-nude bodies. I'm just saying.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#211 Jan 13, 2012
I didn't become a doctor or a nurse because I wanted to actually help people feel better.

I had NO idea that some people still equated massage THERAPY with prostitution, it came as a shock.

I find the human body fascinating, and it's ability to heal phenomenal.
Hillary

Garland, TX

#212 Jan 15, 2012
Gee wrote:
I'll go and get an undrapped massage from you. I'll sign a waver saying you WILL touch me. You will enjoy my huge cock in your mouth. Don't worry, I tip well.
<quoted text>
I require draping, not the waver. And you sound like a super wonderful person... Get help!
Hillary

Garland, TX

#213 Jan 15, 2012
Bill24 wrote:
I just want to say to all the professional therapists who say their reputation is being harmed by other therapists who offer illegal services. You knew what you were getting into when you became a massage therapist, so you need to learn to deal with it. If you were that concerned about helping other people, then why not become a Dr. or Nurse. I actually think alot of PROFESSIONAL therapists get into the business because it gives them a chance to be close to nude or semi-nude bodies. I'm just saying.
Why would I want to be a doctor or nurse?
Why do people always run to alliopathic medicine when they don't need to. I'm in to natural health options and massage is truly amazing and rich in health benefits. I was a very green young person when I became an MT and didn't "know what I was getting myself into"
Hahaha!
I don't need to " find a way to deal with it." I have a great massage practice with awesome clients that respect me and what I do. I feel like it would be great if people as a whole could elevate themselves a bit and get over the sexual/ touching stuff and actually reap the benefits of a true massage. That's it. Massage therapy is a profession full of people who are passionate and smart and dedicated. I'm proud to be apart of it and know that I help people everyday through massage, reiki , and yoga therapy. It makes me sad when people cheapen it.
MAT

Newport Pagnell, UK

#214 Jan 18, 2012
I was wearing some satin boxer shorts today,she smiled when i stripped off,she massaged my thighs and moved the shorts up my thighs as they were rather long," they are lovely to touch " she said,she massaged my thighs and came up onto my shorts massaging my thighs and cructh through the shorts,instant hard on,there was no towel over me and she was excited by what she saw,a big bulge in my boxers,she did the same for the other thigh,then slipped her hand down into my shorts and stroking my erection ,then she lowerd my boxers and gave me HR. Roll on satin boxer shorts!!1
hotdude

Palo Alto, CA

#215 Jan 18, 2012
what is HR?
Paul

Australia

#217 Jan 18, 2012
Hormone replacement
Phil

London, UK

#218 Jan 23, 2012
I don't normally get aroused during an undraped massage unless I am being 'manipulated' by a therapist who offers a happy ending but recently during legitimate massages I have started to become aroused.
I asked the therapist if she would 'oblige' but she refused saying I could do it myself, so to speak.
Gee

Collegeville, PA

#219 Feb 1, 2012
I went to this one Asian massage place and requested an undrapped massage. They agreed. This older lady took me back to the room and she left as I got undressed. I was on my stomach with my head in the pillow so I could not see the MT. She did not talk. I just felt her soft warm hands on me. I turned over and noticed it was a young Asian nice boob lady. I was on my back and she startedto massage me. My thing was growing fast. She too interest in it. She said do you want me to massage it for you? I said sure. I touched her boobs as she stroked me. I will be going back again.
what_to_do

Hollywood, FL

#220 Feb 2, 2012
I have a question for the therapists on this forum:
I went for a massage at a place that had a web sale through an online coupon site. I'm assuming the place was new and getting the word out. It was very nice and clean. They had a form to fill out and it even asked if you wanted the table warmer on, scented oil or not, etc.
This was my 2nd of 2 visits (I bought 2 for a discounted price). At the 1st they used a heated table (which was nice) and a sheet with blanket (I did not like the blanket... I felt like I was in bed!). I asked the MT for the heated table but only the sheet and she agreed. She did put on a 2nd sheet because she said they were very sheer and I needed to be draped. I started face down and she did a nice deep tissue massage. She did not undrape me more than she needed and was simply a nice massage so far.
She then asked me to flip over, which I did and then adjusted the sheet to do my upper body. I did notice that she put the sheet very low on my waist. I felt like my groin area was just barely covererd. My head was flaton the table but I did take a quick peek down to see how exposed I was. I was covered up but having the end of the sheet so far down it caused a reaction and I began to get a semi-erection. My penis was pointed toward my side and I felt it slide over and up somewhat, and of course the more I was thinking about it, the more of a reaction I got. I did not want to do anything to draw attention and tried to be still so that it would stay pointing sideways and not become erect. during this time the MT was working on my right arm (same direction my penis was pointing). She finished rubbing my arm and had and did a strech up and over my head with my arm. Well this caused my whole upper half to lift slightly and I thoght to myself that my penis is probably in full view! I still froze and did nothing thinking that she would see this and adjust the sheet. Well as the streching went on, I reacted even more and quickly got almost fully erect. I felt my penis slide from a sideways position to pointing up so at that point I kinda freaked knowing I must be poking out from the sheet. Just as this happened the MT lowered my arm and obviously saw my predicament. She immediately let go, said and I quote "I cannot finish this massage" and darted out of the room!
I just layed there for a minute or two thinking WTF! I did nothing other than get an involuntary erection and the MT freaks and walks out with 20 minuted on the clock! I pre-paid, and they even added a gratuity. I told the guy at the front desk that the therapist unexpectedly stopped the session and walked out on me and I had done nothing (although her reaction was as if I had done something inappropriate)!! I felt really bad but at the same time was pissed off. I emailed them later in the day with what I thought she should have done and they have never responded back. I guess I'm not a future client there!
So, I'm not sure I ever asked a question, but what should I have done if anything? What should she have done?

Since: Dec 11

Brooklyn, NY

#221 Feb 2, 2012
She should have ignored your erection. That is the way we were taught at school, unless you make sexual advances or request happy ending. I don't understand these people wanting to be massage therapists and not being comfortable with nudity or not knowing how to handle these situations. Probably the therapist won't last in that place but unfortunately, it is the spa reputation that harms with clients like you that probably won't comeback there again.
what_to_do

Hollywood, FL

#222 Feb 2, 2012
thanks brun71. I think she'll stay away from guys now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massage Therapy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need Private massage in Riyadh for couple Sat Hello 4
Massage/Reike Errongenous Orgasms Fri Color My World 3
BN&S Massage and Facial... Touching my breasts ... (Mar '12) Jul 31 kaos13 50
Man needs massage by man Jul 31 hotwesterner27 1
News The Vibes Tribes Gather For 20th Anniversary Year Jul 29 BPT 4
massage in riyadh saudi arabia (Oct '13) Jul 29 mirabellamassage 8
Butt Massage (Nov '07) Jul 28 raja 551
Do Women get aroused during massage? (Jan '10) Jul 28 raja 1,084
Therapeutic Massage and Ejaculation (Feb '07) Jul 28 Realistic 2,211
More from around the web