Do Women get aroused during massage?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#177 Aug 10, 2011
It is rare - either 1) with an MT the client is fantasizing about during the massage (not what MT is for)(creepy) or 2) Your mT is really a masseuse or masseur.

Since: Jun 11

San Francisco, CA

#178 Aug 10, 2011
novalis maxim wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Can't Explain -:-D What an interesting forum this is! I love it. Well, I don't know if I'd be that harsh on the guy but I "feel" ya. I do get a bit disgusted on the holier than thou approach of some massage therapists who insist they're more "professional" than others who don't get so bent out of shape if someone is honestly enjoying the pure pleasure of touch. The guy you're referring to seems to be somewhat ok with his female clients "going all guy" on him, he's just not going to give them their happy ending. He didn't seem overly prudish to me when I re-read his post, just maybe cautious.
America is such a litigious society one in his profession should be careful, but not demeaning if a client does get "turned on". Shaming another human who's naked under a bed sheet just doesn't seem appropriate. Human sexuality and/or sensuality is complex yet there is a strange paradox of simplicity the more complex it
gets. I just feel it's ridiculous and absurd to shame someone for what they feel is pleasurable. Reading some of the more harsh critics of sensual touch reminds me of the way in which certain people get pleasure from preventing others the joy of pleasure themselves! It's a form of emotional bullying and it needs to be exposed just as they feel they need to publicly shame and humiliate someone.
I guess you'd have to "feel" the other person out as it were, and allow them the space to gradually feel safe to display their arousal but not at the expense of safety and sanity. If a woman gets "wet" why make fun of it? There are women who read these posts and they are hearing the remarks of all. At the same token, why be hyperfocused on the misperception that sexuality/sensuality happens only between the legs. I say live and let live. Laissez faire. In fact be tender to a woman who may struggle inwardly about how she feels and allow her the privilege to at least feel safe and welcomed in her pleasure. This crazy ass society of ours is literally begging for loving human touch. We may be a very wealthy country but in some ways we're spiritually impoverished even though we pump out every year more and more gurus for this problem and that problem. It's bizarre how we can send the youngest of our legal voting population off to a foreign country they've never been to, put their lives on the line and possibly kill people they've never met and yet we would shame or humiliate a woman or man who experiences some sensual pleasure from being touched (quite possibly for the first time in their lives).
Let's keep this discussion going. I find it absolutely fascinating and in many ways we're peering into an aspect of ourselves and our culture that gets very little attention outside sensationalist media.
Go out there and enjoy yourself. Receive healthy, loving touch. Share what experiences you feel comfortable with sharing. You may be an encouragement in someone's life.
Your intelligent, well-spoken and make some good points Novalis, however, my opinion of Mr. high and mighty who smugly believes he knows womens hot buttons so well, and is so cavalier in ignoring them, remains unchanged.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#179 Aug 11, 2011
Cant Explain wrote:
<quoted text> Your intelligent, well-spoken and make some good points Novalis, however, my opinion of Mr. high and mighty who smugly believes he knows womens hot buttons so well, and is so cavalier in ignoring them, remains unchanged.
Cant Explain, as far as hot buttons it’s not as simple as it may seem. You should always keep your massage guests comfortable with what they are getting and respect their interests first. There is a difference between being or I should say getting physically aroused during the massage and actually wanting the therapist to intensify that sensation for you. Many women are uncomfortable with that and often it’s a matter of time until a woman can fully relax without thinking whether the sensation she is experiencing is good or bad, ethical or unethical and just enjoy it. However you can not push it or assume by observing a sign of arousal that this is what she wants. Sometimes it takes awhile for a woman to accept her sensuality and become comfortable with sensual touch. You can not blame that guy who said he did not act on the signs of arousal because first he might not be interested in the sensual massage at all and second like I said a sign of sexual arousal does not mean the client necessarily wants you to go ahead with a sensual massage. I have plenty of clients (females) who get sexually aroused during the massage but only a few of them over the course of time became comfortable enough and gave me verbal and non verbal clues that they really wanted the sensual touch. The last thing you want is to touch somebody inappropriately. Sensual massage is a beautiful thing only if both the therapist and the client are on the same page.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#180 Aug 12, 2011
JohnnySTL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it takes awhile for a woman to accept her sensuality and become comfortable with sensual touch..
You used the key word .. SENSUAL touch - not therapeutic touch. Sensual is foreplay, aka sexual service for pay, aka prostitution.

Location hidden

#181 Aug 12, 2011
NativeBodyworx wrote:
<quoted text>
You used the key word .. SENSUAL touch - not therapeutic touch. Sensual is foreplay, aka sexual service for pay, aka prostitution.
I feel sorry for you if sensual touch means prostitution to you.
LMT

Twinsburg, OH

#182 Aug 12, 2011
JohnnySTL wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you if sensual touch means prostitution to you.
I DON'T feel sorry for you, because you are trying to turn Massage Therapy into your sex playground.
Robert

Nashville, TN

#183 Aug 12, 2011
NativeBodyworx wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, sensual is not the same was sexual. For a relaxation-type massage a bit of sensuality to the welcome. On the other hand, no pun intended, I expected nothing short of a therapeutic touch when I'm in for a deep tissue massage session.
Dan Man

Fayetteville, GA

#184 Aug 12, 2011
This topic of sensual vs sexual is in the "mind of the beholder". My wife had a great massage by a male (even a different race)...and it was perfectly sensual. No sex, no touching of the privates( although close)and she was totally relaxed and tranquil. Candles...a glass of chardonnay....warm temperature....and she felt sensual arousal yet not orgasmic like some.
Her entire body was soothed and conditioned.Her experience was wonderful and the masseur made her feel like a goddess. If you want the happy ending stuff there are many corner massage parlors that will take care of your needs. Teasing without touching can best describe the best sensual..and safe ..massage.

Since: Jun 11

San Francisco, CA

#185 Aug 13, 2011
JohnnySTL wrote:
<quoted text>
Cant Explain, as far as hot buttons it’s not as simple as it may seem. You should always keep your massage guests comfortable with what they are getting and respect their interests first. There is a difference between being or I should say getting physically aroused during the massage and actually wanting the therapist to intensify that sensation for you. Many women are uncomfortable with that and often it’s a matter of time until a woman can fully relax without thinking whether the sensation she is experiencing is good or bad, ethical or unethical and just enjoy it. However you can not push it or assume by observing a sign of arousal that this is what she wants. Sometimes it takes awhile for a woman to accept her sensuality and become comfortable with sensual touch. You can not blame that guy who said he did not act on the signs of arousal because first he might not be interested in the sensual massage at all and second like I said a sign of sexual arousal does not mean the client necessarily wants you to go ahead with a sensual massage. I have plenty of clients (females) who get sexually aroused during the massage but only a few of them over the course of time became comfortable enough and gave me verbal and non verbal clues that they really wanted the sensual touch. The last thing you want is to touch somebody inappropriately. Sensual massage is a beautiful thing only if both the therapist and the client are on the same page.
I agree with what your saying, but you need to understand that my critizm of the masseuse in question is due to his attitude. He, in so many words, is saying that "i get these ladies excited, then i leave them half way there". He has no obligation to give them a sensual massage, but he seems very pleased that they go home unfullfilled.
Dr_G

Sorrento, FL

#186 Aug 13, 2011
Although all massage by definition is "sensual" as it includes touch and feeling, I will use the term in the more accepted sense of sexual stimulation.

Since I believe sensual massage can be a legitimate massage modality, the arousal is not troubling. However, either the therapist and client should agree in advance that the massage being sought includes sensual components, or the therapist should avoid them. To tease is not acceptable practice of massage in my opinion.
Interested

Hermitage, TN

#187 Aug 13, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, sensual is not the same was sexual. For a relaxation-type massage a bit of sensuality to the welcome. On the other hand, no pun intended, I expected nothing short of a therapeutic touch when I'm in for a deep tissue massage session.
Where do you go in Nashville for a sensual massage?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#188 Aug 16, 2011
Being a licensed massage therapist in Chattanooga, TN, I found all of this forum very interesting. There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone getting arroused during their massage. I've had many female clients visibly aroused, and one or two male clients. I have female clients who like un-draped or partially draped massages. Being a male therapist, I don't let male clients go un-draped (just not my thing). Before you call me hipocritical, let me explain, both the client and the therapist should be comfortable when using anything less than the industry standard of a sheet for draping. I allow my male clients to use a towel if they want, but not to be completely un-draped. That's my comfort level. Female clients can be un-draped if that's comfortable for them. I give a sensual type of massge called a gentle touch massage. This is for people desiring the human touch, something we all need. I appreciate when my clients tell me how good they feel, or moan in "pleasure," not many actually say anything. I think it's because they may feel emarrassed. They shouldn't, as an LMT I like knowing what works for my clients. And ladies, don't be afraid to ask for something you may want specifically. Open honest communication between you and your therapist is the best thing you can do. You can just tell your therapist nothing is off limits, and see what type of response that illicits. Or just mention that you are not a modest person, so if the drape slips, you're ok with it. I am willing to answer any questions a female client has, in person or on my blog, where they can be asked anonymously. http://cmabw.com/wordpress/discussions/
Hotdude

Hollywood, FL

#190 Aug 16, 2011
djb,
I think that if you had a hot guy on your table like me or Freddy, you would be more open to an undraped massage w/ a male. I don't try to do anything creepy or try to touch them, it's just a very free and exhilerating feeling (something LMT will never know).

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#191 Aug 16, 2011
Hotdude wrote:
djb,
I think that if you had a hot guy on your table like me or Freddy, you would be more open to an undraped massage w/ a male. I don't try to do anything creepy or try to touch them, it's just a very free and exhilerating feeling (something LMT will never know).
Well H-D, my feelings come from bad experiences with male clients. I've never had advances from my female clients, so they get a little more "leniency" and I'm not saying that would be the case with you. But it just became my policy after to many unwanted advances.
Old perv wrote:
djb2103,
I just looked at your web site. Very nice. It is nice to see licensed therapists with open minds.
Thank you, and thank you for visiting my web site.

“Recovering My Lost Week-End”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#192 Aug 16, 2011
JohnnySTL wrote:
<quoted text>
Cant Explain, as far as hot buttons it’s not as simple as it may seem. You should always keep your massage guests comfortable with what they are getting and respect their interests first. There is a difference between being or I should say getting physically aroused during the massage and actually wanting the therapist to intensify that sensation for you. Many women are uncomfortable with that and often it’s a matter of time until a woman can fully relax without thinking whether the sensation she is experiencing is good or bad, ethical or unethical and just enjoy it. However you can not push it or assume by observing a sign of arousal that this is what she wants. Sometimes it takes awhile for a woman to accept her sensuality and become comfortable with sensual touch.

You can not blame that guy who said he did not act on the signs of arousal because first he might not be interested in the sensual massage at all and second like I said a sign of sexual arousal does not mean the client necessarily wants you to go ahead with a sensual massage. I have plenty of clients (females) who get sexually aroused during the massage but only a few of them over the course of time became comfortable enough and gave me verbal and non verbal clues that they really wanted the sensual touch. The last thing you want is to touch somebody inappropriately. Sensual massage is a beautiful thing only if both the therapist and the client are on the same page.
I do blame him based on his own high and mighty words. Dont forget (or reread more carefully)that he claims to know when the ladies want it, and he does not give them what they want. I dont expect him to do something he does not want, or is not obligated to do. He is so full of himself (full of shit) and in reality he wants to frustrate female readers with his sad belief that he is above them. I dont really think his wife has any "happy endings". I am closing this subject at this point, at least for my participation. Thanks for the comments.

“Recovering My Lost Week-End”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#193 Aug 16, 2011
Cant Explain wrote:
<quoted text> Your intelligent, well-spoken and make some good points Novalis, however, my opinion of Mr. high and mighty who smugly believes he knows womens hot buttons so well, and is so cavalier in ignoring them, remains unchanged.
Panting_alot is an old username. Sorry for any confusion.

Location hidden

#194 Aug 17, 2011
djb2103 wrote:
Being a licensed massage therapist in Chattanooga, TN, I found all of this forum very interesting. There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone getting arroused during their massage. I've had many female clients visibly aroused, and one or two male clients. I have female clients who like un-draped or partially draped massages.
Thank you, djb2103, I feel the same way.
Paul

Birmingham, AL

#195 Aug 18, 2011
djb2103 wrote:
http://cmabw.com/wordpress/dis cussions/
DJB, I just looked at your website, and it is outstanding. Your discussion of draping options, and procedures, is the most comprehensive guide I've ever seen. That is a fantastic resource, especially for first-time clients unsure what the draping will be like.
Mark

Stamford, CT

#196 Sep 1, 2011
I am New York Licensed Massage Therapist and this place Is sad to say so Horrificly Uninformed about Massage Therapy. Half of the people should be locked up for inappropriate touch and the other half need psycotherapy for feeling guilty about being touched. Massage therapist is manipulating the muscles and circulating the blood thats its we dont diagnos we dont try to turn on and if we do were breaking the law. Going to a Massage Therapist is like going to any other healthcare giver. If you are touching clients inappropriatly please seek help and STOP doing that and if you think that its inappropriate report it. Getting arroused during massage can be normal acting on it is against the law. Genitally Is never to be touched. Breast on a female unless a written concent is issused and nipples on either sex is off limits other wise all other muscle tissue is exceptable. Durning a session if you get aroused let it pass and say that feel alittle uncomfortable and the therapist will just move on As a Licensed Massage Therapist I am not there to arouse you or make you guilty or shameful im there to help you and comfort you to help you your body to recover.
Hotdude

Hollywood, FL

#197 Sep 2, 2011
Mark, you seem horrifically uninformed for a Licenced MT!! You also need to use some punctuation in your posts so we can determine when one point ends and the next begins (wow!).

Massage therapty is not so black and white as you state. What you say is inappropriate may be exactly what a client is asking their therapist for. If a LMT is willing to give this client what they want, what exacly is the problem? bviously they are getting therapy and the touch that they are in need of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massage Therapy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
massage in riyadh (Jan '13) 43 min Shamik 159
wife massage 11 hr newbie087 2
Have any women had an orgasm during a massage (Dec '10) 14 hr Driftking27 246
Japan Massage in Budapest (Feb '12) 23 hr Yusuf 16
nice girl nice massage in doha 0097466906424 (Jun '12) Fri Salman 14
Ejaculating during legit massage Thu mark 14
serch older lady Jul 2 jayarajmon 2
Erections during massages is it normal? (Jun '09) Jun 24 LHc 731
Getting a tantric massage for the first time. W... (Jan '10) Jun 23 Tantric Massage C... 110
Therapeutic Massage and Ejaculation (Feb '07) Jun 19 Alex 2,210
Masturbation while getting a Therapeutic Massag... (May '10) Jun 18 clint51 683
More from around the web