I always get my massages in the nude,...
Paul

Birmingham, AL

#44 Nov 8, 2010
Are you serious? You think it's the therapist's job to ask the client if his/her spouse or partner agrees?

Even for a completely non-sexual, therapeutic massage? I mean, maybe the husband is spending money on massages the couple really can't afford. Should a therapist ask every client, "is your spouse or partner OK with you being here?"

Should a bartender ask a man who stops in for a drink, "hey does your wife know you are here?"

I apologize for what your husband has done to you. And HE is the one that may have performed an unethical act. I say "may" because I don't know if I agree that the simple act of getting an undraped massage is breaking a marriage vow. I mean, I can see how you wouldn't be happy about it, obviously; and undraped massage can certainly lead to other things.

But the therapist didn't know he was married, most likely -- and it wasn't any of her business to ask.

Besides -- do you really think a man getting an undraped massage, sexual or not, would be honest in answering the question?

If a man is getting a massage his wife wouldn't be too happy about, he'll either (1) tell the therapist he's not married; or (2) tell the therapist his wife doesn't have a problem with it. What does the therapist do, call his wife? Ask for a notarized permission slip?

Regardless, those of us who are single don't have these same concerns, and so the ethics of informed consent from a partner or spouse doesn't apply.
Eve wrote:
I completely disagree about the statement, "if therapist and client agree, what is the harm?". I can tell you from personal experience that it does harm the relationship with the client's significant other or spouse, especially if that significant other has not been consulted or informed about the type of massage that is being given. I just discovered that my husband has been receiving undraped massages from his therapist for the past 10 months. He had not told me until I questioned his professional and personal relationship with his young, attractive, 20-something therapist.
In this case, the therapist has known for 3 months that I had an issue with her and her friendship with my spouse. To me it is unethical not to also ask a client "is your spouse or significant other aware of your request for an undraped massage? Is he/she OK with that as well?
Nothing I have read about undraped massage addresses the informed consent of the spouse or significant other as well as the client.
<quoted text>
Hot Dude

Alpharetta, GA

#45 Nov 9, 2010
come on now, all this draping business is a bunch of crap! If a client wants it, then ask them how much and keep them happy. If they don't want one, then don't put one on them. If you are working on someone and you see their ass crack or breasts or penis or balls, is it going to poison your brain???

Nudity should not be so feared. between 2 consenting adults, it's not a big deal. I've massages lots of people nude, I've been massaged nude, I've been waxed nude. I don't see the big issue.
FrEdDy

San Diego, CA

#46 Nov 10, 2010
If your in shape, tan and waxed I am sure that your massage person would love for you to be nude.

Since: May 08

Miami, FL

#47 Nov 11, 2010
I went to a reputable place with licenced LMTs yesterday for a massage. My first appt there went ok, but the therapist was constantly tucking the draping and did not even get half of my sore hamstings or glutes. I tolf the therapist (male) that I want him to get my sore areas and I don't care about less draping and that all the tucking was anoying. So, he suggested a towel rather than a sheet, and put a folded up towel over my butt.

As he did my back, he slid the towel down almost to my thighs and did a great job on my lower back and upper glutes. When doing my legs, he moved the towel to the opposite butt cheek, and it all but fell off. So, in the end I was WAY more impressed with his work thatn the other LMT, he touched nothing inappropriate and I gave him a good tip for being responsive to my request. Had he put no drape while face down, I would have had no issue. I was practically undraped for much of that work anyway and had no problem with it.

Bottom line, make the client happy and keep it clean.
Hot Dude

Alpharetta, GA

#48 Nov 11, 2010
FrEdDy wrote:
If your in shape, tan and waxed I am sure that your massage person would love for you to be nude.
Freddy, you know I would LOVE to massage you nude!!
FrEdDy

San Diego, CA

#49 Nov 11, 2010
I sure u wood.
Hot Dude

Alpharetta, GA

#50 Nov 12, 2010
exactly. I'm sure I'd have "wood"!!!
FrEdDY

San Diego, CA

#51 Nov 12, 2010
I sure you will be rock hard!! I cancelled my massage with the Latin chick yesterday because I wasn't that horny. I will see her instead on Nov 26 at 11:30 am. I will see my Latin MILF waxer on the 20th. I hope I have an accident right in her hands. Then after that she gives me a hj and or better yet a bj after every wax job. I would love her to jump on top on my meat stick right after she waxes it. I once talked about anal with her sounded like she's not into that rats! I should ask her next time if she has ever gave it to a guy with a strapon. I want to tell her my exgf use to bang my butt with a strapon. I She once told me a chick came on to her it was so hot I ask her to tell me again.
FreDdY

San Diego, CA

#52 Nov 15, 2010
Just wear a condom!!!
Linus

Corona, NY

#53 Nov 16, 2010
You know, something that I've never seen mentioned here is the REAL reason why therapist drape, and while some of it has to do with the past and how people cant control themselves when given the responsibility of not turning a nude massage into something sexual: Heat. A real LMT's job is to restore range of motion and circulation to parts of the body. We do that with heat, which you cant do undraped. Undraped is the OPPOSITE of the goal of a theraputic massage and that's a stone cold fact.
Hot Dude

Alpharetta, GA

#54 Nov 17, 2010
how about if the air conditioning is not set to 65 degrees!! Have you tried doing stretching and range of motion with a drape fully covering a client? It's a joke. Most if not all LMTs drape because they HAVE to drape. Here in Fla, however, draping is not required but must be offered. Many LMTs still drape because they feel they must and don't want to offent the client or get into a situation where the client can say that the LMT did something inappropriate.

The bottom line is that draping is a pain in the a** and that's why I don't use it or want it when I am the client.
LMT

Medina, OH

#55 Nov 17, 2010
Hot Dude wrote:
Have you tried doing stretching and range of motion with a drape fully covering a client?
You're being childish, pretending that there are only 2 options: Fully covering or no drape at all. There is a third option: uncover what's being worked at that moment, treat, re-cover. And since when have you been interested in therapeutic massage? You've always gone to the crank-yankers, Miami.
Linus

Corona, NY

#56 Nov 17, 2010
And any therapist that can't stretch out a client without undraping sucks. You learn how in school (for those who go to a real school, anyway) and all during your first year practicing, and there is no lack of quality to the stretches. Did it ever occur to you, HD, that the type of massage you like and/or require (with no judgement about it either way), the MTs you see are not so good at the theraputic work and rely on the whole "sensual" massage to make up for it. I say that because in another thread you lambasted me for suggesting clothed massage could ever be better than unclothed, and you my friend, NEED to be touched skin to skin. MT's that cater to those types of suc -- er, I mean clients, are definately NOT the ones that showcase their stretchwork. Maybe you should try seeing someone who isn't incompetant...
Linus

Corona, NY

#57 Nov 17, 2010
By the way, Hot, you are SOOOOOO wrong about Florida draping laws. Here ya go...

Florida Massage Draping Laws
By Jeffery Keilholtz, eHow Contributor .updated: October 13, 2010

Massage draping laws are designed to protect clients and practitioners.Florida massage draping laws fall in accordance with a patient's bill of rights. Since 1939, the Florida State Massage Therapy Association (FSMTA) has worked to uphold the integrity of professional massage. Every licensed masseuse is required to conduct herself with ethical behavior while keeping a client's needs first. Massage clients should always feel comfortable, relaxed and at no time vulnerable due to improper draping.
Draping Instructions
A professional practitioner must state draping instructions for a client before a massage can commence. According to the FSMTA, draping instructions must be given before a client removes any clothing and when the practitioner is out of the room. The practitioner should indicate exactly how a patient should lie on the massage table and how the drape should cover the client before the practitioner reenters. A drape must be used whether a client partially or completely undresses or remains fully clothed.
Cleanliness
Florida massage parlors must uphold cleanliness and personal hygiene standards, according to the FSMTA. Drapes should be washed on a daily basis, and no drape or sheets should be used between patients before being cleansed. The personal hygiene of the practitioner also is important.
Adjustment Standards
A clean drape can be adjusted on a client throughout the course of a massage. However, at no time should a client's private areas be exposed. If a client needs to roll over, the practitioner should stand aside to allow the client to comfortably adjust.
Draping Safeguard
The drape acts as a safeguard between the practitioner and client. The FSMTA states that this safeguard must always remain intact and never be violated. Practitioners are not allowed to engage the client in inappropriate physical or verbal activities. If the safeguard is violated, a report should be made immediately to massage parlor supervisors or appropriate authorities. Failing to uphold this safeguard can result in the revocation of a parlor's business license by the FSMTA and the Florida Board of Massage Therapy.

Read more: Florida Massage Draping Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7328352_florida-mass...

Here's the sentence that shows your folly: A drape must be used whether a client partially or completely undresses or remains fully clothed.

Second paragraph. So, go to your little illegal therapists, just dont kid yourself.

You're welcome
FREDDy

San Diego, CA

#58 Nov 17, 2010
I get my massage draped with a towel but it does not make a difference. she still works my butt crack with her finger. Next when I flip over she get a good look at my 7 inch thick cut meat stick then covers my junk with a towel but reaches under and strokes my meat until I come in the towel.
LMT

Medina, OH

#59 Nov 18, 2010
Linus wrote:
By the way, Hot, you are SOOOOOO wrong about Florida draping laws. Here ya go...
Florida Massage Draping Laws
By Jeffery Keilholtz, eHow Contributor .updated: October 13, 2010
Massage draping laws are designed to protect clients and practitioners.Florida massage draping laws fall in accordance with a patient's bill of rights. Since 1939, the Florida State Massage Therapy Association (FSMTA) has worked to uphold the integrity of professional massage. Every licensed masseuse is required to conduct herself with ethical behavior while keeping a client's needs first. Massage clients should always feel comfortable, relaxed and at no time vulnerable due to improper draping.
Draping Instructions
A professional practitioner must state draping instructions for a client before a massage can commence. According to the FSMTA, draping instructions must be given before a client removes any clothing and when the practitioner is out of the room. The practitioner should indicate exactly how a patient should lie on the massage table and how the drape should cover the client before the practitioner reenters. A drape must be used whether a client partially or completely undresses or remains fully clothed.
Cleanliness
Florida massage parlors must uphold cleanliness and personal hygiene standards, according to the FSMTA. Drapes should be washed on a daily basis, and no drape or sheets should be used between patients before being cleansed. The personal hygiene of the practitioner also is important.
Adjustment Standards
A clean drape can be adjusted on a client throughout the course of a massage. However, at no time should a client's private areas be exposed. If a client needs to roll over, the practitioner should stand aside to allow the client to comfortably adjust.
Draping Safeguard
The drape acts as a safeguard between the practitioner and client. The FSMTA states that this safeguard must always remain intact and never be violated. Practitioners are not allowed to engage the client in inappropriate physical or verbal activities. If the safeguard is violated, a report should be made immediately to massage parlor supervisors or appropriate authorities. Failing to uphold this safeguard can result in the revocation of a parlor's business license by the FSMTA and the Florida Board of Massage Therapy.
Read more: Florida Massage Draping Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7328352_florida-mass...
Here's the sentence that shows your folly: A drape must be used whether a client partially or completely undresses or remains fully clothed.
Second paragraph. So, go to your little illegal therapists, just dont kid yourself.
You're welcome
I'll thank you for all of us who strive to keep the profession legit. Good work Linus!!!
LMT

Medina, OH

#60 Nov 18, 2010
FREDDy wrote:
I get my massage draped with a towel but it does not make a difference. she still works my butt crack with her finger. Next when I flip over she get a good look at my 7 inch thick cut meat stick then covers my junk with a towel but reaches under and strokes my meat until I come in the towel.
Obsessive compulsive masturbation fetish. And a narcissist. And immensely boring.
Freddy

San Diego, CA

#61 Nov 18, 2010
Don't need to whack my own meat I have a gf, a Latin massage girl and a Chinese massage girl to do that for me. Sounds like your old and married and have to finish yourself. Sorry I have a waxing and panty fetish.
Hot Dude

Alpharetta, GA

#62 Nov 22, 2010
I have a Freddy fetish!!
FREDDY

San Diego, CA

#63 Nov 22, 2010
Got waxed yesterday my Latin MILF did not get dressed up for me maybe because of the rain. I love it when her hair, makeup and wears a super sluty outfit. I love her in 4 inch fme heels and super tight spandex leather pants. rubber would be good too. I love it when she wears a skirt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massage Therapy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does women get erotic massages? (Sep '11) 5 hr Mj491j 92
Therapeutic Massage and Ejaculation (Feb '07) 12 hr Pantylover_ 2,332
Masturbation while getting a Therapeutic Massag... (May '10) Sun skankhunter 791
this is what happened... (Feb '12) Sun Main main 34
News Wild idea? Massage therapist says predators can... (Apr '14) Feb 17 yidfellas v USA 24
Do Women get aroused during massage? (Jan '10) Feb 15 TouchByThomas 1,673
Masturbation after massage (Nov '09) Feb 15 Danl 206
Erections during massages is it normal? (Jun '09) Feb 15 arcticbill 845
Getting a tantric massage for the first time. W... (Jan '10) Feb 8 Ivan 181
More from around the web