I always get my massages in the nude,...
Aje

Bristol, UK

#24 May 28, 2010
I Came across this discussions after reading about a male cleaner offering his cleaning services draped or undraped.
I feel there is always a middle ground if everybody is willing to play ball. This is all new to me, i am a male and have always had a massage draped, that's just me though. I can fully understand people wanting a massage undraped, and if the therapist is OK with that we're all happy. If not then the client would have to abide by the rules or find another therapist. No one party should expect the other to play by their rules, I believe that is fair.

Since: May 10

Morristown, TN

#25 May 31, 2010
James wrote:
I go to male and female massage therapists, and request that my massage be done while I'm nude and natural. I have not ever had anyone say it no. I get my massage like anyone else, nothing sexual or erotic about it, and I go. I don't see what's the big deal about it. I have heard that some therapists wont allow a client to be nude, and I think that is just ridiculous. The client's comfort is what is important, and as trained therapist they should have more sense. What if doctors said a person couldn't be nude...??? Get the picture?
dude a lot of states have draping laws so for the lmt it is not a choice

Since: May 10

Morristown, TN

#26 Jun 1, 2010
any man is intrigued by by being nude during a massage,the reality is a lot of states dont allow it,as for me i would have to be comfortable with the therapist, i live in tennessee and they are rigid with the laws,of course if you want thereaphy on your privates get a Brazilian wax,then if you can find a estician that would do men!
Massage Fan

Albany, NY

#27 Jul 13, 2010
Maybe it's not the so-called prudish societal norms that are the issue. If men in general would stop equating nudity with sexual intent, it would help a lot. In fact, men could also quit equating any and all touch with sex as well.

FullerMassage Wrote:
"Yes, massage is relaxing, but the true purpose is to loosen tight muscles that constrict movement and cause pain, discomfort and skeletal distortion.

God brings us into this world unclothed, but it is through sin that we know we need to be covered. When men in general stop treating everything with sexuality, we will truly be an enlightened society.

Not all men fall into this category, but the vast majority do and create problems for the rest, not exclusively MTs."

I'm guessing your a female FullerMassage - as you clearly do not understand men. You want them to be more lie women - you are not accepting them for who they are. Men are sexual beings and most do equate nudity and touching with sex. That may be why so many do seek massage that is nude and sensual. If you don't want to participate that is fine - maybe you should stick with women if you cannot handle the potential issue that might come up. If you think people view you as a prostitute - that has more to do with you and your own self-perceptions than the men landing on your table.

The fact that are so many men seeking that type of massage (and so many MT's willing/happy/enjoying to provide that service speaks more to the issue than your personal desires. It is people like you that force laws to dictate your philosophy on everyone else - as you wonder why people who don't share your views can't just change to be more like you! Anything that happens between consenting adults is not only fine - it is no one else's business. That there are laws dictating whether a recipient of massage has to be draped is ridiculous.

I frequently ask for no draping or at least minimal draping and my request has always been granted. When I don't ask I always have an inferior massage experience. Many therapists pretend there is a magic line they can't cross when the sheet is there. I had one very poor massage where the therapist pulled the sheet down my back but didn't pull it far enough. When his strokes went down my back he stopped at the sheet but short of where I felt he needed to go to release the tension from my back. The spine doesn't end at the sheet! The body is one continuous structure ... for me - I prefer the strokes to go down the back and follow through across the glute/piriformis. Sheets prevent that - and it has nothing to do with sex!

Allen

Vancouver, Canada

#28 Jul 23, 2010
Wow, what a debate. I'll just throw in my two cents while bracing for the bitter wrath of conservatism. Has anyone travelled outside of the US and received massage? Go to a local German massage therapist and see if there's sheets on the table for you to hide under.

In many European countries, draping is not provided (unless in large spa/hotels catering to North American culture). Inversely, I see a lot of European tourists visiting here who are unaware of our draping practices and I often find the client on *top* of the sheets when I re-enter the room (sometimes, english isn't spoken so it can be hard to communicate needing to be *between* the sheets, even though I try my best with hand gestures).

For me, it all comes down to a client's intent. There are perverts who may get off on it, so that would be bad. However, there are many people who also don't see nudity as a barrier and are very open with their bodies. I would also consider the client's comfort as the body can cool down during a massage and draping can provide necessary warmth.

I've never had anyone specifically request no draping, however I would first uphold my professional/business code of ethics. I believe an excellent massage can be given regardless of what manner of draping is used. If a client complains that they do not enjoy the treatment because of draping, then I would find this highly suspect.

Since: Jul 10

Chicago, IL

#29 Jul 23, 2010
LMT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can find a reputable therapist at www.amtamassage.org
It's the web site of the American Massage Therapy Association, and its members must be licensed and must subscribe to their Code of Ethics.
I have received several massages from therapist's who are members of the amta. Contrary to popular belief not all of them adhere to your rules. I have had undraped massages, and even happy endings from some highly touted therapists. I prefer non-draped massage for the fact that I get tired of all the tucking of the sheets. A non draped massage is a much more free flowing massage. I go in expecting nothing sexual, but have been offered.
Linus

Ridgewood, NY

#30 Jul 26, 2010
Allen wrote:
Wow, what a debate. I'll just throw in my two cents while bracing for the bitter wrath of conservatism. Has anyone travelled outside of the US and received massage? Go to a local German massage therapist and see if there's sheets on the table for you to hide under.
In many European countries, draping is not provided (unless in large spa/hotels catering to North American culture). Inversely, I see a lot of European tourists visiting here who are unaware of our draping practices and I often find the client on *top* of the sheets when I re-enter the room (sometimes, english isn't spoken so it can be hard to communicate needing to be *between* the sheets, even though I try my best with hand gestures).
For me, it all comes down to a client's intent. There are perverts who may get off on it, so that would be bad. However, there are many people who also don't see nudity as a barrier and are very open with their bodies. I would also consider the client's comfort as the body can cool down during a massage and draping can provide necessary warmth.
I've never had anyone specifically request no draping, however I would first uphold my professional/business code of ethics. I believe an excellent massage can be given regardless of what manner of draping is used. If a client complains that they do not enjoy the treatment because of draping, then I would find this highly suspect.
Yup.

Since: May 10

United States

#31 Jul 27, 2010
where i go it is law and i have family members who own the establishment.makes nude massage difficult of course i am open to the ideal
linus

Ridgewood, NY

#32 Aug 2, 2010
@ Allen. I remembered your comment on German massage therapists the other day when I was working on a German tourist. I asked her about German massage and she said thay all use towels and drapes in Germany. She ALSO said there is a wide discrepancy on how LMT's (a misnomer, as they are not licensed by the state, as they are here in the USA) drape. Generally, the less professional, the less draping. JUST LIKE HERE IN THE STATES. That smokey smell is your argument, btw....

Your turn.
Alisa

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Oct 25, 2010
Intimate is not the same as sexual.

Just because people have received sexual services from someone who has a business does not mean they are a Licensed Massage Therapist. Just because they advertise themselves as an LMT does not make it true. Granted in every field there are people who violate the ethical standards but that doesn't mean it's okay.

If I were an accountant, I wouldn't be doing my "spreadsheets" while "undraped" and likewise when I go to work, I expect the people I interact with to respect me and my professionalism enough to maintain appropriate boundaries. This is not prudish, it's doing a good job. Go to a hooker if you want to get off, go to an LMT if you want to be treated with respect in a relaxing yet medical setting.

Best.
CPA

Alpharetta, GA

#34 Oct 25, 2010
I'm doing my spreadsheet in the nude and have no issues with professionalism at all!!!
Paul

Birmingham, AL

#35 Oct 25, 2010
Alisa, if two adults consent to an activity, how does it affect anyone else?

I get regular massages, concluding with a happy ending, from LMTs (they have licenses hanging on the wall; true, they could be forgeries, but I doubt it.)

How does that affect you in any way, shape or form?

The only possible effect it could have on you (or another LMT) is if you get lots of clients asking for and/or expecting happy endings because they've received them in other places. If you get uncomfortable questions or situations, I apologize for that.

But I've never put an LMT in that situation; I have broached the topic a couple of times with LMTs who weren't interested in providing such services. They made that clear, and I didn't push it or ask again. They also didn't ask me to leave and not return, as I wasn't rude or obnoxious about it.

If we could all simply treat each other with respect, things would be fine. But there certainly are LMTs who have no ethical qualms about providing a "happy ending," and there are clients such as myself who believe that makes for a much more enjoyable massage.
Hot Dude

Alpharetta, GA

#36 Oct 25, 2010
You go Paul!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#37 Oct 27, 2010
All my clients are happy at the end of their massage, total freedom from pain seems to make people happy. So, I do give a happy ending to every client I guess. If they weren't happy, I would never see them again.
FREddy

San Diego, CA

#38 Nov 1, 2010
Nice every massage should end with a happy ending and a nice big fat tip for him or her.
Eve

United States

#39 Nov 5, 2010
I completely disagree about the statement, "if therapist and client agree, what is the harm?". I can tell you from personal experience that it does harm the relationship with the client's significant other or spouse, especially if that significant other has not been consulted or informed about the type of massage that is being given. I just discovered that my husband has been receiving undraped massages from his therapist for the past 10 months. He had not told me until I questioned his professional and personal relationship with his young, attractive, 20-something therapist.

In this case, the therapist has known for 3 months that I had an issue with her and her friendship with my spouse. To me it is unethical not to also ask a client "is your spouse or significant other aware of your request for an undraped massage? Is he/she OK with that as well?

Nothing I have read about undraped massage addresses the informed consent of the spouse or significant other as well as the client.
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, not all of us believe in the "nudity is sinful" camp.
Secondly, very few men treat "everything with sexuality." I don't sexualize my visits to the doctor's office, or to an auto mechanic, or to the grocery store -- even if the staffers there happen to be attractive women!
But massage is different, and the fact that these issues keep "coming up" (pardon the pun) proves that.
Massage can be completely therapeutic, of course. But it's a modality that encourages relaxation, and is a very intimate form of touch. For many of us, it's the most personal touch we receive from another person, outside of a romantic relationship.
So I don't think it's "wrong" or "perverted" to associate sensuality with a massage. It is completely wrong to expect sensual services from a therapist who has no interest in providing those services.
But if therapist and client agree, what is the harm?
LMT

Medina, OH

#40 Nov 7, 2010
bellfly wrote:
All my clients are happy at the end of their massage, total freedom from pain seems to make people happy. So, I do give a happy ending to every client I guess. If they weren't happy, I would never see them again.
Or you could learn to give a proper massage instead of just a hand job. That's what real therapists do.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#41 Nov 7, 2010
Sigh, reading comprehension please. I stated that my clients are happy to be relieved of pain, ergo, they have a happy ending. A very tiny attempt at humor that seems to have gone over everyone's head.
Hot Dude

Alpharetta, GA

#42 Nov 7, 2010
I got it Bellfly! I may not follow the same protocol as you, but at least I am not a fool.
LMT

Medina, OH

#43 Nov 8, 2010
bellfly wrote:
Sigh, reading comprehension please. I stated that my clients are happy to be relieved of pain, ergo, they have a happy ending. A very tiny attempt at humor that seems to have gone over everyone's head.
My apologies. You're right... if you know how to give a real massage, that's the happiest of endings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massage Therapy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
my wife wants a happy ending from a male masseu... (Jun '15) 7 hr jamie 41
Do Women get aroused during massage? (Jan '10) 7 hr jamie 1,659
News Beat The Winter Blues In Blue Ridge, Ga. 16 hr Not gay 2
My therapist pushes my palm with her thigh 18 hr Florida LMT 2
European in watar offers hot massage for older ... Sat Michi 3
Sensual massage for my wife in Palm Springs. Jan 13 northpole8 3
plesure massage in kuwait (Jun '14) Jan 13 nibu 12
Therapeutic Massage and Ejaculation (Feb '07) Jan 9 JohnT 2,324
Erections during massages is it normal? (Jun '09) Jan 9 mark 840
Masturbation while getting a Therapeutic Massag... (May '10) Jan 6 Oz Kid 756
Getting a tantric massage for the first time. W... (Jan '10) Dec '16 Carmel 175
More from around the web