Argentum Metallicum overdose

Posted in the Homeopathy Forum

DonWG

San Diego, CA

#1 Sep 14, 2007
Can anyone supply information on symptoms, long term affects, the chance of symptom reversal, the time for symptom reversal. My mother has been taking argentum metallicum for what she claims the last 2 or 3 years. Regular dosing, 3 days on, 3 days off, one dose per day. I'm very worried for her. Please respond. There isn't much information out there.
DonWG

San Diego, CA

#2 Sep 14, 2007
No responses? I've read over some of the other posts and it appears that there are some experts on this forum. No one can offer any help?
My mother has lost the use of her legs and shows many of the symptoms associated with the use of this remedy. Neuropathy with no apparent cause is what I'm told is causing her leg problem. I understand that neuropathy has been associated with this remedy. Other symptoms are:
Swollen eye lids
Very bad breath
Explosive bowel movements
Extreme leg weakness
Dizziness
Diarea
Frequent urination
Swollen ankles
Leg pains and cramps
Must lie down to rest
Always tired
Cannot sit without becoming tired
Slurred talking
Losing voice
Hard to swallow
Spitting up thick mucous
Pain from rib cage
Forgetful
Melloncholly disposition
Easily chilled
Sensitive to light
Slightly elevated blood pressure

These are only the ones that I have been able to easily observe as I am not the care giver.

It started out in April with dizziness, then weakness of the legs. She hid it from me that she was taking this remedy and has been up to a week ago. Even after I had told her that I wanted a complete list of everything she was taking clear back in April. My unknowing brother was helping her take this stuff. He hid this from me too.

Help!
Skeptic

London, UK

#3 Sep 26, 2007
DonWG wrote:
No responses? I've read over some of the other posts and it appears that there are some experts on this forum. No one can offer any help?
My mother has lost the use of her legs and shows many of the symptoms associated with the use of this remedy. Neuropathy with no apparent cause is what I'm told is causing her leg problem. I understand that neuropathy has been associated with this remedy. Other symptoms are:
Swollen eye lids
Very bad breath
Explosive bowel movements
Extreme leg weakness
Dizziness
Diarea
Frequent urination
Swollen ankles
Leg pains and cramps
Must lie down to rest
Always tired
Cannot sit without becoming tired
Slurred talking
Losing voice
Hard to swallow
Spitting up thick mucous
Pain from rib cage
Forgetful
Melloncholly disposition
Easily chilled
Sensitive to light
Slightly elevated blood pressure
These are only the ones that I have been able to easily observe as I am not the care giver.
It started out in April with dizziness, then weakness of the legs. She hid it from me that she was taking this remedy and has been up to a week ago. Even after I had told her that I wanted a complete list of everything she was taking clear back in April. My unknowing brother was helping her take this stuff. He hid this from me too.
Help!
If your truly care about her take her to a REAL doctor. Not the crooked homeopaths that give you water and sugar.

Homeopathy is a completely fake system that was debunked years ago. Go to a real doctor who will do tests to see what the real problem is.
DonWG

La Mesa, CA

#4 Oct 1, 2007
She is seeing some of the best REAL doctors at Scripps Clinic and they are mystified. Tests have been inconclusive. They have never heard of this substance and their own data banks show very little about the substance. And, they're dragging their feet to help. We're looking into other facilities for help.

Since she has been off the substance, the mucous problem has lessened and the bad breath has become much less noticeable. Other problems persist.
Jalle

Paw Paw, WV

#5 Oct 1, 2007
I can't understand why she was taking the remedy
repeatedly.

homeopathy works for many problems, disorders, and diseases-- if you have the correct remedy.

if you belive that homeopathy is quackery and remedies are nothing more than water and sugar, what harm can they do, anyway?

my mother was killed by the incompetence of a medical doctor, as was my friend's mother. just because someone is a medical doctor does not make them superior to a homeopath, although doctors can cure some problems that homeopaths can't, and homeopaths can cure other problems that doctors can't or won't.

there are good and bad homeopaths and good and bad doctors. I hope you find a good one --or the other-- or preferably both.

Joe De Livera

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#7 Nov 21, 2007
To DonWG

I came across your post of September 14 and noted that you were concerned that your mother is taking Argentum Metallicum for about 3 years.

You have also indicated her many ailments but I do not think that Arg Met can help the majority of those that you have recorded. You have not also indicated what the potency of the Arg Met that she is using, is.

I have prescribed this remedy for many cases of Osteo Arthritis and have observed that it has invariably helped patients.

I shall be glad to help your mother if you will answer my inquiry.

Joe De Livera
Colombo
Sri Lanka

http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewfo...
DonWG

La Mesa, CA

#8 Dec 5, 2007
She passed away yesterday.
Dr Gupta

Kanpur, India

#9 Sep 8, 2011
DonWG wrote:
Can anyone supply information on symptoms, long term affects, the chance of symptom reversal, the time for symptom reversal. My mother has been taking argentum metallicum for what she claims the last 2 or 3 years. Regular dosing, 3 days on, 3 days off, one dose per day. I'm very worried for her. Please respond. There isn't much information out there.
Please provide the details: For what trouble ' argentum metallicum' is being used; at present her symptoms; her age; ...
Dr.Gupta.
Mariaki

Madrid, Spain

#10 Aug 4, 2013
I'm taking argentum metallicum since one year. I had some of the symptoms of your mother.I went to "real" doctors who couldn't give me a solution. I went to a naturopathic doctor and I'm doing the anti.candida diet since one year and a half. All my syptoms already disappeared. I suggest you to read about candida overgrowth.
Mark

Austria

#11 Aug 7, 2013
Mariaki wrote:
I'm taking argentum metallicum since one year. I had some of the symptoms of your mother.I went to "real" doctors who couldn't give me a solution. I went to a naturopathic doctor and I'm doing the anti.candida diet since one year and a half. All my syptoms already disappeared. I suggest you to read about candida overgrowth.
So the "real doctors" were honest and said they did not know what was wrong with you so you turn to a quack who makes up some BS so they can sell you some ineffective "remedy". As most illnesses will cure themselves given enough time you have wrongly attributed a cure to the quack.
Dr Anmol Dhawan

Ghaziabad, India

#12 Sep 13, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
So the "real doctors" were honest and said they did not know what was wrong with you so you turn to a quack who makes up some BS so they can sell you some ineffective "remedy". As most illnesses will cure themselves given enough time you have wrongly attributed a cure to the quack.
hello,dear, husband of your real mother and sister, real doctors are those which cure the disease ,allopaths are murderers which does able to cure any diseases but also misguide the patient to not to take the curative medicines like homeopathic medicine,herbal,ayurvedic etc.The practitioners of these system of medicines are real doctors.understand or i will make you understandfather of your mothers child
Dr Anmol Dhawan

Ghaziabad, India

#13 Sep 13, 2013
one thing i also have to say allopaths are real quacks be because they quack so much on real things like you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Homeopathy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is more scientific: Allopathy or Homeopat... (Mar '10) Dec 13 Mark 3
Alternative Medicine Use Common In Kids With Ch... (Jan '13) Dec 10 sakshi11 18
Why People Sometimes Believe In Magic (Jan '13) Dec 10 sakshi11 2
Alternative Medicines for Anxiety (Apr '09) Dec 3 benny_pill 7
Homeopathic Doctor in Chandigarh Dec 2 holachospital 1
Homeopathic Remedies for Eczema - 2 Methods tha... (Oct '10) Nov 30 sakshi11 23
Do You Believe in Magic?' by Paul Offit (Jul '13) Nov 30 sakshi11 2
More from around the web