Of bedbugs, mites, and APIS MELLIFICA

Posted in the Homeopathy Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ann Diamond

Greenfield Park, Canada

#1 Sep 29, 2008
When I left this town in 2000, there were no bugs. People rented apartments in nice, funky neighbourhoods, and they could go to sleep at night without fear of waking up covered in bumps and oozing sores the next morning.

A year ago, this neighbourhood was still pretty bug-free. You didn't see neighbours dragging mattresses into the street, or hanging all their clothes and bedding over the balcony rails. You didn't smell Raid wafting out of windows and doors.

But now -- all that has changed.

Apparently, it's an international plague. I hear there are bedbugs crawling out of IKEA furniture and into our lives -- and we're not ready. Me, for example. I seem to be a magnet for these bugs, whatever they are -- and I know for a fact that some of them are microscopic. I was sitting on the couch yesterday, innocently typing, and all of a sudden I felt these wee, tiny stings here and there. Next thing I knew, I had three small circular bumps on my left arm. Ten minutes later, they've quadrupled in size and an allergic reaction begins. The area swells and turns bright red. Along with the itching and swelling, comes anxiety, nervousness. I feel like running out the door and cycling in all directions - preferably to the nearest hospital.

This happened last year for the first time, and I did go to a hospital. The nice doctor looked at my bites and bumps and gave me ANTI-HISTAMINES and topical CORTISONE CREAM to smear on. The cortisone cream did very little to ease the itching. The anti-histamines gave me instant gas, bloating, constipation and a spacey feeling that life is not really worth the effort required to go on living. I got through it by moving in with a bug-free friend for a couple of weeks.

This year, I'm back at my brother's -- and the bugs are still here! They don't bother him -- he's a heavy smoker. I have no such toxic barriers -- and I hear these bugs like women.Within an hour of my crashing in this VERY CLEAN apartment, they attacked.

So this time, on my way to Emergency, I stopped in at a HEALTH FOOD STORE and asked what they had for what I have. The woman suggested a HOMEOPATHIC remedy called APIS MELLIFICA. I have a little container of it right here on my desk. You dissolve 5 little pills in water and you just suck on it all day. Or you place a couple under your tongue and let them find their own way into your bloodstream.

With APIS, the itching stopped almost immediately, along with the swelling and anxiety and all the side effects of the anti-histamines. I was able to concentrate and go about my life normally --

Of course, I also escaped the bugs again by moving in with a friend for 10 days. Her neighbourhood hasn't been hit yet but it could be a matter of time.

Meanwhile, back here at Bug Village, the landlord is spraying the apartment. But he didn't get around to the living room and the couch. So yesterday the invisible blood-sucking lurkers got me again.

I'm back on APIS. Remember that name: APIS. Reminds you of bees, doesn't it? I really recommend it! The APIS is working, but I still want those bugs to DIE! DIE! DIE!!! Any ideas on how to kill them without further poisoning the world?

Could the Illuminati be spraying lice and spores from the skies to keep us all scratching through the coming elections and economic collapse?

Or are they a Plague from God? I'm waiting for Sarah Palin and Stephen Harper to weigh in on that.
Pete

Buffalo, NY

#2 Sep 30, 2008
Have you ever had a skin scraping done or had a skin doctor look at those bites? I'd want to know what bro had infesting his house, myself. And I'd never visit again until he hosed down the place with bleac... er... something homeopathic but really, really, really deadly.

Since: Sep 07

Northridge, CA

#3 Oct 5, 2008
Ann Diamond wrote:
I'm back on APIS. Remember that name: APIS. Reminds you of bees, doesn't it?...
That's because it is bees.

The homeopaths take a bee, blend it up, then mix it into water. Then they dilute that water to 30C, or roughly 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x beyond having absolutely nothing left but water.

Then they sell you the water for whatever you're sucker enough to pay.

Then they go buy themselves a DVD player and laugh and laugh and laugh at how gullible people can be.
Ann Diamond wrote:
Could the Illuminati be spraying lice and spores from the skies to keep us all scratching through the coming elections and economic collapse?
Or are they a Plague from God?
Can't tell if you're kidding, or just crazy. The fact that you are coming out in favor of paying people for water leads me to believe it's the later.
Roberta

United States

#4 Oct 22, 2008
Either that, or homeopathy actually works in spite of your inability to explain it, Nuggin.
Roberta

United States

#5 Oct 22, 2008
Either that, Nuggin, or homeopathy works in spite of your inability to explain it.

Northridge, CA

#6 Oct 23, 2008
Roberta wrote:
Either that, or homeopathy actually works in spite of your inability to explain it, Nuggin.
Roberta, let's do a little thought experiment to see if you are a) intelligent and b) honest.

You claim that homeopathy works despite the fact that EVERY double blind study EVER done of homeopathy has shown that it has no statistically significant results.

You are claiming that homeopaths know what they are doing, despite the fact that no homeopath in the history of homeopathy has ever been able to identify the contents of an unmarked vial.

But, more to the point, you are claiming that water can be contaminated by coming into contact with something which is subsequently removed. Think about that.

If water "remembers" what it's come into contact with in the percentages that homeopathy advocates then EVERY DROP OF WATER on the ENTIRE PLANET is completely contaminated with EVERYTHING that's EVER come into contact in the history of the world.

The water coming out of your tap would have millions of times more (PICK ANY CHEMICAL) than the homeopaths are giving you.

But, I suspect NONE of this will make any difference to you. People WANT "magic!" to be real. They WANT to give someone money for a vial of water and pretend it works.

Let me guess, you think of yourself as a "very intuitive person" and you sometimes have "premonitions". Right? LOL
Roberta

Durango, CO

#7 Mar 12, 2009
What you've written here shows that you're really not familiar with the principles of homeopathy.

What "double-blind" studies are you referring to? I'm not aware of any that have been done. This is because homeopathy works on different principles than allopathic medicine, meaning, in general, there isn't a "headache remedy" or one "arthritis remedy." You can certainly treat those conditions with homeopathy, but you have to use a different approach. However, I heard George Vithoulkas say that Arnica can be considered a homeopathic coumadin. Again, this will depend on the situation. But I would readily submit that this would be a testable assertion. So, begin quoting the studies. I'll be very interested to see this list. Why? Because such a cadre of studies would imply that universities and governments, if not big pharma, were actually interested in exploring homeopathy's tenets and theory. Which so far they are most decidedly not. Why? Because no one is going to get rich peddling homeopathic remedies, even developing them. I could develop one right here in my kitchen, and prove it without a grant or any mentionable funds.("Prove" having its own special meaning in homeopathy, as you are aware.)

So, I await this information.

La Quinta, CA

#8 Nov 12, 2009
Roberta wrote:
So, begin quoting the studies. I'll be very interested to see this list. Why? Because such a cadre of studies would imply that universities and governments, if not big pharma, were actually interested in exploring homeopathy's tenets and theory.
There are 3971 studies listed in pubmed under "homeopathy". You aren't aware of ANY of them? Seems like you aren't all that interested in checking out the work that's been done.

Let's take a second and discuss the FACTS behind the "tenets and theory".

Do you deny that the principle concept behind homeopathy is that taking none of something results in a cure of a particular ailment?

If you do deny this, can you demonstrate mathematically how a single molecule of "remedy" can be present in a 30c dilution?
Ann Diamond

Beloeil, Canada

#9 Sep 18, 2010
Surprised to see my article reprinted here... but hey...
I was (of course) joking about the plague and Sarah Palin, although they may be interchangeable. And bed bugs are more in the news than ever. They are also re-infesting my brother's neighbourhood, and we just sprayed his place with vinegar after a few showed up again(after several months' absence). I'm hearing stories from Vancouver and Toronto -- some people are panicking. If you think more lethal chemicals are the answer, well -- I think they just add to the toxic overload.
APIS MELLIFICA worked for me: people who can't handle the side effects of anti-histamines should try it. In my experience, it works. Literally, in seconds, the bites start to shrink and my reaction subsides. But as the man at my natural food store said: don't overdo it. APIS also has side effects.
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because it is bees.
The homeopaths take a bee, blend it up, then mix it into water. Then they dilute that water to 30C, or roughly 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x beyond having absolutely nothing left but water.
Then they sell you the water for whatever you're sucker enough to pay.
Then they go buy themselves a DVD player and laugh and laugh and laugh at how gullible people can be.
<quoted text>
Can't tell if you're kidding, or just crazy. The fact that you are coming out in favor of paying people for water leads me to believe it's the later.

La Quinta, CA

#10 Sep 18, 2010
Ann Diamond wrote:
APIS MELLIFICA worked for me: people who can't handle the side effects of anti-histamines should try it. In my experience, it works. Literally, in seconds, the bites start to shrink and my reaction subsides. But as the man at my natural food store said: don't overdo it. APIS also has side effects.
<quoted text>
Do you know what doctors call a medicine which works that fast?

A placebo.

No chemical (and of course homeopathic remedies don't actually contain chemicals) could possibly travel through out the nervous system from the point of injestion in that amount of time.

The _only_ thing that works that fast is the brain.

You felt like the bites should go away. To you, they appeared to go away.

Just because you can trick yourself doesn't mean you should have the right to try and fool other people.
Iqbal

Delhi, India

#11 Sep 18, 2010
Ann Diamond wrote:
Surprised to see my article reprinted here... but hey...
<quoted text>
You are explaining the situation to an American Jackass(whatever that means ?). He knows ALL about homeopathy, why it cannot work, why a patient's experience has to be a mirage.

Don't waste your time. He has nothing else to do.

La Quinta, CA

#12 Sep 18, 2010
Iqbal wrote:
He knows ALL about homeopathy, why it cannot work, why a patient's experience has to be a mirage.
Yes, I do. It's called "reality" you should look into it.

The _reality_ is that a chemical reaction CAN NOT exist without the chemical which is reacting. Period. It's not just a law of science, it's a basic test of mental capacity.

Oxygen can not react if there is NO OXYGEN.
HydroChloric Acid can not reach if there is NO HCL.

Likewise, Homeopathic remedies which contain _NONE_ of whatever is on the label CAN NOT react because they contain NOTHING.

If you would stop worshiping animals long enough to read a book or two this sort of really elementary school chemistry wouldn't be so hard for you to understand.
Iqbal

Delhi, India

#13 Sep 18, 2010
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do. It's called "reality" you should look into it.
The reality was for many years that the world is flat.
The reality is that you sleep and you have no understanding, why?
The reality was that all particles have +ve mass.
The reality is that you experience gravity but cannot explain what causes it?

Which reality are you writing about?

"Science is superb when it comes to showing that the chemical formula for water is H2O. Or, more significantly, that DNA has a double helix.
But what of that greater question: what’s life all about? This, and others like it, Medawar insisted, were “questions that science cannot answer, and that no conceivable advance of science would empower it to answer”. They could not be dismissed as “nonquestions or pseudoquestions such as only simpletons ask and only charlatans profess to be able to answer”. This is not to criticise science, but simply to calibrate its capacities."

You are aware of Dr. Medawar? You are way behind the knowledge spread in the world.

La Quinta, CA

#14 Sep 18, 2010
Iqbal wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality was for many years that the world is flat.
This is exactly the sort of ignorant crap I expect out of people like you.

First of all, the world was never flat.
Second of all, most of the people you claim think the world was flat knew full well that the world was a sphere.

In roughly 300BC Eratosthenes actually MEASURED the Earth using geometry - because he knew it was a sphere.

Only a complete idiot like yourself would have the audacity to argue that the Earth USED to be flat. How retarded are you?

You seem to have a serious problem differentiating between REALITY based science and FANTASY based religion.

Homeopathy is RELIGION not science.

Care to try and prove me wrong? I've asked every homeopath the EXACT SAME QUESTION and NONE have EVER even TRIED to answer.

The test:
If I present you with two different unlabeled homeopathic remedies, can you tell me what they contain? If so, how?
Iqbal

Delhi, India

#15 Sep 19, 2010
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly the sort of ignorant crap I expect out of people like you.
First of all, the world was never flat.
Second of all, most of the people you claim think the world was flat knew full well that the world was a sphere.
In roughly 300BC Eratosthenes actually MEASURED the Earth using geometry - because he knew it was a sphere.
What about the world earlier to 300BC?

How come Jackass does not even understand English?

What about the scientific explanations for the other questions?

La Quinta, CA

#16 Sep 19, 2010
Iqbal wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the world earlier to 300BC?
Anyone living on the coast can SEE that the world is round.

Anyone living ANYWHERE can see the world is round during an eclipse.

The fact that YOU _still_ think that the Earth used to be flat at some point in the past is very telling about your lack of education.

Seriously, apart from worshiping animals and rubbing yourself head to toe in sh1t, do people in your country actually DO anything?

La Quinta, CA

#17 Sep 19, 2010
You asked that I address your other "scientific questions".
Iqbal wrote:
The reality is that you sleep and you have no understanding, why?
Seriously? You think this is a question? This is barely a sentence.
Sleep is adaptive. It allows for cognitive functions which can not occur during consciousness to function within the brain. Further, it's restorative.
Sleep is EXTREMELY well understood. Maybe not by people in your country, but then again you think that cows are gods and that having them take a dump in your kitchen is good luck.
Soap. Look into it.
The reality was that all particles have +ve mass.
This also isn't a question. You know how I can tell? There is no "?" at the end.
The reality is that you experience gravity but cannot explain what causes it?
Again, your woeful lack of education shines through.
Mass causes gravity.
Gravity is the force exerted between two masses at a distance. We've known this for CENTURIES.
Where have you been?
Serious! Do they not have books in your country?
Iqbal

New Delhi, India

#18 Sep 19, 2010
Nuggin wrote:
You asked that I address your other "scientific questions".
<quoted text>
Seriously? You think this is a question? This is barely a sentence.
Sleep is adaptive. It allows for cognitive functions which can not occur during consciousness to function within the brain. Further, it's restorative.
Sleep is EXTREMELY well understood. Maybe not by people in your country, but then again you think that cows are gods and that having them take a dump in your kitchen is good luck.
Soap. Look into it.
<quoted text>
This also isn't a question. You know how I can tell? There is no "?" at the end.
<quoted text>
Again, your woeful lack of education shines through.
Mass causes gravity.
Gravity is the force exerted between two masses at a distance. We've known this for CENTURIES.
Where have you been?
Serious! Do they not have books in your country?
These are scientific explanation?

Now I understand why President Obama wants American children to spend time in school!!!
Iqbal

New Delhi, India

#19 Sep 19, 2010
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone living on the coast can SEE that the world is round.
Anyone living ANYWHERE can see the world is round during an eclipse.
The fact that YOU _still_ think that the Earth used to be flat at some point in the past is very telling about your lack of education.
Seriously, apart from worshiping animals and rubbing yourself head to toe in sh1t, do people in your country actually DO anything?
You are really dumb!!!

La Quinta, CA

#20 Sep 19, 2010
Iqbal wrote:
<quoted text>
These are scientific explanation?
This is why this conversation is useless.

You lack the basic education necessary to understand the answers to the questions you have.

If they had schools in your "country", they might teach you and the other untouchables some basics about science.

But alas, since the British left, you've reverted back to monkey worshiping flea ridden filthy mongrels.

So, I'll try and make this as simple as possible.

No matter how many cows you pray to, your magic water will never actually be anything other than a fantasy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Homeopathy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Dangers of Chiropractic (Dec '09) Apr 14 indict sayanim 1,249
News Clay-eating homeopathy quacks want to 'unvaccin... Apr 12 Friend 2
Silicea 6x can be Used in Chronic Inflammations (May '09) Apr 4 Muhammad Abdullah 12
Bad reaction to Pulsatilla Mar '16 pauli171 1
News Alternative Medicines for Impotence (May '12) Mar '16 GuyPassionFace 38
News Unauthorized Health Product: "SX Male Enhanceme... (Jul '10) Jan '16 Earle 12
News Yes, Homeopathy CAN Shrink an Enlarged Prostate (Apr '10) Nov '15 Najeeb 31
More from around the web