Robotic Baby Seal Immigrates to U.S.

Full story: findingDulcinea

A robotic seal used to treat loneliness and dementia in Japanese nursing homes makes its way to America.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2008
Haley

Long Island City, NY

#1 Jun 30, 2008
I looked at the baby seal site - it looks like they are charging more than 6600 for them - is that in US dollars? Why not just buy everyone a furby?
Jared

United States

#2 Jul 1, 2008
There is no way that seal toy is an improvement on AIBO. I had one, and it was amazing. Interactive, responsive to your voice, it obeyed commands and would wander off on its own and amuse itself (and you) by playing with its ball and other toys. It was a fantastic and endearing piece of technology. That dopey seal just lies there and grunts and otherwise looks creepy. Feh. Sony ought to bring back AIBO. It rocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geriatric Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memory disorders centers provide specialized care Aug 26 HumanSpirit 1
From Severe Sadness to Suicide in Elderly Popul... (Oct '09) Aug 13 Robinwilliams 10
Improve Patient Care with Case Files: Geriatric... Jun '14 Skye Van Raalte-H... 1
Senior Power: Sexuality It's a good thing. (Apr '13) Jun '14 Cosmo 11
Report: Too little mental health care for boomers (Jul '12) Jun '14 Dr Basim Elhabashy 5
UR Medicine Helping Aging Adults in Rural Commu... Apr '14 humanSpirit 3
Graves & Gilbert Clinic Welcomes Dr. Chhabra to... (Jan '14) Mar '14 Sucks 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Geriatric Medicine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••