Cognitive Impairment Link Found in Po...

Cognitive Impairment Link Found in Popular Medications

There are 5 comments on the Blackwell Publishing Press Release story from Aug 5, 2007, titled Cognitive Impairment Link Found in Popular Medications. In it, Blackwell Publishing Press Release reports that:

“We need to study this further to determine how acid blockers might be causing or creating this effect and if it occurs only in African-Americans.”

Long-term use of histamine2 receptor antagonists , one class of drugs that blocks stomach acid, may be associated with cognitive impairment in older African-American adults. via Blackwell Publishing Press Release

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Blackwell Publishing Press Release.

L ALL OVER

Santa Clara, CA

#1 Aug 7, 2007
Is this intentional? I thought they did studies to control for this kind of stuff.
Hello

Germany

#2 Aug 11, 2007
Not much going on this forum.
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#3 Aug 11, 2007
WHAT medications??

I don't feel like reading it.

Gewd thing I'm not on anything anymore
Ashley

Denver, CO

#4 Aug 11, 2007
This is why I'm glad that my Father taught me naturality is GOOD, this new and "improved" crap they've come out with is actually making people worse. I'm glad that I took at least THAT advice from him, to do natural remedies or just keep myself healthy.

“Technical Anomaly”

Since: Apr 07

Fresno, CA

#5 Aug 11, 2007
Yes, ^profit is the goal. Keep that in mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geriatric Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OTMH holds osteoporosis info session Nov '17 some pay with hou... 1
News Pain Management Therapeutics Market Intelligenc... Aug '17 Hospicern 1
News Merck halts late-stage trial of promising Alzhe... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Pharmafia 1
News Happy birthday to Colo: Oldest gorilla in US tu... (Dec '16) Jan '17 Go Blue Forever 22
News Genetic screening available, but not recommende... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Halton Healthcare launches Hospital Elder Life ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 GTA 1
News Alzheimer Society hosting free seminar on dementia (Jan '16) Jan '16 Brain Pilaster - ... 1
More from around the web