Bladder and dementia therapy may be i...

Bladder and dementia therapy may be incompatible

There are 2 comments on the Rehab Management story from Jun 5, 2008, titled Bladder and dementia therapy may be incompatible. In it, Rehab Management reports that:

Dual use of anticholinergics for urinary incontinence and cholinesterase inhibitors for cognitive impairment in well-functioning elderly patients leads to pharmacological opposition and a more rapid rate of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rehab Management.

Nancy in Connecticut

New Haven, CT

#1 Aug 7, 2008
My mother has been taking Detrol for 2 years. She has had some of the side effects - dry mouth, dizziness. In May 2008 she began taking Aricept. She has begun to sleep much more during the day and she has felt her memory becoming much weaker.She told me recently she was afraid of what was happening to her - tiredness, forgeting things much more quickly. After reading the result of the Wake Forst study regarding combination of Detrol and Aricept - perhaps she is experiencing adverse effects due to the cobination of these two drugs
Scared by Big Pharma

Brookfield, MA

#2 Jan 5, 2009
Just read that Detrol DOES cause memory loss.
Do a google search and find articles entitled something like "better to wear diapers than lose memory".
Scary..all these new "wonder" meds are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geriatric Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Merck halts late-stage trial of promising Alzhe... Feb 15 Pharmafia 1
News Happy birthday to Colo: Oldest gorilla in US tu... Jan '17 Go Blue Forever 22
News Genetic screening available, but not recommende... Nov '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Halton Healthcare launches Hospital Elder Life ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 GTA 1
News Alzheimer Society hosting free seminar on dementia (Jan '16) Jan '16 Brain Pilaster - ... 1
News Graves & Gilbert Clinic Welcomes Dr. Chhabra to... (Jan '14) Jan '16 curious 20
News Learn ways to cope with depression and anxiety ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 HumanSpirit 4
More from around the web