Autism Spectrum Disorders Linked to S...

Autism Spectrum Disorders Linked to Schizophrenia

There are 11 comments on the Arutz Sheva Israel News story from Nov 24, 2012, titled Autism Spectrum Disorders Linked to Schizophrenia. In it, Arutz Sheva Israel News reports that:

A new study by Israeli researchers has found that Autism Spectrum Disorders are linked organically to schizophrenia and bipolar disorder .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arutz Sheva Israel News.

Friend

Montréal, Canada

#1 Nov 24, 2012
another study done on databases. there is no data on what is medically going on with kids. wakefield presetend solid evidence 12 yrs ago and that was it since they did not llike linking damaging vaccines to autism

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Nov 24, 2012
Let's remind everyone that Wakefield's study only had 12 children. Studies with 'solid evidence' don't ultimately end up emerging that the first author of the study had failed to disclose a significant conflict of interest; thereafter, most of the coauthors distanced themselves from the study, the journal officially retracted the article, and the first author was eventually found guilty of misconduct and lost his license to practice medicine (Colgrove & Bayer, 2005; Larson, Cooper, Eskola, Katz, & Ratzan, 2011).
LETS

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Nov 24, 2012
friend wrote:
Let's remind everyone that Wakefield's study only had 12 children. Studies with 'solid evidence' don't ultimately end up emerging that the first author of the study had failed to disclose a significant conflict of interest; thereafter, most of the coauthors distanced themselves from the study, the journal officially retracted the article, and the first author was eventually found guilty of misconduct and lost his license to practice medicine (Colgrove & Bayer, 2005; Larson, Cooper, Eskola, Katz, & Ratzan, 2011).
Lets remind everyone that friend is a professional bee-esser

Location hidden

#6 Nov 25, 2012
You know why they behave this way, don't you? They just don't want to face ASD has a genetic link with schizophrenia. It totally goes against their conspiracy theories. And this is a study, of which anti vaxxers never provide. All they ever provide is attacks to others and 'believe me cuz I'm telling you to'.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Nov 25, 2012
Richard B wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's remind everyone that the Winnipeg anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist always resorts to insults when presented with facts that he's got no sensible answer to.
What the fact are you talking about? You haven't presented dick-all.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Nov 25, 2012
friend wrote:
You know why they behave this way, don't you? They just don't want to face ASD has a genetic link with schizophrenia. It totally goes against their conspiracy theories. And this is a study, of which anti vaxxers never provide. All they ever provide is attacks to others and 'believe me cuz I'm telling you to'.
Prove that link. Oh I forgot you NEVER back up what you say, you just come up with insults and excuses.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 25, 2012
He's only here to posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. He's an attention seeker, and every time he posts and then the posts are deleted, proves his intent.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Nov 25, 2012
Richard B wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, now your memory is failing. I have posted many links to peer-reviewed studies, all showing no link between vaccines and autism. You should remember them, cause you always claim they are "garbage" without providing any evidence to back up your claim.
They ARE garbage because they are based on conclusions not proof. There's a difference 13 year old.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Nov 25, 2012
Here's a good one, autism research has proven nothing genetically. Its too complex. So now Schizophrenia is an ASD?? Both autism (regressive) and Schizophrenia occurs in families with no history of it. There's your connection, they are caused not inherited. Wonder if Schizophrenia has increased or its just we never noticed them?

Location hidden

#13 Nov 25, 2012
Exactly what Wakefield did not have. Proof. Thanks for pointing that out.
Duh Moment

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Dec 1, 2012
Richard B wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know the meaning of the word proof.
Thanks for the DUH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill Nye goes Full Lunatic with vulgar transgen... Apr 26 TerriB1 1
News Supporting Lupus Awareness Apr 16 NOYFB 2
News Depression could be linked to a mutation in one... Apr 9 Humanspirit 1
News New STD has symptoms of gonorrhea Apr 8 Ozarks 2
News DNA Scan Uncovers 18 Genes Newly Associated Wit... Mar '17 friend 11
News Parents plead with school board to move 'danger... Mar '17 Quebec pretty mad 2 1
News Cystic fibrosis patients surviving longer in Ca... Mar '17 Evkan 1
More from around the web