Brittany

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2007

Hi, I'm 18 years old and have extreme bloating and gas problems the last couple of years.

I have this weird inability to belch, therefore when I drink anything carbonated...etc, my stomach feels absolutely terrible.

After an endoscopy, I was diagnosed with gastritis and a hiatal hernia and was given Aciphex. Isn't aciphex mostly for heartburn and acid reflex? I didn't think it really pertained to my symptoms.

After taking my medicine and being a on strict diet for a couple of months, I've seen no improvement.
Every day I am plagued with bloating, cramps, pain, and gas.

Can anyone help?
Pauline

Brandon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2007

brittany what your describing sound alot like IBS and what I have been dealing with for years. I try to take in as much fiber because the colon will kink if you do not and then you get ,pain, blockages, lots of gas and if not taken care of can cause other problems like diverculosis, cleics disease, crohns and so on
inea

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

i am 65 and for the last 2-3 years i have bloating usually at night after my meal. lately i begin to bloatin mid afternoon and have to deal with it all night. several prescs for this have worked for about 2=3 weeks and then stop helping. help me, i have had tests for all stomach illness.the last is zegerid and it helped when i began taking it about 2 months ago but now it is not so good. could my age and slow digestion be the cause. i am overweight
Don

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2008

inea wrote:
i am 65 and for the last 2-3 years i have bloating usually at night after my meal. lately i begin to bloatin mid afternoon and have to deal with it all night. several prescs for this have worked for about 2=3 weeks and then stop helping. help me, i have had tests for all stomach illness.the last is zegerid and it helped when i began taking it about 2 months ago but now it is not so good. could my age and slow digestion be the cause. i am overweight
Sounds like low stomach acid. Google it.
dave m

Lafayette, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2008

in last two days ive had pain on left side near or under rib cage. i am 52 yo male
Susie

Saint Meinrad, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2008

Judged:

You are not digesting your food and it causes the food to ferment and you get pain and bloating.
You have to heal your gut so that it will start digesting properly again.
I am going to try the SCD diet. It is only temporary so when the gut heals you can eat normally again, within reason of course.
You could also have celiac disease, but in an older person I doubt celiac disease would just all of a sudden appear.
dream

Goldsboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2008

i am 22 years old and i have extreme bloating in my mostly my upper stomach and lower stomach too. the problem has reached to when i breath the gas inside my upper abdomen makes big noises and even after i eat and drink something food and drink would make big noises as the foof with gas goes up and while i brreath in air and blow out air. i have had trouble breathing from 2 years and i think part of it goes to my gas problem. can anyone suggest whats happening
Allana

St. John's, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

Everyday when I get out of bed my stomach is flat,but when I start moving around my stomach starts bloating and with pain. I pain is intense so is the bloating. Can anyone help me why this happens to me everyday.
Wendy

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

Have any of you been tested for gastroparesis? That is a likely cause for such symptoms.
Kayla

Nicosia, Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Hi im 18 yr old for the past two years once in a while i get terrible stomach pains and very very bad bloating and if i eat the pains become much worse. the pain stays with me for about a week to ten days untill then the pain doesnt leave me it is a constant ach and bloating...

Can anyone pls help me :(
kevin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Hi my name is Kevin and I have suffered for many years with extreme bloating. I was shot when I was a child so I have had many issues with my stomach. I have been to so many doctors no real help. Please help.

Kevin
LaLa

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Hi, My name is Law and I have a history of diverticuli. I had 1 bout of it in 1998 and did not know what it was until they went in surgically to look around. They eemoved my appendix, part of my colon and pollyps. I am now suffering from extreme gas pain and bloating for 9 days on and off. Do you think this ia associated with my disease? I have taken gas x and this new stuff called digestive advantage. I have medical insurance and a doctor, but my co-payment is so high at this point that I can barely pay my bills and afford my co payments these days. Please Help.
Regina

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Im 18 too. I have been having like terrible pains and really bad bloating. Also weight gain. I can eat something and like ill have like a really bad pain on my right side. Then my upper stomach hurts a lot. Then ill have to go to the bathroom and like it feels like im going to pass out and like im running a fever and everything. I don't know. I don't think i can deal with this much longer.
Kayla wrote:
Hi im 18 yr old for the past two years once in a while i get terrible stomach pains and very very bad bloating and if i eat the pains become much worse. the pain stays with me for about a week to ten days untill then the pain doesnt leave me it is a constant ach and bloating...
Can anyone pls help me :(
neelu

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

I AM 28 AND I have been having pain and cramp to my lower right side of my stomach. where they removed appendix. since 2004 but now the pain is geting worse when i eat my stomach gets so bloaded AND I getso much gas . plus i have pain and numness to my right leg can any one tell me what it could be . because its relly hard to deal with this every day .please help me thanks.
Amber

Louisville, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

I have been suffering from bloating and horrible gas since early childhood. I cannot have any fruit, soft drinks, candy or chocolate as I will bloat up like a balloon and the gas is just intollerable. Lately I have been bloating so badly that I feel pregnant (as well as look it), the pain is so incredible that I am not able to stand up straight. It does not matter any longer what I eat or when I eat it. I have tried gas-x (a joke) and beano which I was eating up to six, which made things even worse. I have since cut out most sugars from my diet, except those that are in carbohydrates. If anyone has any ideas I would very much be interested to hear them....
Brandon

Edinburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Sounds like Celiac or IBS, good luck to you all, my girl friend is going through this right now.
Sloane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Hello everyone,
I'm only 15, and I have been dealing with a lot of the same symptoms that most of you mentioned. I have terrible bloating/gas problems, and sometimes it's so bad that if I don't get the gas out [gross i know!], I get so hot, and clammy. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to faint, it gets that bad. I've been to the doctor so many times, and been tested for basically everything. Eventually, my doctor told me it was probably just all in my head. We all know that's ridiculous, since I have such visible and terrible symptoms. AHH, please help?!! Oh, and another thing, I went to a homeopathic doctor a while back, and I was given things for parasites, which they said I had. That did start to help for a while, and when they said my parasites were gone, they took me off the natural medicines. That's when the pain got even worse.
Aly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

Regina wrote:
Im 18 too. I have been having like terrible pains and really bad bloating. Also weight gain. I can eat something and like ill have like a really bad pain on my right side. Then my upper stomach hurts a lot. Then ill have to go to the bathroom and like it feels like im going to pass out and like im running a fever and everything. I don't know. I don't think i can deal with this much longer.
<quoted text>
I'm having the same exact symptoms, and I've already been diagnosed with Celiacs Disease. My diet isn't helping at all, so I've been reading about it on the web, and maybe you should try dropping either gluten or dairy/casein from your diet for 2 weeks, and then slowly adding it back in to see if it's food intolerence? If that doesn't work, then maybe seeing a gastrointeroligist would help- that's what I'm doing. Hope that helps a little!
gas master

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

try Nexium thats what i take for my GERD and IBS and it seem to help....alot better then aciphex
julie

Kalispell, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

neelu wrote:
I AM 28 AND I have been having pain and cramp to my lower right side of my stomach. where they removed appendix. since 2004 but now the pain is geting worse when i eat my stomach gets so bloaded AND I getso much gas . plus i have pain and numness to my right leg can any one tell me what it could be . because its relly hard to deal with this every day .please help me thanks.
I have had pain in right side for about 18 years and when gets really bad goes down my right leg. When I can afford it I want to get tested to see if it is the valve between the small and large intestine. I've heard it well malfunction and stay tight not allowing food to pass through. They can do a surgury where they clip it allowing your food to pass. The reason I want to see if it is the valve is because it seams when I eat the food will build up on the right side causing pain. It's like it gets hooked up and can't pass so maybe the valve isn't working. Then when food sits it makes gas and bloating because it is roting. I saw a story on TV where a lady had her's clipped. Good luck at finding the remedy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Gastroenterology Forum right now

Search the Gastroenterology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lower left abdomen burning sensation (Sep '10) Jul 24 Joan 25
Morning diarrhea for over a year (Sep '11) Jul 23 kdsfroggy 5
upper abdominal discomfort / pain near left rib (Nov '07) Jul 16 Kat 819
Nissen Fundoplication Complications (post surgery) (Oct '11) Jul 10 JohnnyRebel 326
right side abdominal pain from rib cage to ovar... (Aug '12) Jul 5 whocares 2
Normal Blood Levels with an Enlarged Spleen and... (Jan '08) Jul 4 TheHusband 32
Bariatric Surgeon GastroIntestinal Onco Surgeon (Sep '13) Jul 3 Darcy Webb 3
•••
•••