Does Gastritis by itself cause bloating?

Does Gastritis by itself cause bloating?

Posted in the Gastroenterology Forum

Uri

Tel Aviv, Israel

#1 Dec 19, 2011
Let me start by asking:

Does Gastritis by itself cause bloating? Or does high levels of acid cause it? which also cause gastritis. Will taking a proton pump inhibitor help in the case of Gastritis caused by something other than high levels of acid?

I've been diagnosed with Gastritis and the cause wasn't found. Now I'm still feeling bloated all the time (but no excessive gas). I'm wondering whether I'm feeling bloated because of the gastritis itself or high levels of acid in the stomach? This will help me understand if the reason for the Gastritis is still there.

Thanks
dr fungus says

Australia

#2 Feb 8, 2012
Uri wrote:
Let me start by asking:
Does Gastritis by itself cause bloating? Or does high levels of acid cause it? which also cause gastritis. Will taking a proton pump inhibitor help in the case of Gastritis caused by something other than high levels of acid?
I've been diagnosed with Gastritis and the cause wasn't found. Now I'm still feeling bloated all the time (but no excessive gas). I'm wondering whether I'm feeling bloated because of the gastritis itself or high levels of acid in the stomach? This will help me understand if the reason for the Gastritis is still there.
Thanks
hi uri unless candida is under control then you can speculate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gastroenterology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Normal Blood Levels with an Enlarged Spleen and... (Jan '08) Wed Mrobinette81 38
Nissen fundoplication reversal Wed gogreensue 4
Nissen Fundoplication Complications (post surgery) (Oct '11) May 24 Gogreensue 399
Pain & Burning on left side bottom of rib cage.... (Apr '07) May 19 camsat 220
Pain under rib cage, stomach swelling, and cram... (Jan '10) May 16 Aaron in the UK 243
Does cycling make your poop reach your colon fa... (Apr '13) May 10 nope 2
Looking for help - Chronic Morning Diarrhea (Jun '06) May 10 Danny 301
More from around the web