Pain & Burning on left side bottom of rib cage......

Posted in the Gastroenterology Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 206 Comments Last updated May 29, 2014
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Lorray Shellby

Moses Lake, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2007

Hello, I have been having quite a bit of pain & burning on my left side and bottom of my rib cage. Does any one know what this could be? I'm looking in to seeing a gastroenerolgist. Thanks so much. Lorray
Alex from Seattle

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2007

Just the last few days I have been having this same symptom - did you ever find out what it was?
Thanks.
Lorray Shellby wrote:
Hello, I have been having quite a bit of pain & burning on my left side and bottom of my rib cage. Does any one know what this could be? I'm looking in to seeing a gastroenerolgist. Thanks so much. Lorray
jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

Alex from Seattle wrote:
Just the last few days I have been having this same symptom - did you ever find out what it was?
Thanks.
<quoted text>
I too have been having this same pain. Does anyone know what it could be? Please advise. Jim
sares

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2007

hi, I have been experiencing a dull ache and burning sensation above my left breast and burning just under the right and left side of my ribs. I visited the doctor who queried gastritis and prescribed me omeprazole to reduce the aacid in my stomach. My symptoms are much better although i still the burning above my left breast, which i guess is heartburn. I have to take the omeprazole for 2 months to give my stomach wall enough time to heal. I suggest you visit you doctor and get yourself checked out i'm glad that i did because i was starting to get quite worried about it.

Hope this helps. Sares
larry l

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

Alex from Seattle wrote:
Thanks.
<quoted text>
I have pain in the area you described, have your problems been solved.

thanks
larry
larry l

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

I have a burning pain on left side near or around bottom rib. Hurts when I move and then the pain is sever.
sares

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2007

Hi

I took omeprazole 40mg for 1 month, when i came off them, i went onto a step down dose of 20mg. I'm now off them completely and the pain seems to have cleared up. I do occasionally get a few twinges and strange sensations, but i'm not sure if its the same thing or not.

How long have you had the burning?

Sares.
Louis

Florence, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

I seem to be having the same problems. As I am sitting here at the computer I notice them more. When standing up it is releived a little.

I would be interested to hear of ways in which people overcame this irritating problem and what it was/is ?
sares

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2007

Hi
I'm back on 20mg omeprazole to keep the acid at bay. I keep getting the strange sensation below my left rib and wonder if it's a hernia.

I notice that the sensation comes on more often toward the end of the day and I also feel it more when i'm seated.
Mindy

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Louis wrote:
I seem to be having the same problems. As I am sitting here at the computer I notice them more. When standing up it is releived a little.
I would be interested to hear of ways in which people overcame this irritating problem and what it was/is ?
Louise -
i've been having the same thing happen as you describe. very irritating dull pain. not really enough to take anything for but annoying. i notice that when i'm sitting at the computer it is worse. and when i'm at work (where i stand the whole time) i don't notice it as much. let me know if you find out anything. i'm going to a gastroenterologist on dec 18th.
best
-mindy
Paul

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

I have the same problem with the discomfort on the left side. I have found however, that taking probiotics and 2 tablespoons of apple-cider vinegar in a glass of warm water in the morning has helped tremendously.
sares

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

Paul -

Thanks for the info, might give that a go. What probiotics do you take?

Regards

- Sares
michelle30

Gerald, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Judged:

Hi, I have right side burning and piercing pain below my ribs and kinda creaps toward my back on the right side alittle. I cant say its alot of pain but it enough to bother me. some days I dont have it and then there are days like today where I cant even sit in a comfy position.. Please if anyone knows what this is let me know Thanks
michelle30

Gerald, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Hi, I have this pain, burning and piercing on my right side below my ribs, it kinda creaps into my lower back a little. It comes and goes but like today its really bad.. I cant even sit comfy. Please if anyone knows why or what to do please let me know. I cant say that its really bad pain but its enough to notice. Thank You
angie

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Judged:

Costochondritis is a problem that they said I had, its associate with fibermyalga. Mine is lower than alot of you describe. They say that it is caused by the inflamed place where the rib connect. mine is very low rib and almost under my rib. The doc said its usually higher so i am going for an xray
Shayna

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

i've been having this pain on the left side on the bottom of my rib cage what could this be im only thirteen some one help me please?
Shayna

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Judged:

Having pain on left side on the bottom of my rib cage does any one no what it is im only thirteen and im kinda scared
Tammy

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

In my pelvic area I have this burning and pain what is that?????
jordan

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

My side has hurt too!!
sophia

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

my side is burning!!!why???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Gastroenterology Forum right now

Search the Gastroenterology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nissen Fundoplication Complications (post surgery) (Oct '11) Jul 29 Michelle 327
Lower left abdomen burning sensation (Sep '10) Jul 24 Joan 25
Morning diarrhea for over a year (Sep '11) Jul 23 kdsfroggy 5
upper abdominal discomfort / pain near left rib (Nov '07) Jul 16 Kat 819
right side abdominal pain from rib cage to ovar... (Aug '12) Jul 5 whocares 2
Normal Blood Levels with an Enlarged Spleen and... (Jan '08) Jul 4 TheHusband 32
Bariatric Surgeon GastroIntestinal Onco Surgeon (Sep '13) Jul 3 Darcy Webb 3
•••
•••