Boomers retiring to rural areas won't...

Boomers retiring to rural areas won't find doctors

There are 6 comments on the story from Sep 1, 2012, titled Boomers retiring to rural areas won't find doctors. In it, reports that:

But then that doctor moved away, leaving her to search for another who would take Medicare.

Join the discussion below, or

High Springs, FL

#1 Sep 3, 2012
The elderly will live longer and have less side effects from the medication. Hopefully the elderly will read up on the Statin drugs and the mind drugs and recognize alternative medicine.

Roosevelt, AZ

#2 Sep 4, 2012
What about in Medford? How do they stand? Do they have enough primary care Doctors and do some of them accept medicare?

High Springs, FL

#3 Sep 4, 2012
Herbal medicine is leading the health conscious way with positive results against the greed of the pharmacutical, side effect, ruin your health and life..... by AMA doctors. One look at the Mental Health Industry and the greed with no science, no medical model, no evidence based medicine and no test for chemical imbalance of a defective brain is enough to make you wonder the political intent of the Republican (ALEC) party since the Reagan / Bush presidency. Where else could the rich but in the capitalist system of medicine distroy the disabled, the weak the uneducated and make a buck.

The Republican get rich scheme

Medford, OR

#4 Sep 5, 2012
4u2pal wrote:
What about in Medford? How do they stand? Do they have enough primary care Doctors and do some of them accept medicare?
Medford has the finest medical coverage between Portland and San Francisco, and yes, there are dozens of PC Physicans that accept Medicare...the only problem may take three months to see one, because half of California has moved here recently.
matt spitsbergen

Pensacola, FL

#5 Sep 5, 2012
It seems Medicare is starting to become more and more like state Medicaid. The doctor reimbursements are going to be so small that they won't take Medicare anymore. We need to look out for the physicians and providers. Sign up for my FREE 5 part mini-course on Medicare Made Easy at
Kitka Lyn

Sunol, CA

#6 Sep 11, 2012
So my husband and I, from California, will find no doctors and Oregonians who don't like us if we move to Grants Pass? I have always loved Oregon but the feeling does not seem to mutual. Why is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Practice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family medicine Oct 2 Michael Williams 1
News Established primary care practice joins Marshal... Aug '15 Healthcare Consumer 1
News Options are limited for treating mental illness... Aug '15 Jaimie 31
News Town lands new doctor (Jan '09) Mar '15 were seniors evac... 7
News Doctor Megan Burns to begin family practice in ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 jordennancy23 1
News Guide to life: Is an annual medical exam a must? (Nov '14) Feb '15 Larry 3
Why not patches for vaccine administration? (Feb '15) Feb '15 Booked4u 2
More from around the web