Homeless Shelters Stopping Spread Of ...

Homeless Shelters Stopping Spread Of Bed Bugs | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 21 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Homeless Shelters Stopping Spread Of Bed Bugs | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

It's an epidemic in Ohio that has many people itching and scratching when they hear the term bed bugs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rational

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 5, 2011
Not with my tax money. Get a job and take a bath.
AVZ

Ashville, OH

#2 Jan 5, 2011
Good for them.

Most land lords are to cheap to handle the problem. Until there are big fines for land lords that deny their responsability the problem will continue to grow.
Bedbug man

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Jan 5, 2011
For more infomation on bedbugs, please visit our site at: http://bedbugssite.info

At bedbugssite.info you will find information on Bedbugs including, but not limited to:

Identifying
Treatment for bites
Controlling infestations
and much more!
Get real

United States

#4 Jan 6, 2011
Rational wrote:
Shelters aren't funded by your tax money or anyone elses. It's funded by grants and pvt. donations. Not everyone in a shelter is capable in getting or holding a job and some even enjoy being on the streets away from judgemental a$$es like you.
Been there done it

New York, NY

#5 Jan 6, 2011
Rational wrote:
Faith Mission relies on donations. I give at Christmas every year. No tax money is used.
Sparky

New York, NY

#6 Jan 6, 2011
Bedbug man wrote:
For more infomation on bedbugs, please visit our site at: http://bedbugssite.info
At bedbugssite.info you will find information on Bedbugs including, but not limited to:
Identifying
Treatment for bites
Controlling infestations
and much more!
Here is the website that I use when planning to travel. It is a database to check on infestations in hotels. You can search by city and state and read the reports.

http://www.bedbugregistry.com/
Nicole

Chantilly, VA

#7 Jan 6, 2011
Rational wrote:
"Not with my tax money. Get a job and take a bath"

Anyone can get bed bugs!! It's as simple as your suitcase being next to someone else's luggage at the airport during transport, or staying at a beach house on vacation that people frequently come and go. It has nothing to do with anyone being unclean or poor.

Good luck surviving life with that pathetic mindset!
Nicole

Chantilly, VA

#8 Jan 6, 2011
Rational wrote:

Anyone can get bed bugs!! It's as simple as visiting a beach house that has numerous visitors, the transport of your luggage next to someone else's can become infested, or even your 10 year old daughter has a sleepover for her birthday and guests bring them in. It can happen to anyone. Rich, poor, middle class, it makes no differance.
Really

Pickerington, OH

#9 Jan 6, 2011
Bed bugs are EVERYWHERE now and ANYONE can get them. Yes, anyone. Poor or rich.
Bedbug man

Reynoldsburg, OH

#10 Jan 6, 2011
Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the website that I use when planning to travel. It is a database to check on infestations in hotels. You can search by city and state and read the reports.
http://www.bedbugregistry.com/
Thanks for the link, i'll add it to my site at : http://www.bedbugssite.info
Not taking any chances

Dublin, OH

#11 Jan 6, 2011
Nicole wrote:
Rational wrote:
Anyone can get bed bugs!! It's as simple as visiting a beach house that has numerous visitors, the transport of your luggage next to someone else's can become infested, or even your 10 year old daughter has a sleepover for her birthday and guests bring them in. It can happen to anyone. Rich, poor, middle class, it makes no differance.
I will be in my bathtub with my bedbug freematress -knock on wood- pulled up over me until this crisis ends.
manohmanohmanohm an

Columbus, OH

#12 Jan 6, 2011
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Shelters aren't funded by your tax money or anyone elses. It's funded by grants and pvt. donations. Not everyone in a shelter is capable in getting or holding a job and some even enjoy being on the streets away from judgemental **** es like you.
When I first moved to Columbus, I stay at the Faith Mission shelter. I am now a regular contributor to them. In fact I have a portion of my check sent directly to them.
middletown resident

Dayton, OH

#13 Jan 6, 2011
OTE who="Rational"]Not with my tax money. Get a job and take a bath.
Wow!! First of all let me tell you a fact! having bed bugs does in no way mean you are dirty, i live in a $200,000 dollar house and my children brought it in from school and we are by far nasty people.. so get your facts straight before you speak... if you live in this town its a matter of time before you get it too! so tonight as you lay in bed just think you could be sleeping with these bugs urself!!
Dave

Archbold, OH

#14 Jan 6, 2011
Dear Rational: I am awestruck by your compassion. PS: Please let us know where all those jobs that pay enough for someone to afford a place to live are, so we can get those people working.
Col Hannibal Smith

Columbus, OH

#15 Jan 6, 2011
Rational wrote:
That's right.Speak as you see fit.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#16 Jan 6, 2011
middletown resident wrote:
Wow!! First of all let me tell you a fact! having bed bugs does in no way mean you are dirty, i live in a $200,000 dollar house and my children brought it in from school and we are by far nasty people.. so get your facts straight before you speak... if you live in this town its a matter of time before you get it too! so tonight as you lay in bed just think you could be sleeping with these bugs urself!!
You may want to reread your post there.It seems that you forgot a word.Not picking,just letting you know.
Rational

Columbus, OH

#17 Jan 6, 2011
Homelessness is a MORAL failing. Sloth, drugs, alcohol and worse cause it. It's a lifestyle choice and they don't have to live like that if they don't want to.
Bedbug man

Reynoldsburg, OH

#18 Jan 6, 2011
middletown resident wrote:
And they can get those facts at: http://www.bedbugssite.com !!
Concerned Citizen

Reynoldsburg, OH

#19 Jan 10, 2011
Many of the homeless go to work every day. If you are paid minimum wage, you do not earn enough to afford your own apartment.
Gay Queen of 10TV

Pickerington, OH

#20 Jan 10, 2011
homeless people smh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Epidemiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MMR coverage vs. confirmed cases 21 hr Sterling 2
Which epidemiological study design to choose? Jan '17 sharu043 1
Economics of Epidemiology Jan '17 maahrose 1
Need suggestions Jan '17 maahrose 2
Epi Help (May '15) Jan '17 mrose 2
Type of study??? (Jun '16) Jan '17 Sajid Hasni 2
Measurement of Association (Sep '16) Sep '16 PrettyErin 1
More from around the web