New Mexico inundated with calls about...

New Mexico inundated with calls about swine flu

There are 3 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Apr 28, 2009, titled New Mexico inundated with calls about swine flu. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

New Mexico health officials have been so inundated by calls about swine flu - which hasn't been reported in the state - that they've started a swine flu hot line and are getting extra help from an existing nurse advice hot line.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

Thomas Sparks Deming

AOL

#1 Apr 28, 2009
Confusion? We stop people at the border if they have a harmless weed in there hands. Yet these same people do not stop a person that could infect your family and kill them with a virius. Is there something wrong here? We pay law enfourcement to protect us. Did any of them stop people comming across the border? Envolvement of the CDC and the WHO is also questionable as there way of stopping a pandemic is to first let every one get it then find out how to treat it,after 7 days. why not just close the border for 7 days and not worry if the cdc has the antivirius in the mail which could take a long time the way the Govt. runs the post office. I don't belive this is a pandemic now,but it could very well turn into one come flu seasion. What will our protectors do if it is a killer pandemic since hours count in lives saved? I'll bet that they will not keep people out of Luna County. The Border will be just as open as it is today. This may be the only day run we'll get.
response

United States

#2 Apr 28, 2009
we need to close it for more than a week. they say tb is on the rise again in this country and even some of our finest hotels in this country now get bed bugs. wonder where all that came from ?
Thomas Sparks Deming wrote:
Confusion? We stop people at the border if they have a harmless weed in there hands. Yet these same people do not stop a person that could infect your family and kill them with a virius. Is there something wrong here? We pay law enfourcement to protect us. Did any of them stop people comming across the border? Envolvement of the CDC and the WHO is also questionable as there way of stopping a pandemic is to first let every one get it then find out how to treat it,after 7 days. why not just close the border for 7 days and not worry if the cdc has the antivirius in the mail which could take a long time the way the Govt. runs the post office. I don't belive this is a pandemic now,but it could very well turn into one come flu seasion. What will our protectors do if it is a killer pandemic since hours count in lives saved? I'll bet that they will not keep people out of Luna County. The Border will be just as open as it is today. This may be the only day run we'll get.
M Roberts

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Apr 29, 2009
Americans believe everything they see on CNN. Most Americans don't understand the most basic science. Yet, they're all in a panic about the flu. Idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Epidemiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bipolar Hypersexuality and Propagation Sep '17 johnny_throwaway14 1
News Feds confirm cancer cluster from Tamaqua to Haz... (Aug '08) Aug '17 sad sad sad 83
News Hair Dye, Chemical Relaxers Linked to Breast Ca... Jul '17 sankt 1
MMR coverage vs. confirmed cases (May '17) May '17 Sterling 2
Which epidemiological study design to choose? (Jan '17) Jan '17 sharu043 1
Economics of Epidemiology (Jan '17) Jan '17 maahrose 1
Need suggestions (Jan '17) Jan '17 maahrose 2
More from around the web