Health agency to record children's va...

Health agency to record children's vaccinations - Hawaii News

There are 7 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Aug 28, 2009, titled Health agency to record children's vaccinations - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Names of children receiving vaccinations in the state's Protect Hawaii's Keiki: Stop Flu at School program will be entered immediately on a Hawaii Immunization Registry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Von

Aiea, HI

#1 Aug 28, 2009
Government health officials are urging people not to panic over estimates of 90,000 people dying from swine flu this fall. "Everything we've seen in the U.S. and everything we've seen around the world suggests we won't see that kind of number if the virus doesn't change," said Dr. Thomas Frieden, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. While the swine flu seems quite easy to catch, it so far hasn't been more deadly than the flu strains seen every fall and winter — many people have only mild illness. And close genetic tracking of the new virus as it circled the globe over the last five months so far has shown no sign that it's mutating to become more virulent.

So do you really need vaccinations?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090827/ap_on_he_...
mufasah

Honolulu, HI

#2 Aug 28, 2009
SPOOKY : govt. initiated/ registry vaccines for the very young. Don't trust the powers-that-be who dictate from afar what your family needs. Do your own research and question motives/intents of the initiators/beneficiaries of such programs.
DADDY LAU

AOL

#3 Aug 28, 2009
Right on!!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 09

Mililani, HI

#4 Aug 28, 2009
Here sheeple..sheeple..come get your shots, We the government knows whats best for you. Come'n get it..
Late Great USA

Keaau, HI

#5 Aug 28, 2009
stop trying to wack my kids with your B/S vacciantions. How many ADDA and HDADA kids you need to cripple with these big Pharma money makers. You health providers ought to check on what your pedeling.
vinagirl

Honolulu, HI

#6 Aug 28, 2009
I declined to have this service done to my child, I do not trust the state with the information I needed to give. I would prefer to have my child taken to the pediatrician and have him taken care of there with only one data record in his pediatrician's possesion, after all the hacking of records the state has gone thru with so many departments I refuse to have my child be a victum and they state they are helping fine for others but not for him.
whoever

Honolulu, HI

#7 Aug 28, 2009
No thanks, my family will take a pass on the this one. Just like we took a pass on the Gardasil vaccine when it first came out and all the doctors were rushig female patients into getting it. Now we find that Gardasil not only may not be effective but there have been significant side effects reported including a few deaths.

I'd rather catch the flu.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Epidemiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MMR coverage vs. confirmed cases May 23 Sterling 2
Which epidemiological study design to choose? Jan '17 sharu043 1
Economics of Epidemiology Jan '17 maahrose 1
Need suggestions Jan '17 maahrose 2
Epi Help (May '15) Jan '17 mrose 2
Type of study??? (Jun '16) Jan '17 Sajid Hasni 2
Measurement of Association (Sep '16) Sep '16 PrettyErin 1
More from around the web