Hospital hires first endocrinologist

Hospital hires first endocrinologist

There are 6 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 10, 2012, titled Hospital hires first endocrinologist. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

FARMINGTON EThe hospital recently hired a Philippine-born doctor with six years experience treating American Indian patients to assist physicians who treat the most complex diabetic patients in the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

good news

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 10, 2012
Hopefully with the specialization in Diabetes care, SJRMC realizes that NOT all diabetics in this area are natives. This articles direction seems to imply that 'non-natives' need not attempt to get services from this hospital and new much touted physician for diabetes. Hopefully that is not the case. My grandaughter who almost died at 9 years old from type-1 diabetes has to get her physician care from UNM in Albuquerque so a local endocrinologist would be a godsend. The long distance monitoring is all she has had and has been great, but fraught with difficulties in communications and obtaining prescriptions for the lifesaving supplies and insulin. So GREAT for the area in them obtaining this physicians expertise to the area. Not so great if as the article implies that it for native residents only.
jojo

Maywood, CA

#2 Jan 10, 2012
All because of the crap the bilagaana brought here.
now now

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jan 11, 2012
jojo wrote:
All because of the crap the bilagaana brought here.
go back to your fry bread mutton sandwich and 40oz'er like a good boy
Firefly

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2012
jojo....diabetes is not contagious. You get "catch" it from eating too much fry bread! ;)
Watcherman

Las Vegas, NM

#6 Jan 25, 2012
Firefly wrote:
jojo....diabetes is not contagious. You get "catch" it from eating too much fry bread! ;)
That's not what contagious means.

And yes, diet can encourage certain types of diabetes.
Firefly

United States

#7 Jan 25, 2012
I was using sarcasm....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Endocrinology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can a endocrinologist help me with constant bod... (Sep '10) 21 hr Richard 102
News Baby-gender 'reveal' parties may have a dark side Dec '17 Reality Speaks 3
Sustanon 250 for Less beard growth - doctor ha... (Dec '06) Jul '17 Maxen 128
Need help with hormone issue (Jun '17) Jun '17 riverdevonne 1
help! (Apr '17) Apr '17 clb113 1
News LMC Announces New Diabetes & Endocrinology Spec... (Mar '17) Mar '17 ROBOCALLS by KEVIN 1
Various Steroids for Sale (Jul '11) Mar '17 Curtissantos79 5
More from around the web