Vitamin D deficiency and series of pr...

Vitamin D deficiency and series of problems

Posted in the Endocrinology Forum

Padma

Newton Center, MA

#1 Jan 26, 2010
Hello, I have been facing unbearable problems like weakness, fatigue, joint pain, fluctuating weight gain and weight loss, terrible digestion issues, swelling of the stomach, bone ache and inability to manage daily activities(stand, walk, sit on the floor) for the past 7 years with the condition deteriorating gradually. I used to just eliminate raw food whenever I visited the restroom and constantly burped, felt full always etc. I was immensely tested for gastrointestinal problems(endoscopy, colonoscopy, gastric emptying etc) but nothing significant turned up. I was tested for celiac, crohn's and other gastro disorders/diseases but all turned out negative. I had taken some proton pumping pills, digestion enabling pills etc and relatively my bowel movements have been better now.

Throughout my blood count (Hgb), Calcium, MCV, HCT, MCH, TSH would always be a little lesser than acceptable levels. I was on Levothyroxine for a few months and my thyroid levels are normal now, but my symptoms remain. Very recently I was told that my Vitamin D in blood is really low (6, where the normal range is 25-75). I have been given Vitamin D supplements now. But I do not know why I have been facing these problems. Please help me out!
Rod

Belgrade, Serbia

#2 Jul 18, 2011
Whereas one of the most well known benefit of this particular vitamin is actually supporting to make strong bone tissues, that is just the beginning of precisely what analysts may be finding out on the subject of vitamin D. A lack of vitamin D might possibly be cancer of the breast risk factor in far more than one half of people with cancer of the breast have got reduced vitamin D quantities based on United kingdom scientists. Numerous professionals assume that those with cancer of the breast ought to be screened for vitamin D insufficiency and additionally prescribed vitamin supplements in the event that required as factor of their entire treatment plan.

You can find reports which imply a link between very low vitamin quantities and breast cancers and even its progression, however different analysis hasn't supported the findings.

useful site: http://www.vitaminddeficiencysymptomsguide.co...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Endocrinology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tetany caused by hyperglycemia? Jul 28 cjlopr 1
Can a endocrinologist help me with constant bod... (Sep '10) Jun '15 kimkim15 28
News Treatment options vastly improved for Type 1 pa... (Apr '11) Jun '15 Bernard Farrell 17
i have high prolactin help May '15 lindseylagoy2 1
about beard and moustache (Apr '07) Mar '15 sahil 242
Sustanon 250 for Less beard growth - doctor ha... (Dec '06) Mar '15 rahul 122
News Secondhand smoke can cause weight gain (Nov '14) Feb '15 jeanrose770 14
More from around the web