is there different levels in the endo...

is there different levels in the endocrine system

Posted in the Endocrinology Forum

“Life is good in Tarpon”

Since: Jun 07

Natick, MA

#1 Aug 15, 2011

I discovered when I was 41 my total T was around 100 and never came out of that range. Moving from gel to weekly injections, I was on a good roll, life wise. Until I had an injury which required me to be on 60mg. oxycodone a day to control the nerve pain in my neck. After a 9 month period on oxy I had the surgery and healed from it. I went back to HRT and no oxy.

Forward 3 years and I get prescribed more oxy for the pain again. I was having a hard time locating safe testosterone (I went underground because of costs.) to buy on the streets so my use was sporadic. Here in FL I was introduced to 30mg oxy and soon I was addicted and could not stop.

Needless to say I stopped the HRT because of money going to buy oxy's. I was up to 300 mg. a day of oxy, no HRT and trying to find a way to stop using. My life became a nightmare. I lost my business, my fiance, my home. I ended up homeless on the streets of St. Petersburg.

I finally got into a detox for 7 days to detox off the oxy. It was just the start of an on again, off again period for 2 months until I borrowed some money to start Suboxone Therapy. After 6 weeks on Subs I quit and have been clean ever since.

My problems however just began. I was depressed, lethargic, no desire, confused alot, it was just horrible. I was trying to put my life together and it was almost impossible. After 6 months a friend offered a couch at his house and I got out of the shelter. I couldn't take the depression anymore or the lack of energy or desire. I borrowed some more money and started suboxone again. Immediately I felt sort of normal. Within 2 weeks I received a job offer and started. When I received my first check I found some testosterone and took a 300mg injection.

WOW! My old self was back! I felt normal again. I think I finally see what's wrong. So between the Suboxone and the Test, I can finally say "I can work, eat, take care of myself again."

OK, the question, "Are there parts of the endocrine system that are not affected by opiate use?" I can say from experience, there is a lot of simalarities and connections between opioid recpters and testosterone. Like the testosterone actually supports endorphin production. I am wondering if I could stop the Suboxone and find that the test injections take care of everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Endocrinology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can a endocrinologist help me with constant bod... (Sep '10) Mar 3 Sway 104
Aldosterone Levels Mar 3 Alison 1
News Baby-gender 'reveal' parties may have a dark side Dec '17 Reality Speaks 3
Sustanon 250 for Less beard growth - doctor ha... (Dec '06) Jul '17 Maxen 128
Need help with hormone issue (Jun '17) Jun '17 riverdevonne 1
help! (Apr '17) Apr '17 clb113 1
News LMC Announces New Diabetes & Endocrinology Spec... (Mar '17) Mar '17 ROBOCALLS by KEVIN 1