Exefor and Finasteride - VERY high p...

Exefor and Finasteride - VERY high prolactin

Posted in the Endocrinology Forum

AlmostDesperate

Grosseto, Italy

#1 Aug 23, 2012
Hello, I'm new here.
I'm now a 28 year old man and I started using Efexor(Venlafaxine) 37,5mg and Finasteride 1mg at the same time, 3 years ago. Once I stopped using Efexor after 1,5 years of use, I continued taking Finasteride for another year. I had many side effects, and
althought I suspected Efexor for some of them and considered them to be transitory, I never suspected Finasteride could give massive side effects. Then I had gynecomastia, stopped finasteride, made some research and the world collapsed on me: I was so damn lucky to take together TWO drugs known for having serious side effects persisting after suspension. Ok, now, I do not know what
went on whilst on the drugs, but my exams now report the following, after 6 months after the suspension(on february) of Finasteride.

--30 July--
Prolactin 87 ng/ml (2-18)
FSH 1,5 mUI/ml (1,3-13,6)
17-beta-estradiol 15 pg/ml (11-44)
LH 1,4 mIU/ml (1,1-8,7)
Testosterone 3,57 ng/ml (2,80-11)

--11 August--
Prolactin(11 August)
0'--> 67,7 ng/ml (2-18)
30'--> 73,5 ng/ml (2-18)
IGF-1 148 ng/ml (119-476)
ACTH 12 ng/ml (5-77)

NMR shown no prolactinoma.
I still have gynecomastia; fortunately I still can get good erections, my mood is ok despite this situation, but my libido is low and my breast appears to enlarge when i have weight loss and successive weight gain. Other sides need to be verified. Please tell me something, what should I do? I am willng to wait, good nutrition, stop smoke, some exercise, some rehabilitation, and see if prolactin lowers over time. But I don't know if taking dostinex is a better choice since as of now prolactin is very high.
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Endocrinology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It takes medicine twice as long to affect my body? Feb 20 Spacesynth 1
Can a endocrinologist help me with constant bod... (Sep '10) Feb 15 Richard 57
News Cagayan de Oro Medical Center's Ob-Gyne: A comp... (Jun '08) Jan '17 Sarah natindim 18
Lymph Nodes The Size Of Eggs! (Aug '13) Jan '17 LTK2055 2
Do I need an Endocrinologist or someone else? (Jun '06) Oct '16 Smellycat 21
Children, adults and parents of children with C... (Aug '16) Aug '16 emma1015 1
about beard and moustache (Apr '07) Jun '16 kapil 245
More from around the web