ADH Overproduction, Euvovolemic Hypon...

ADH Overproduction, Euvovolemic Hyponatremia

Posted in the Endocrinology Forum

Berwyn, IL

#1 Feb 11, 2011
reetings to all, I just signed up, hoping to exchange some ideas here. I'm posting this in a bunch of places.

I have some untreated stress and anxiety issues, and am experiencing the symptoms of hyponatremia almost immediately upon drinking any water. This has been going on for several years, but I've only recently isolated water as the cause of the symptoms.

I believe this is being caused by anxiety-induced overproduction of Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH), otherwise known as Vasopressin, and I am experiencing acute euvovolemic hyponatremia on a very frequent basis. I am constantly dehydrated and very thirsty, yet retaining water quite badly, and am unable to drink water without immediately experiencing hyponatremia.

Obviously, the root causes of this situation need to be dealt with. In the short term at least, I need to deal with the hyponatremia; aside from being sick and tired of it, I worry about what it could be doing to me long term.

A visit to a doctor and an ADH test are certainly in order, but in the meantime I am searching for an effective, natural, and readily available ADH inhibitor (not alcohol or weed).

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Endocrinology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can a endocrinologist help me with constant bod... (Sep '10) Oct 22 Richard 45
News Cagayan de Oro Medical Center's Ob-Gyne: A comp... (Jun '08) Oct 19 Honeylet 16
Do I need an Endocrinologist or someone else? (Jun '06) Oct 9 Smellycat 21
Children, adults and parents of children with C... Aug '16 emma1015 1
about beard and moustache (Apr '07) Jun '16 kapil 245
SARMs instead of testosterone injections Jun '16 Jayso 1
growth velocity Apr '16 birman 1
More from around the web