molluscum contagiosum questions
Momm

Pittsburg, CA

#84 Oct 20, 2010
It took about 9 days for them to have the scabs ready to fall off. I fought those things every chance I got, when my son got up, after his shower, when he got home from school, after he took a second shower at night, and right before he went to bed.I tell you what..... It was WAR!!! and of course, I won, and my son is back wrestling!
stephanie

Denver, CO

#85 Oct 21, 2010
thank u so much for replying back really this virus is terrible ...so i jus did the apple cider vinegar is that alright its been about 2weeks and the scabs r finally falling off my im so self conscious i think im seeing lil ones appearing so instead of applying the cotton swab for overnight im jus dabbing them with acv every now and then through out the day is that what u did when u said u fought them every chance u could?im glad u won i hope i do too did he get any after u got rid of them?it might jus be me but i dnt kno is the iodine really needed maybe i shoulda used that too?i used vitamin e when i got the scabs i really dnt want them ever again in my life do u have any other helpful hints or procedes i should do cause i'll do it lol the acv at night burnt like hell but i did it and wow....
Momm

Pittsburg, CA

#86 Oct 23, 2010
stephanie wrote:
thank u so much for replying back really this virus is terrible ...so i jus did the apple cider vinegar is that alright its been about 2weeks and the scabs r finally falling off my im so self conscious i think im seeing lil ones appearing so instead of applying the cotton swab for overnight im jus dabbing them with acv every now and then through out the day is that what u did when u said u fought them every chance u could?im glad u won i hope i do too did he get any after u got rid of them?it might jus be me but i dnt kno is the iodine really needed maybe i shoulda used that too?i used vitamin e when i got the scabs i really dnt want them ever again in my life do u have any other helpful hints or procedes i should do cause i'll do it lol the acv at night burnt like hell but i did it and wow....
If little pop up after you are getting rid of the first ones, just poke them with a straight pin in the middle and squeeze out the core/pod and then treat with the acv. If you stay after them they will go away, but you have to stay on them.
Ali

Somerville, MA

#87 Nov 6, 2010
What kind of tape did you use? Was it regular scotch tape or bandaging tape?
So far so good wrote:
On December 6, 2006 I was diagnosed with Molluscum. Since initial diagnosis, I have gone to a Dermatologist weekly (it is February 18, 2007). My last molluscum to date was frozen off on January 2, 2007. I read some pretty scary things on internet forums about molluscum and I am posting this to let people know my story, method of treatment, and lifestyle changes. I do not work for any company to promote products/drugs. Also, I'm available to talk off-line if anyone has further questions (just post back with an email address or contact info). Honestly, I was really scared when I was first diagnosed. I was fortunate to talk to someone who had it that got over it and that experience really helped my state of mind.
On December 6 I was diagnosed with Molluscum. I had over 40 bumps (stopped counting after 40) on my pubic region. I got all of the bumps frozen on on December 6 and picked up a prescription of Aldara. I used the Aldara daily. I also ordered Zymaderm on the internet (I was skeptical about the product-but was freaking out and willing to try anything). The next week I had about 10 more bumps and got them frozen off. I continued to use the Aldara-which irritated my skin/did its job. I went back to the doctor the following week and he froze off about 10 new bumps.
After that visit with the Doctor, everything seemed to come together. My zymaderm came in the mail, I started taking vitamin c, flax seed oil and zink supplements, I ate extremely healthy (no alcohol) and I started praying to God for help. I applied the Zymaderm three to four times a day (much more then the daily recommmended usage) and then covered the molluscum with tape after applying the zymaderm. I couldn't believe it, but the Zymderm really worked. The molluscum would shrink and dry up and then disappear without a mark (it was pretty crazy). Additionally, covering the molluscum with tape after applying the zymaderm made the process go even faster.
On January 2, 2007 I went to the Dermtologist. He saw only 2 molluscum (that he told me were on the way out) and I had him freeze them. He also told me to stop using the Aldara as my skin was extremely irritated (it looked really red and almost like a big wound). He was very positive about my condition and told me that he thought that I was done with molluscum.
Once I went off the Aldara, my skin started to heal. However, that meant the irritated skin flaked off and new skin grew underneath. This was somewhat painful. But I was happy that no new molluscum were showing up.
I think that the Zymaderm, Aldara, change of diet, addition of supplements, frequent trips to the doctor to catch new ones immediately, and help from God is what cleared the molluscum.
I am not positive that this is over, but so far so good. I'll post an update if anything changes.
JKP

Spring Hill, FL

#88 Nov 15, 2010
My daughter suffers from Herpetic eye syndrome and I have Acyclovir for this condition so when my son was struggling with Moluscium, I tried it for this..I figured viral infection..Why not! Completely works and cleared him up. I gave him the medicine 3x's per day for 7 days (like my daughter). I also started him on an immune support vitamin & probiotics for a month to get him feeling stronger...Good Luck!! It works!
LCY73

South Africa

#89 Nov 29, 2010
For those of you suffering this revolting skin lurgy i have one word: Aldara.

I had molluscum for three months, I was told to use Aldara by one of the many docs I saw in the beginning stages, but i was confused about getting such different advice from all the docs i saw, and thought this medication was too toxic and not guaranteed to work (it was not the expense of Aldara that stopped me, I would have paid anything to get rid of the lurgy).

Anyway after trying SOOOOO many different things, apple cider vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil, cimetidine, bleach baths, thuja, supposedly anti-viral creams from the healthstore etc etc (and giving myself some scarring in the process), I believe that the only thing that really worked was aldara.

I pricked each lesion with a pin (yes that is all that is required - do not squeeze or scratch these things - you may scar) and applied the aldara every night for 4 nights. this seems to have set up a chain reaction that cured all of them within a week, even the very tiny ones to which i did not apply the aldara. At this time I also took an immune boosting supplement called MODUCARE. funnily enough i heard about it cos my brother gave it to his dog for warts that the dog had in/around its mouth and the dogs warts were gone in a week or two after taking this and some of them were crushed by the vet!

i know how awful i have felt as an adult suffering the molluscum lurgy, so i hope this helps someone else. Don't wait, use aldara, and if you can get some moducare take that as well. colliodal silver internally may also have helped. i was using all these three things at the time the lesions started disappearing, but i believe it was the aldara that kickstarted my immune system to recognise the virus. that is what this cream does, it stimulates an immune response. the lesions stopped spreading and dried up when i began the aldara
I beat it

South Richmond Hill, NY

#90 Dec 13, 2010
hey there Im a guy I contracted molluscum about 5 months ago had a ridiculous amount of bumps all over the yeaaa... visited the derm and tried retin A micro...apple cider vinegar (burnt the hell outa me)..then acne cream... i was in my 4th month and quite a depression as i am of course as they say sexually active when i came across zymaderm...ordered it off amazon thought it was another dead end that wouldnt do a thing but let me tell you it turned what i thought was the end of me into a joke... says it takes 30 days i saw a significant reduction after 10.. went from a handful of bumps to one single one by day 20...day 30 came ALL GONE i repeat ALL GONE...all that stress for what exactly? 30 days...happy to say im over it and if i get it again guess what 30 days on the injured reserve wont be the end of me..back to business
Still Waiting

Tallahassee, FL

#91 Jan 14, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm a 23 year old male who contracted this thing about a month ago. I've been using apple cider vinegar for the past week and a half or so, and while it burns like hell, i'm noticing a lot of changes. The bumps turned to whiteheads a few days ago, and now they're scabbing I think (turning a blackish color). Does anyone know what happens next/has anyone figured out a better way? Thanks
Horrified

Canada

#92 Jan 15, 2011
My 7 and 3 year old have this nightmare. We started Zymaderm a week ago. No change yet. I did read that there is a phase two soap that accelerates the results. I'm just praying it doesn't make it to their faces. I will post updates on results. And pray. What a plague.
Alison

Warren, OR

#93 Jan 19, 2011
My poor children wrote:
So far so good, I would like to talk to you more about your exact treatment plan and how long it took to be free from the mc. My 9 year old has a REALLY bad case and I am taking her to the derm in a week to try the freezing. My 18 month old has them coming also and I just found one on her face. I was mainly wondering if you think the Zymaderm would have worked effectivly with out the freezing or the aldara. Or was it wall three that did it. I haven't found any on myself so far and I am praying. I am a massage therapist and would have to stop working if I contracted it for the safety of my clients! Please Help!
Try buying "Desert Essense" brand "Thoroughly Clean Face Wash" You can get it on amazon for about 15 bucks for 32 oz,

http://www.amazon.com/Thoroughly-Clean-Face-D...

dilute and use as an all-over body wash. It has a high concentration of tea tree and has almost entirely cured my sons Molluscum outbreak - the earliest papules are gone after about 1 month of using this gentle soap everyday. Also DO NOT let kids continue to take long baths, keeping the spots as dry as possible is the best way to clear them up, the tea tree helps do this by drying the skin slightly (that is why undiluted can be irritating) and also has antibacterial properties. It's working for us! thank goodness so far it hasn't spread to anyone else in our family and he is getting better by the day.
lpr

South Africa

#94 Jan 27, 2011
MC Damnit wrote:
Just to give everyone an update but I am now clear of Molluscum Contagiosum after taking the oral Acyclovir. Just after taking the Acyclovir for a couple of days I already noticed the M.C. lesions starting to go away and look dried up. After about a week they were almost all gone. I continued to take it for approx 3 weeks and now I am totally clear of M.C. I really don't understand why Acyclovir isn't a standard form of treatment for M.C. as it does help. So if you're having a hard time getting rid of M.C. I'd suggest trying oral Acyclovir. Good luck everyone!
I also used Acyclovir, in combination with Aldara. My doctor said they would not work and refused to prescribe, so I found another Doctor, to get a script - I had nothing to lose. The aldara started working slowly, but I noticed a dramatic improvement when I added the Acyclovir. The last few bumps I just scratched off, the molluscum is now gone. It took about a month to six weeks from beginning the aladara - again, doctors will tell you to use it only every second day, but I found a study that said it was much more effective for molluscum if you used it everyday, even twice a day. I stopped using it in a particular area when that area became red and inflamed. I took two 5 day courses of Acyclovir (200mg 3xdaily), two weeks apart. Had tried everything else, this combo was the only thing that worked. I also dried my body with tissues not a towel, and mixed hydrogen peroxide (40 vol) into my body moisturiser - this helped a lot to stop it spreading. I had the molluscum in total about 4.5 months, its a nasty thing I cried many tears, but it goes away, and it will go faster if you treat it than if you don't
Hate this BS

San Antonio, TX

#95 Feb 4, 2011
Well I found out a little over 3 months ago that I have molluscum. I have an autoimmune disease so the doc said thats probably why I have it. It started out on my pubic area. I THINK it cleared up there, but I have three bumps right under my butt cheek. I know it spreads by contact. I've had mild cases of acne on my forehead every now and then but its gotten out of control. I dont know if I have accidently spread the molluscum there somehow or what. But have I been popping these "zits" and just making it worse? I guess what I'm asking is there a way to be able to tell? Is there a distinct difference? Because the ones under my but buttcheek are like little blister type things...and I dont know if because its a different area of the body that they look different.
Sorry to make this so long, but i just need some reasurance. Its constantly in the back of my mind. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE comfort me on this???
dee dee

Benton, AR

#96 Feb 10, 2011
This is so so embarassing. I have been married for five years now and for the past few months I have had just small tiny bumps on the inside of my thighs. I let it go thinking it was just caused by friction and being hot. For some reason I got the idea to squeeze one and a thick white waxy subtance came out. So I got the bright idea that it was a pimple..and popped another. Well now I have more and when the stuff comes out they bleed...what in the world is this? Summer will be here soon and my husband doesn't have a clue either. I really don't want to see a doctor. I'm much too embarassed but how can I get rid of these? After they scab they have been red. I just popped the first one about three days ago. Please help!
Andy

Spring, TX

#97 Feb 10, 2011
Hate this BS wrote:
Well I found out a little over 3 months ago that I have molluscum. I have an autoimmune disease so the doc said thats probably why I have it. It started out on my pubic area. I THINK it cleared up there, but I have three bumps right under my butt cheek. I know it spreads by contact. I've had mild cases of acne on my forehead every now and then but its gotten out of control. I dont know if I have accidently spread the molluscum there somehow or what. But have I been popping these "zits" and just making it worse? I guess what I'm asking is there a way to be able to tell? Is there a distinct difference? Because the ones under my but buttcheek are like little blister type things...and I dont know if because its a different area of the body that they look different.
Sorry to make this so long, but i just need some reasurance. Its constantly in the back of my mind. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE comfort me on this???
Hey man, I have ready that in many, if not most cases, simply touching the bumps in a non vigorous way wont really cause it to spread. Be sure to not scratch at the bumbs, especially where they started. Wiht my experience, i found that the best way to control it is by not cratching them and if you want them removed, have it done by the dermatologist so it can be removed completely and entirely. I understand how you feel my friend, but keep your head up becuase it will go away :) most cases last only a few months max and it gets better and better as time goes by if you be careful with it. You should see your doctor about the ones on your forhead just to be sure. Probably not anything but just to be safe check with your doctor and try to leave them alone until you know. Things can look different on different body area.
Hope this helps,
It will go away :)
Godbless
Andy

Spring, TX

#98 Feb 10, 2011
dee dee wrote:
This is so so embarassing. I have been married for five years now and for the past few months I have had just small tiny bumps on the inside of my thighs. I let it go thinking it was just caused by friction and being hot. For some reason I got the idea to squeeze one and a thick white waxy subtance came out. So I got the bright idea that it was a pimple..and popped another. Well now I have more and when the stuff comes out they bleed...what in the world is this? Summer will be here soon and my husband doesn't have a clue either. I really don't want to see a doctor. I'm much too embarassed but how can I get rid of these? After they scab they have been red. I just popped the first one about three days ago. Please help!
Hey dont worry, THis will all go away. They way you described your case sounds alot like how mine went. Dont be embarassed to see you doctor because anyone can get these bumps and it doesnt mean you were doing anything wrong. The good thing is that the outcome is always good if you follow some pretty basic guidelines. After you see your doctor, he or she willl probably give you a treatment plan. Aldara works on some people but it can be slow to work and the drug acts by irritating that part of the skin. I didnt like it much but I did do its job in some instances. Whaat i had done was had them scraped off at the doctors office by currette. Its not too comfortable but its also not intolerable. The reason its good to have the doctor remove it is because they know how to remove it without leaving any behind in the wound. As they go away, every now and then one or two might show up again and this is normal. eventually it will come down to 1 or two and then finally nothing. You must not scratch that area and if you like to shave then use those electronic clippers that dont come in contact with the skin. Shaving is what spread mine. I found that in my case, and i hear that it is the same with most people, that just touching them or normal contact with the bump wont nessesarily spread it. Thats what my doctor said. She also said just not to scratch them or shave over them with a blade. If you have been married then dont worry yourself too hard, im sure that your partner will be just fine. Ive been with someone and havent spread it because i realized that just normal contact wasnt how it was spreading with my case. Just keep an eye on your situation and you'll start to understand your situation better. Just keep a positive attitude and dont let these little things get to you too much like i did. When you start to treat them they will go away faster and they will reduce in number. Eventually one will pop up here and there but give it some time. Im at the point where i havent noticed anything new yet and its been like 6 months since i discovered them so im hoping they are gone now. Most people get rid of them within a few weeks to a few months. Just remember, they are annoying but not really a horrible ulcer or anything like that. They will go away on their own even witout treatment but go to a doctor to speed up the process. you will find out what treatment will work best for you. I had mine scraped off by curettee method. Hurts a little but is very effective and completely removes the bump.
Ihatemc

Mexico, Mexico

#100 Apr 3, 2011
I started with mc about 2 months and i am using retin a in convination with acyclovir 200 mg 2 times at day and it seem to be working! This thing is a pain!
Kid c

Ottawa, Canada

#101 Apr 7, 2011
I discovered 3 fleshy colored bumps on the shaft of my penis about 4 months ago. Like many people I figured it was nothing and ignored it. After around a month I started to worry and did some reaserch. I found some success stories with people using apple cider vinegar as a treatment. I gave it a shot . I dipped a small piece of toilet paper in the ACV and covered the bumps with it. I then covered it with a band aid. Literally over night there was a noticeable change in the bumps. They flattened out and turned very white. I wasn't sure if this was good or bad so I applied another round of ACV. Within two days all the bumps had turned a dark colour and fell off. It even exposed smaller bumps I hadn't seen before and killed them. The last bump I found was over a month and a half ago and with this treatment I changed colours and fell off within 24 hours. There is hope and I recommend to people with very mild cases like myself to try this treatment. A large bottle of ape cider vinigar is 3 dollars. Trust me it's worth the investment! Good luck!
TBags

Windsor, Canada

#102 Apr 22, 2011
Alright ladies and gents. Listen up. I'll try and make this post short and sweet. I acquired molluscum mid January of this year. I noticed bumps around my pubic area and freaked. I went on every website possible lookin at pics/video/posts/remedies...et c. I'll will tell you how I got rid of it rather quickly, using simple things that you guys/gals should have access to. I say 'hell no' to being passive about molluscum. Take control of this battle, and it will go away quicker than relying on passive doctor treatments.

1) Don't freak out. It looks worse than it is. 2) Accept the fact that its going to last at least 3 months. 3) There are no direct meds to take, however, being that your dealing with a virus, there are things that can boost the immune system to help the battle.

First of all start taking multi-vitamin. Make sure your body isn't deficient in anything it needs. Secondly, I supplimented with "Echinacea". This helps immune system fight cold/flu virus, so it should help with any virus. Drink alot of water. Water goes hand in hand with healthy skin. Also pick up some thin rubber gloves, Polysporin, and some rubbing disinfectant alcohol, and Tea Tree oil is a spray form.

Use the gloves every time you inspect the area, so as not to spread the virus to your hands, then onto wherever. What you want to do is, with the gloves on, pop every single one of these zit-like things.(Or if you want do 3/4 at a time, wait until they heal, then 3/4 more...etc). When you pop them (as you would a zit) tiny white-ish puss comes out. This puss-like stuff is the virus. So your actually ridding your body of this stuff physically. Make sure the puss doesnt touch the skin. So you kinda gotta pop, and hold ur thumbs together, bring it away from the area. Wipe that shit off and continue. Dab some rubbing alcohol on a swab/Q-tip/toilet paper, and apply to the recently popped area. This will kill anything in there. Once the bleeding stops, apply a tiny dab of Polysporin to the area. Then spray some tea tree oil on the area. Wait a minute for it all to absorb, then put ur pants back on. I usually did all this before bed. After this, you wait a couple days until the area heals a bit, then continue.

Dont be afraid. Ya your pubic area isn't going to look the best, but it will all heal rather quickly and its a small price to pay. Every time you pop one of these things, your immune system will trigger, which is also a good thing.

Take showers, not baths. Dry all your body with a towel, EXCEPT for the infected area. Dry that part with separate towel or cloth or toilet paper.

In the mean time. Take the multi-vitamin. Take the Echinacea as directions imply. And remain active. Your immune system is at its best when you exercise.

This is what i did. And it lasted 3 months pretty much right on. Don't be afraid to take control. Stop reading forums that tell you there's no hope. There is! You don't have aids, you dont have cancer. You get to wake up tomorrow morning and live life!

Let me know how things go!

TBags

Since: Apr 11

United States

#103 Apr 28, 2011
Soo, I normally wouldn't add anything on these forums but desperate times call for desperate measure... I noticed these bumps, marks, what have you about 6-7 months ago, thought it was just a skin irritation and it would go away. Not so much. Being a male, one tends to obviously develop hair down there, I normally keep it well groomed, but this was my way of masking it. I feel horrible now as I didn't tell my gf about it and still haven't... She's markless though! Not a spot on here! Anyway, to make a long story short, I was prescribed Amoxicillin, he didn't know if it was warts or what...(How embarrassing!) He decided to do the freeze procedure on about 5-6 bumps. Owch! They froze off, and then fell, whoo hoo! I'm cured. Sh*t came back... I began to see a new doctor and he told me it could be philickalitis (major sp) and eventually he referred me to a dermatologist. In comes Jerry (dermo) he had me strip down and lay on a table as he applied Verrosel (beetle juice) and then put more bandaids on me than I could count! Yeah, on my junk! With his hot assistant assisting home... I wanted to die! This was on Monday, its now Thursday! I'm raw, I'm tender, and still have managed to refrain from sex w/ the gf... We live very busy lives so its no biggy... It hurts soo bad at times, I've been taking vicodin and applying vasoline, creams w/ steroids, rubbing alcohol, etc. It looks like I have a skin eating disease on my manhood.. Not cool. Oh, not to mention he beetle juiced about 8 spots on my neck.... Yeah, looks awesome!:( I am living a lie from the neck thing as I have played it off as I had an allergic reaction to something.. Looks literally like cigarette burns. It hurts to walk, sit, and I'm gettin horny... Sorry, but we're being open here, right. The thought of sex sounds sooo painful right now. When will my leprosy go away!?
Rome

United States

#104 May 10, 2011
Hate this BS wrote:
I have that say problem on the butt and thigh area. I seen a dr. and they subscribed me aldara cream(expensive). I started applying the cream every other day and i didnt see any improvement so now I kind I touch one of the bumps and thengot the bumps on my face this experience has broker me down.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rash on face associated with menstrual cycle (Mar '10) 3 hr Rhiun McBurney 143
Small linear cuts appearing, scabing over then ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Kaz 27
Weird prickly skin (Sep '06) 15 hr JAX 1,271
Tender Swollen Lump near Groin Area (Oct '08) Fri Kkj 503
red/pink spots on stomach (Aug '07) Fri asdfghjkl 128
Lump on forehead (Jun '06) Fri Areddy 677
Small red bumps with clear liqid in it Fri Mariap 2
Painful tiny bumps on fingers (Jul '11) Thu Steversonsd171 264
Small pink bumps appearing on arms/legs that it... (Oct '09) Feb 9 Mezmerize 364
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) Feb 9 Meister 1,719
Tiny, painless wart like bumps on hands and fin... (Jul '07) Feb 2 The Dude 462
More from around the web